Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6]

+12
Greece
Kaede Akamatsu
Revenge of Mars
returnofmastercrazyhand
Truthseeker4449
Cap'n Jack
Subconscious Drift
Meyneth
Lief Katano
Apocrypha
Princess
Nopon
16 posters

Page 20 of 46 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 33 ... 46  Next

Go down

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6] - Page 20 Empty Re: I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6]

Post by Truthseeker4449 17th January 2017, 10:24 pm

My phone didn't charge last night partially due to my own oversight to verify that it actually was charging. The old battery died overnight as a result and it wasn't until 6:50 that I woke up by the sounds of my siblings getting ready for school. I ended up being 45 minutes late to work because of it.

This morning was a painful reminder that my phone is more important in my life than I give it credit for. It also brings up the question of why don't I upgrade to a more capable device. And my reasons for so far avoiding a new one.

Firstly, I'd be going from $5 a month to add minutes to the account to $80 for unlimited talk and text, and 2 GB of data. I've never had a need for unlimited talk and text, though there's been a couple times where I did have to make a bunch of calls.

Second, the darn things (my local Verizon store is only offering an iPhone 6S as their base plan, but I speak of all smart phones in general), tend to be fragile. I've never really treated my flip phone with much respect, hell it's even been crushed under the weight of a Ford Raptor wheel and it still keeps going. And once it's damaged, there's not much you can do about it, the Verizon store said that there's no warranty on damage.

For the time being, I bought a fresh battery for my phone, notably costing me $40. The phone itself only cost $20 at Walmart.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6] - Page 20 Empty Re: I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6]

Post by Guest 18th January 2017, 8:07 am

Dammit... Even if I could get to work today, my nerves are so shot that my hands are shaking like crazy and my stomach feels like it's upside down...

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 22nd January 2017, 11:03 pm

I just had my ass kicked for 5 hours doing robotics programming and stuff still doesn't work.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd January 2017, 8:16 pm

...fuck...my...life...

So, good news is that we got the replacement parts for the car.

.......bad news is that it's still a low rider...

Going to try and see what went wrong tomorrow (since it's pitch black out now), but I don't know... Everything should have worked out fine...

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 23rd January 2017, 10:52 pm

Sure the bags are getting air?
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd January 2017, 11:40 pm

It doesn't seem like it, but I don't know for sure... My uncle think he may have forgotten to replug in the height sensor once we got all the parts on, so, hopefully, it'll start working again tomorrow when he reconnects it (if that's even the problem).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24th January 2017, 4:34 pm

...I think God has something against my family or something... Maybe he's testing our faith like Job...

...I'm getting sick of whatever it is...

Still working on our car, and I'm still not sure if it's going to be okay...

...Then our front steps just broke while my uncle was climbing up them...

...one thing...after another...what the fuck is wrong with us where we have every fucking thing go wrong for us? I'm sick, tired, and ready to call it quits on everything...

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 24th January 2017, 5:24 pm

I've felt that way myself during my job. Perhaps more relateable, just after I bought Ayumi, the left front brake hose collapsed internally and I really, really wanted to take my driving test in her and to do that, I needed more time behind the wheel to learn her quirks. Not having enough money to have her towed to a shop anyway, I set about replacing the brake hoses in the front.

I made several mistakes during the repair and ended up having to replace the front brake line and a caliper. I missed out on a week-long family trip too and because of that, when I desperately needed stuff, such as washers because the ones supplied with the hoses were too small, I had to walk a mile to a parts store. I had to make that walk many times in the scorching heat. I had to overnight a flaring tool. I had to call favors from my grandparents when I got fed up with poor quality parts and difficulty finding fittings. I spent the better part of two weeks fixing Ayumi and she challenged my resolve to the core, right down to my career choice.

At work, I had days where just nothing would go in my way. Often it felt like they were in a row. Even if it was completely not my fault that things happened that way. I've butted heads with management several times, fairly recently even.

But I've stuck with it, underwent an attitude adjustment or two, and found that there is a point where stuff stops piling up. So push on through!

And double check that the air pump is getting power.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24th January 2017, 6:14 pm

It's like my grandma said: It's not just us, and we have it better than a lot of other people. She mentioned recent tornado victims in the south and how fortunate we are to still have a roof over our heads.

So yeah, I just gotta stop feeling that way. Not easy, but I think I'll manage.

Also, we checked, and it was getting air, just not enough to lift the car, so no idea what was going on (faulty air lines, sensors, or what)... My uncle is currently trying to replace the air suspension with springs, but that's also giving him a pain in the butt...

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 24th January 2017, 6:21 pm

Compressor might be shot, lines might be leaking. I've read that the conversion to springs can be tricky, best of luck to him.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24th January 2017, 6:26 pm

Thanks...I think he's going to need it. Sorry

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 27th January 2017, 1:47 am

Ugh, just dropped one of my friends off at college at 1 am. Then I drove back and rapidly started to fade as the miles ticked away. By the time I was less than a mile from home, I was really having to fight to stay awake. And I almost lost.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 27th January 2017, 4:26 pm

I've misplaced my iPod again. At least I'm certain that I haven't put it through the wash again. Might be the only thing I don't like about a shuffle, it's so tiny and easy to misplace.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 28th January 2017, 10:09 pm

Politics!
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Meyneth 29th January 2017, 12:47 am

Arupon wrote:Politics!
I agree I'm so tired of the hate and auguring from both sides.
Meyneth
Meyneth

: Let's Be Heroes!

Myers-Briggs Type : ENFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 46 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 33 ... 46  Next