Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6]

+11
Kaede Akamatsu
Revenge of Mars
returnofmastercrazyhand
Truthseeker4449
Cap'n Jack
Subconscious Drift
Meyneth
Lief Katano
Apocrypha
Princess
Nopon
15 posters

Page 11 of 46 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 28 ... 46  Next

Go down

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6] - Page 11 Empty Re: I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6]

Post by Truthseeker4449 28th October 2016, 10:19 pm

Was anybody hurt?
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6] - Page 11 Empty Re: I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6]

Post by Truthseeker4449 30th October 2016, 5:47 pm

Ugh.... Finally got my mom's van back into the shop to check where an oil leak has been coming from. It's the head gasket on the rear cylinder head and to replace it is $1,800. It's a slow leak that the van has probably had since before we had it and probably the reason it was sold. The senior tech at the shop says just ignore it, but my mom's nerves are a strong enough reason. She's had a completely catastrophic head gasket failure before.

It's also a factor in long distance trips. My parents wanted to visit our grandparents again in South Carolina and neither me or my mom want to put the van through 8-10 hours of driving. If take my dad's car, it's an uncomfortable trip for my siblings with no room for me. Though it would be more fuel-efficient, the real question is can I put Ayumi through such a long trip, my experience with her so far is that her transmission gets rather loud in neutral after an hour of driving and only gets worse with more. The most I've put her through is 4 hours and it sounded pretty bad after that. I'd probably choose to rest for 30 minutes or so at rest stops before continuing and given her 55 mph speed limit, it'd be long trip for me. Maybe I'll find a big rig to draft behind lol.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 31st October 2016, 9:44 pm

this is the busiest time of the month where we barely squeeze past the deadline....and my coworker won't be able to help much due to family emergencies meaning that I'm on my own this time so I get to do tons of overtime! x.x
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd November 2016, 6:13 pm

Welp...our car is ded.

Started yesterday while I was at work. My family went to the bank, and the car wouldn't start... Got it towed home, and, somehow, the tow truck driver was able start it again when he got it off the truck... Fortunately, the insurance covered the tow, so no loss there.

Seemed to be okay again when they came to pick me up, and again this morning when they drove me to work. However...a while later while I was at work, they called and said that they made it home, but just barely. The car completely died on them as soon as they got in the driveway, and it will not start again...

My uncle has tried everything, and nothing seems to be working...so until we get something figured out, we're stuck....and I have no idea what I'm going to do about work...a friend of ours offered to help me get to work, but I don't want to be a burden to them. Our road that's more potholes than road, along with the mileage and early hours I have to get to work, would be too much of a burden on anyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 2nd November 2016, 9:21 pm

I'd check for fuel pressure first, suspecting a bad pump. A quick easy test for the fuel pump's operation is to pound on the bottom of tank while trying to start the car. Of course a control crank would be a good thing to do first to verify the car is not starting prior to hitting the tank. If it starts while pounding on the tank, then it's likely the pump or a poor electrical connection. Also when the key is turned to ON, most cars will buzz audibly for a second as the pump primes the fuel system. Pop the cap off and listen.

Oh BTW, crank no longer than 30 seconds at a time, giving the starter 2 minutes to rest between attempts. Or you'll burn the starter up.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 6th November 2016, 9:20 pm

I've got about 24 hours to figure out what to ask for Christmas from my grandparents.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 6th November 2016, 10:19 pm

Some possibilities:
9: A certain Nopon running into Iris Heart
Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 7th November 2016, 5:47 am

Hackapon wrote:
9: A certain Nopon running into Iris Heart
This one ends with Iris Heart shoving a leek quite far up your ass for these suggestions.

I don't get much private space in the house to store stuff, besides the 4x3 spot on the floor occupied by my tools. Most of the stuff I have collected has been destroyed by my siblings. Something lewd is also out of the question, my grandparents are Christian, and I won't be opening this alone, let alone be able to keep it away from my siblings.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 7th November 2016, 7:03 pm

So my brother decided to log into my Playstation account to online in Minecraft. I now have to figure out how to figure out how to remove this stranger I'm now "friends" with.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th November 2016, 8:32 pm

Ugh...so SMITE has a new god: Thoth. Today's MOTD (Match of the Day) lets you try him out (they usually do this for a new god on the day of the new patch).

He's a mage, and fires a ton of spells, so about halfway through the match, my fps and ping were so bad that it was starting to make me sick... @~@

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 8th November 2016, 9:35 pm

I read that as Truth
Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 9th November 2016, 9:31 am

trump won and people are GLAD Facepalm
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 9th November 2016, 9:37 am

Given how democracy works, I'd find it mildly worrying if there wasn't people who are glad he won.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 9th November 2016, 5:38 pm

I have no internet or phone right now at home. A utility crew chopped up the fiber optic cable running to my neighborhood. It wasn't marked and given the size of the cable, it's probably going to be a few days before service is restored.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th November 2016, 1:41 pm

So lately, I've been having strange things happen to my phone while I have headphones plugged in. Strange things include static, songs being paused randomly or skipped, random things popping up (like apps and songs I'm not listening to at the moment), and, most annoying, Google popping in and saying "If you just said something, I didn't hear it." This happens to me all the time, and it makes me want to throw my phone out the door.

The problem seems to be something to do with the headphone jack on my phone, given that I've used multiple headphones and have the same problem. It also seems to happen when I'm moving around and the cable gets jiggled, or the connection gets twisted or bumped into.

And it's not just me that's having this problem with Android, so I may be considering switching to an iPhone or just an iPod (so I can listen to my music without Google interrupting...). Before I actually do anything like that though, has anyone had any issues like that before (iPod/phone or Android)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 46 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 28 ... 46  Next