Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Make a Game

+5
Caprizant
Truthseeker4449
returnofmastercrazyhand
Greece
Lief Katano
9 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Make a Game - Page 3 Empty Re: How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Make a Game

Post by Lief Katano 22nd August 2014, 10:58 pm

I think Eigingirni could probably be done by giving Dýrið a status that makes him evade every attack. It should only last to the end of the turn.

The problem I see - and this might just be because it's late - is that a fair portion of these attacks are "the target cannot move" and there's only so many times you can have attacks like that before it just gets ridiculous.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Make a Game - Page 3 Empty Re: How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Make a Game

Post by Caprizant 22nd August 2014, 11:03 pm

We can just bring the list down to a few crucial attacks if need be.
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

: Fresh Start! :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd August 2014, 11:47 pm

*has a plot idea*

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 22nd August 2014, 11:52 pm

If we're going strictly by what actually happened, we've been on Morbo ever since the original Pit Stop was created :B
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 22nd August 2014, 11:56 pm

How about altering that slightly have have the planet be reincarnated in the process.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 23rd August 2014, 12:03 am

For the purpose of the game, yes.
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 23rd August 2014, 12:41 am

Copy/paste its my friend lief :p

I'll have a story idea ready next week but I kinda like the idea of Morbo being a pit stop in the center of the universe and dimensions and we all show up for the grand opening from different worlds/dimensions the only catch is that the grand opening is delayed cause the planet is under attack and nobody told us
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd August 2014, 2:04 am

Lief Katano wrote:Charles: Transformer: Can switch between an armored class and an agility class. Equips are lasers, blasters, energy blades, the like.
I'm gonna have to say no to this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 23rd August 2014, 8:14 am

jokool wrote:*has a plot idea*

Spoiler:
It depends on the length of the worlds/dungeons. 26 regular-sized dungeons would be too much, yeah, but if some of them are smaller or optional, that would make them more bearable.
Prince Charles wrote:
Lief Katano wrote:Charles: Transformer: Can switch between an armored class and an agility class. Equips are lasers, blasters, energy blades, the like.
I'm gonna have to say no to this.  
Got any better ideas? :I
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 23rd August 2014, 10:36 pm

Alright, let's RPGify this attack list!
Caprizant wrote:Here's his whole attack list, courtesy of Lux in MOoC:

Lux wrote:here is his attack list:

Lief's RPGification in bold:

Lux: -passes out on the ground....and up in the sky a bright light is seen as something flies towards the planet-
We should probably remove most of the "cannot be avoided"s and edit some of the attacks to fit an RPG.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 23rd August 2014, 11:01 pm

If we're actually making a game, we need numbers.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 23rd August 2014, 11:08 pm

We should cut down at least a few For Massive Damage attacks, or change them into something similar in concept but with different effects. It'd be nice to have some variety in the movelist.
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd August 2014, 11:10 pm

I'm counting 34 attacks, which seems like waaaaaaaaay too many for an rpg character, even a final boss....

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 24th August 2014, 12:36 pm

we too thought of us bringing KM into this. also let's say the zikeep and bunny were created in the reincarnation of the old pit stop.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 24th August 2014, 1:56 pm

I'd recommend removing the Iron Man attack, if only because, no matter what percentage the attack boost is, it'll help the opponent more then Dýrið.

Also I added in Lux's Dream Power and TS's HP to MP skill, which I named "Blood Price" after a similarish ability in Tactics A2. (It would be nice if you came up with a different name.) The former has Lux fall asleep for 4 turns (regular sleep is 3~5) and gains 10% MP per turn, while Blood Price removes 10% HP and adds 10% MP. Any thoughts?
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next