Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again

+4
Truthseeker4449
Greece
Apocrypha
Lief Katano
8 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

How should base damage be calculated?

How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 4 Empty0%How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 4 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 4 Empty40%How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 4 Empty 40% 
[ 2 ]
How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 4 Empty20%How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 4 Empty 20% 
[ 1 ]
How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 4 Empty40%How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 4 Empty 40% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 4 Empty Re: How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 18th August 2016, 7:41 pm

I will include every sidequest in the game for the characters I previously mentioned, just with different backstories and stuff.
and meyneth still has to be the superboss, that was decided as a concrete thing in the last game.
I personally preferred the original base script though.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 4 Empty Re: How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 18th August 2016, 7:42 pm

and maybe add one for caprizant depending on if he still is plot-important or not.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 18th August 2016, 7:47 pm

lux's previous story script:
I still want this to be the story, maybe apo could work around this model and add and remove bits?
I just am NOT happy because this was my idea back 2 years ago and now it's getting tampered with when I thought we all had everything figured out
I'm just partial to the original script and ideas is my point.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 18th August 2016, 8:11 pm

Here's the thing, though - we had next to nothing set in stone. The only part of the old script that was actually written was the first two scenes of the game. The only important thing that happened? Greece and Bunnies getting into a fight. Even then, "important" might be stretching it.

We have a different writer now, who has different ideas for the world she's creating. Some of those might not mesh with the plans we laid out for the original script. That should be okay! Look at Final Fantasy XV - it's clear that changes happened during its production.

One more thing:
I will include every sidequest in the game for the characters I previously mentioned
You do not have that power. I'm the one with the .rpgproject file for the game. I'm the one who's putting all of this crap into the game, making sure it becomes a finished project. And by god, if you throw a fit about Apocrypha not making sure that all of your sidequests are capable of being in the game, I will make sure that none of them are in the game.

Changes happen. Deal with it.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 18th August 2016, 8:19 pm

Lief Katano wrote:Here's the thing, though - we had next to nothing set in stone. The only part of the old script that was actually written was the first two scenes of the game. The only important thing that happened? Greece and Bunnies getting into a fight. Even then, "important" might be stretching it.

We have a different writer now, who has different ideas for the world she's creating. Some of those might not mesh with the plans we laid out for the original script. That should be okay! Look at Final Fantasy XV - it's clear that changes happened during its production.

One more thing:
I will include every sidequest in the game for the characters I previously mentioned
You do not have that power. I'm the one with the .rpgproject file for the game. I'm the one who's putting all of this crap into the game, making sure it becomes a finished project. And by god, if you throw a fit about Apocrypha not making sure that all of your sidequests are capable of being in the game, I will make sure that none of them are in the game.

Changes happen. Deal with it.
no one likes to deal with change
and it just wouldn't feel right to include only certain sidequests of former major pit stoppers, because what if one shows up and wants to be added but can't because we are done with them?
I'll try to be open to removing certain sidequests and editing them, but no guarantees I won't get angry about it.
sorry about this.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 18th August 2016, 8:22 pm

at least keep mey's sidequest as superboss in (we don't have to keep backstory or anything other than mey being a dragon who can take human form) so we can fit the superboss staple of RPGs, then we'll talk about removing others and changing other still
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 18th August 2016, 10:06 pm

Do you have ideas for appearances yet Lief?

unrelated, was thinking it'd be funny/sucky for me to be weak to normal attacks that don't have elements, why? A dream would then be weak to the mundane, to reality :D
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 18th August 2016, 10:41 pm

I was going to base it off of the Miis of the people I have, mixed with the "class" that they're from. Only exception is Apocrypha, because she sent me an appearance, and me, because...well...

Probably going to make the base sprites (overworld and sideview sprites) with the character creator, then have the portraits drawn regularly.

Also I can't make you weak to non-elemental attacks, because they're...well...non-elemental. I can make you weak to Phys attacks, and I can make you weak to physical-type abilities, but I can't actually make you weak to non-elemental attacks.

...If I could (probably by making a quote-non-elemental-endquote element), you'd probably be the first character in the history of video games to actually be weak to non-elemental attacks.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 18th August 2016, 10:42 pm

sorry about that fiasco earlier lief.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 18th August 2016, 10:45 pm

Lief Katano wrote:I was going to base it off of the Miis of the people I have, mixed with the "class" that they're from. Only exception is Apocrypha, because she sent me an appearance, and me, because...well...

Probably going to make the base sprites (overworld and sideview sprites) with the character creator, then have the portraits drawn regularly.

Also I can't make you weak to non-elemental attacks, because they're...well...non-elemental. I can make you weak to Phys attacks, and I can make you weak to physical-type abilities, but I can't actually make you weak to non-elemental attacks.

...If I could (probably by making a quote-non-elemental-endquote element), you'd probably be the first character in the history of video games to actually be weak to non-elemental attacks.

Then weak to physical it is :D

Also I'll make an appearance for me since as you all know, my mii is just megaman :V
Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 18th August 2016, 10:47 pm

Wait, what?! How much of my life has been a lie?!
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 18th August 2016, 10:54 pm

lol.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 18th August 2016, 11:05 pm

Lief Katano wrote:Wait, what?! How much of my life has been a lie?!

depends on when I made it my mii :V
Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 19th August 2016, 12:38 am

Random question though: Do side quests have to relate to plot at all? Like, technically couldn't we add some side quests with those characters/members just to give a potential player something to do if they wanted to backtrack? Like, it could give you useful items or random tidbits of playable characters if you did want to do them, but won't be necessary for game completion unless you were going for 100%...?

Unrelated to plot/sidequests, I am still willing to put some effort into this. I just don't want to slow down production of this, as it's really starting to move along now, and I am needing to write a blog post that could cause potential issues with helping on an artist's standpoint...
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

: Holy crap. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 19th August 2016, 1:49 pm

Kool Bunnies wrote:Random question though: Do side quests have to relate to plot at all? Like, technically couldn't we add some side quests with those characters/members just to give a potential player something to do if they wanted to backtrack? Like, it could give you useful items or random tidbits of playable characters if you did want to do them, but won't be necessary for game completion unless you were going for 100%...?

Unrelated to plot/sidequests, I am still willing to put some effort into this. I just don't want to slow down production of this, as it's really starting to move along now, and I am needing to write a blog post that could cause potential issues with helping on an artist's standpoint...
kind of what I was going for tbh.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next