Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again

+4
Truthseeker4449
Greece
Apocrypha
Lief Katano
8 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

How should base damage be calculated?

How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again Empty0%How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again Empty40%How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again Empty 40% 
[ 2 ]
How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again Empty20%How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again Empty 20% 
[ 1 ]
How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again Empty40%How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again Empty 40% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again Empty How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again

Post by Lief Katano 17th August 2016, 12:33 pm

Thanks to Apocrypha, the old Pit Stop video game thread got dug up again. So we started making a game again! Hopefully this time we'll have actual progress...though then it'll be on me, not Lux. Probably.

This is, basically, the thread to discuss the Pit Stop-based game that is currently being planned. Development will most likely be in RPG Maker, probably in VX Ace. Discussion includes how you want your character's skills set up (i.e. damage slammer, hit absorber, pain reliever, status causer, Magikarp...Magikarper), your character's appearance, what you think should be in the game, plot discussion, etc.

Currently planned plans (mostly copypasta'd from the old thread):
Plot: Apo's got it, though she also PM'd it to me. Would it be alright if I pasted it here?
Characters and skills:
Spoiler:

Feel free to request changes to what you do! Speaking of requests...

Bam! Script website! This is the website where I get all of the plug-ins for my projects that I procrastinate forever on for finishing. There's some pretty cool stuff on there! Feel free to look through it and suggest plug-ins to add. Some of my own suggestions:

Row Formation - There's a lot of characters! Well, like, ten, but that's a lot for an RPG. ...I think. It's certainly not Chrono Cross. Either way, expanding the amount of characters that can be in battle might be a good idea, with a row system to help sort them. Of course, we'd need the party system to make good use of it.

Skill Core - Particularly for TS. His skills cost a ton of MP, which he can regenerate by sacrificing 10% of his HP and converting it into 10% of his MP. Why not cut out the middle man, and have his skills cost HP? (Preferably a percentage. I dunno why, that just seems right. I blame SMT.)

Action Sequences/Battle Engine Core - Basically making the battle sequences look a bit fancier. That's always nice, right? (The decision is for sideview or not. I'm going to add in fancier sequences if we're in sideview, because that looks nice.)

I'll finish it off here so as to not get too rambly. Also I don't know any other scripts I like. :V

Last edited by Lief Katano on 17th August 2016, 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again Empty Re: How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again

Post by Apocrypha 17th August 2016, 12:59 pm

You could paste the plot here, if you want! :)

Edit: I'm slowly but surely pumping out script for the first chapter. I think I'll be done with it sometime soon... Within the next three days, definitely.

*all plot-related stuff (meaning: scripts) are going to be pasted here so that you don't have to scroll through pages of thread to get to them*
Apocrypha
Apocrypha

: What am I doing :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again Empty Re: How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again

Post by Greece 17th August 2016, 1:39 pm

Greece wrote:80% less A's and B's! Still appreciate any criticism.

Spoiler:

Salvaging my summons

Also if Mey is still a super boss maybe she could be a non-elemental summon that you'd obtain after you beat her?
Greece
Greece

: See A Man About A Dog :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 17th August 2016, 1:47 pm

Do you want the summons to be identical besides element, or slowly increasing in power?
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 17th August 2016, 1:50 pm

Elaborate on the idea
Greece
Greece

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 17th August 2016, 1:57 pm

Slowly increasing in power means that summons obtained later (either via levels or boss fights, I don't know which you want) will be stronger (I have it set up Bravely Second style, with a base power and a multiplier for it), while same power means that...they'll all have the same power.

Besides Meyneth, of course.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 17th August 2016, 4:35 pm

have his skills cost HP
Why not a mix?
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 17th August 2016, 4:51 pm

I mean, we could. It seems kind of weird to have two costs for one skill, though, especially since the skill ethics between HP and MP are different (HP is easy to restore, but using it as a skill cost makes you closer to dying, running a greater risk; MP is harder to restore, but it isn't tied to your livelihood.).
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 17th August 2016, 5:01 pm

I think you misunderstand what I'm saying, some skills cost HP, others cost MP.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 17th August 2016, 6:16 pm

Lief Katano wrote:Slowly increasing in power means that summons obtained later (either via levels or boss fights, I don't know which you want) will be stronger (I have it set up Bravely Second style, with a base power and a multiplier for it), while same power means that...they'll all have the same power.

Besides Meyneth, of course.

Sounds good to me.
Greece
Greece

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17th August 2016, 6:30 pm

I like how there's someone with ice powers (me), someone with fire powers (Nanna), and someone with lightning at least in their name (does ROMCH have lightning attacks, or is it all in the name and speed?).

Real quick, what are the stats we have to work with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 17th August 2016, 7:13 pm

Truthseeker4449 wrote:I think you misunderstand what I'm saying, some skills cost HP, others cost MP.
Oh. 

That works too, of course. Probably will work out that the "physical" skills use HP, while magical skills use MP. I was also thinking of giving you a skill that restores your HP. 
jokool wrote:I like how there's someone with ice powers (me), someone with fire powers (Nanna), and someone with lightning at least in their name (does ROMCH have lightning attacks, or is it all in the name and speed?).

Real quick, what are the stats we have to work with?
Lightning was just in the name, but I'll probably add an electric skill for romch to use.

There's HP, MP, Atk, M. Atk, Def, M. Def, Agi, and Luk. Agi determines turn order, while Luk determines...ailment infliction rate? The other stats are fair game to muck around with, though with a plugin we can make them affect other stuff.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 17th August 2016, 7:35 pm

A skill that converts MP into HP and a skill that converts HP into MP
Greece
Greece

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 17th August 2016, 7:39 pm

A skill that inflicts a status on you and the enemy
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 17th August 2016, 8:54 pm

I'm guessing we are keeping the stuff we decided on last time?
such as my ideas for sidequests?
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next