Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6]

+12
Greece
Kaede Akamatsu
Revenge of Mars
returnofmastercrazyhand
Truthseeker4449
Cap'n Jack
Subconscious Drift
Meyneth
Lief Katano
Apocrypha
Princess
Nopon
16 posters

Page 21 of 46 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 33 ... 46  Next

Go down

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6] - Page 21 Empty Re: I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6]

Post by Truthseeker4449 30th January 2017, 5:40 pm

So I had asked to swap weekend days with a coworker to allow me to try attending the rescheduled competition. I was told that shouldn't be a problem. Checked the schedule today and like I had asked, I had Saturday off. However unlike what I had asked, I'm not scheduled to work Sunday.

Coupled with the recent slowness that often results in me being told to go home up to three hours early each day, my next paycheck is going to be a good bit smaller than what it has been. Being cut out of the weekend entirely already cuts out at least 10 hours from my schedule, putting me at less than 40 hours for that week. I'm likely to lose another 4 to 12 hours in the following days.

I'm trying not to complain because I'm getting Saturday off like I had asked, on relatively short notice too and to allow me to put my own personal business ahead of the shop is a great favor. Still I wasn't prepared to sacrifice an entire day of working for this.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6] - Page 21 Empty Re: I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6]

Post by Truthseeker4449 31st January 2017, 12:46 pm

Three hours early. I'm not pissing mad, but I'd sure like to see a numbers breakdown of how cutting employees saves costs and if this really is a standard practice in the business world.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 1st February 2017, 10:52 pm

So! Today I forgot my work shirt. Couldn't find any at my dad's, so I had to call up my sister (who recently got her driver's license) to say "hey, can you bring me over to mom's so I can get my shirt". While I was there, I plugged my phone in, intending to get as much energy as possible because I blew a ton while playing Pokémon Duel while waiting for late start stuff.

I forgot my phone.

Cut to about four hours later. Shift ended, time to go home. Waiting for my mom to pick me up. Taking unusually long, but then I remember her saying something about 8:30; maybe she forgot? So I waited.

8:40. I waited a long time. I retreat into the store, getting a 3 Musketeers and $2 for the bus ride home. Went back out to get to the bus...and the bus pulls away. Fuck.

I don't know what time it was when I got sick of waiting and used the store's phone to call my mom, but it was about 9:30 when she finally picked me up. 

Moral of the story: don't play Pokémon Duel. It'll kill your batteries.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd February 2017, 1:55 pm

...I feel so violated today...

So, when I woke up this morning, I was only half awake, but I could have sworn I felt something move in bed with me... Feeling around, I felt a lump by my leg....and it moved.....

Insert me scrambling out of my bed hollering for my family to come help, then yelling, jumping, and running when a mouse came out of my bed and ran towards me....

...so not only did I have a mouse in bed with me this morning, I also had my man card revoked for acting like a little girl over said mouse...

Back to top Go down

Post by Meyneth 2nd February 2017, 2:37 pm

Ugh That sucks, I'd have trouble sleeping in my bed after that.
Meyneth
Meyneth

: Let's Be Heroes!

Myers-Briggs Type : ENFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 3rd February 2017, 9:08 am

So Tuesday night I ordered a phone case and screen protector with 2 day shipping. Here it is Friday and the order has not even left the warehouse. Called Amazon, they explained that they hadn't found a shipping carrier for my order. Makes sense right? Hell no.

However Customer Service did replace the order with free 1 day shipping so I'm not too upset about it. I did really want to get my case before this competition though. I worry so much about dropping this phone
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5th February 2017, 11:06 pm

I'm gonna have a cavity filled Tuesday, and I'm always super nervous about having any dental work done...

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 5th February 2017, 11:22 pm

I've had a couple fillings before, you'll have an odd taste in your mouth for a while and that's about it.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess 6th February 2017, 3:41 pm

Truthseeker4449 wrote:So Tuesday night I ordered a phone case and screen protector with 2 day shipping. Here it is Friday and the order has not even left the warehouse. Called Amazon, they explained that they hadn't found a shipping carrier for my order. Makes sense right? Hell no.

However Customer Service did replace the order with free 1 day shipping so I'm not too upset about it. I did really want to get my case before this competition though. I worry so much about dropping this phone

Was the country of origin China? They are on a holiday that lasted for about two weeks, including last week. Most Chinese orders placed between that time are probably going to go out this week to next week (I'm sure they have a backlog of orders, too).
Princess
Princess

Myers-Briggs Type : INTJ-A
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 6th February 2017, 5:29 pm

I don't recall seeing anything about where it originated. However, if my order cannot be delivered in two days, then I don't want to see the option because I'm wasting my money by picking it.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 9th February 2017, 6:00 am

*just realizes I left my coat in Ayumi*

It's cold. And it's raining. And now I'm starting to question if I shut the back window too... dammit....
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 11th February 2017, 6:13 pm

Smashed my finger this morning while mounting tires. It still hurts.

And I decided to play Train Simulator for the first time in a few months, and it doesn't wanna run.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 11th February 2017, 7:03 pm

*started Steam Verify shortly after this post*

*is only at 56%*

How large is my installation again?

*looks*

*spit take*

Over 90 GB. 193,121 Files.

Dear God, what the hell happened. I thought my installation was only 20 at most. And I don't even have German stuff installed.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 11th February 2017, 8:01 pm

Train Simulator still doesn't want to work and will probably need to be reinstalled.

Meanwhile achievement hunting in Dishonored is going badly too. I'm trying to get Tempest, which is kill 6 enemies at once. One suggestion is knock people out, dump them in a pile, then light a grenade. Only the game objects to having 5 unconscious people in one spot and despawns one by the time you get there with the sixth.

Niagara Falls
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12th February 2017, 7:41 am

...Really wish the weather would make up it's mind if it's still winter or summer...

Last couple of days, we had 70s and 80s for high temps (it was near 90 yesterday), and you can imagine how uncomfortable nights can be when you're expecting colder temps, but it's still in the upper 60s, so I haven't had much sleep the past few days...

Jump to this morning, and it's cold again....40s...and it's going to stay in the 40s for most of the day...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 46 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 33 ... 46  Next