Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again

+4
Truthseeker4449
Greece
Apocrypha
Lief Katano
8 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

How should base damage be calculated?

How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 2 Empty0%How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 2 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 2 Empty40%How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 2 Empty 40% 
[ 2 ]
How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 2 Empty20%How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 2 Empty 20% 
[ 1 ]
How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 2 Empty40%How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 2 Empty 40% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 2 Empty Re: How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again

Post by Guest 17th August 2016, 8:59 pm

OH! Nearly forgot to add that my character has to have sunglasses. Everything else is cool. Cool Shades

Back to top Go down

How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 2 Empty Re: How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 17th August 2016, 9:05 pm

I'm salvaging my sidequest ideas
long list:
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 17th August 2016, 9:13 pm

having every crystal and beating the final boss a second time gives you the sequel hook where much was being manipulated iirc.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 17th August 2016, 9:21 pm

Greece wrote:A skill that converts MP into HP and a skill that converts HP into MP
That's entirely within my power, especially with Skill Core (since I can have HP/MP costs exactly equal to what's going to be restored How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 2 Emot-science), but I'm curious as to who would use each.

I'd prefer "everyone" to not be an option, because I'm already setting it up such that every unit has their own skill command and I'd hate to have to redo the same skill ten times y u so negative? (or have to remerge the skill lists, which isn't a problem because I only actually made three so far but it's still work)
Hackapon wrote:A skill that inflicts a status on you and the enemy
I can do it but I'm tempted to veto this on principle because those are the worst goddamn skills ever. No questions asked. I swear to whatever.
returnofmastercrazyhand wrote:I'm guessing we are keeping the stuff we decided on last time?
such as my ideas for sidequests?
Might have to rethink them based off of how the story turns out. :U

The sequel hook idea will be scratched entirely, most likely. At least that one, since from what I had planned with Apocrypha Dýrið was going to take a more active antagonistic role. ...I should probably post those messages. Hm.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 17th August 2016, 9:23 pm

but can we have the majority of them still in there?
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 17th August 2016, 9:30 pm

Maybe I dunno :V

Completely unrelated, I added a poll for any thoughts on the base damage system. I'd like to get that figured out before I get too far in, and am conflicted on which system to use myself. :V
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 17th August 2016, 9:36 pm

I chose to listen to your idea dammit!
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 17th August 2016, 9:38 pm

That was supposed to be the voter saying that, meaning that they had another idea for damage calculation. :V
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 17th August 2016, 9:48 pm

Listen to my idea, or lack there of!

*silence*
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 17th August 2016, 9:50 pm

This is why I don't like you. Really.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 17th August 2016, 9:52 pm

At some point in the last thread I'm pretty sure I didn't give too much about the game. Still holding true. But hey, pretty buttons to press as I descend deeper into insanity!
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 17th August 2016, 9:52 pm

I made a vote.

Because I think it could be fuuuuuuuuuun
Greece
Greece

: See A Man About A Dog :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 17th August 2016, 10:15 pm

Now think about this Lief, a skill that lets you consume a status ailment in order to do elemental damage :O
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocrypha 17th August 2016, 10:32 pm

All the ideas about damage systems make my head spin. Haha.

Also, ROMCH, I think the sidequests were a good idea, but I might add or remove a couple.

I was thinking of adding a plot thing where everyone gets separated in a dungeon (or across Morbo. Blargh), forcing characters to cooperate who don't normally interact very much. Good for character development and/or great one-liners. Thoughts?
Apocrypha
Apocrypha

: What am I doing :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 17th August 2016, 10:34 pm

I'm good for it, it also seems like it would help give each character more time to develope
Greece
Greece

: See A Man About A Dog :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next