Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Play Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors!

4 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Let's Play Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Play Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors!

Post by Truthseeker4449 29th May 2014, 9:19 pm

I am astonished at just how much I found this isn't even every instance.

Construction was started on March 31st, 1909.
The collision with the iceberg left 9 of her 16 watertight compartments undamaged.
Some measurements put Titanic at 882 feet, 6 inches long while some other sources say she is 882 feet, 9 inches long.
The Olympic-class liners were built in part to replace SS Teutonic  and SS Majestic, both launched in 1889.
29 boilers fed her twin 4 cylinder, triple expansion steam engines and her single steam turbine.
The 11-12 season had Olympic, Titanic, and Oceanic running the same service. Oceanic was launched in 1899.
In ideal conditions, the wireless telegraph installed had a range of 1,609 kilometers (1,000 miles).
If Titanic had been at full capacity on that first voyage, she would've had over 900 crew members on board.
The sorely outdated regulations White Star was held to required  vessels exceeding 10,000 tons to carry at least 16 lifeboats for at least 990 people.
Titanic's stop in Cherbourg was only 90 minutes long.
The average speed of Titanic's run was 21 knots, which converts into 39 km/h and 24 mph.
Carpathia, carrying the survivors, arrived in New York on the 18th of April at 9:30, at Pier #54. Do the math as you please.
Carpathia's crew collectively received nearly £900 from the survivors.
The US Senate inquiry into the tragedy began on April 19th.
Recovery operations recovered 333 bodies.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Let's Play Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Play Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors!

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 29th May 2014, 9:21 pm

it's different in the second game for 3ds and vita.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 29th May 2014, 9:36 pm

Eh?
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29th May 2014, 11:42 pm

There's a sequel game for the 3DS and Vita called Virtues Last Reward (aka, the second game I mentioned somewhere in today's update). It's on my list of games to get when I get a 3DS.

Truthseeker4449 wrote:I am astonished at just how much I found this isn't even every instance.
Holy crap! O_O

Carpathia, carrying the survivors, arrived in New York on the 18th of April at 9:30, at Pier #54. Do the math as you please.

Someone's gotten the hang of the digital root system.  Dunsparce Approves 

Also:

Some measurements put Titanic at 882 feet, 6 inches long while some other sources say she is 882 feet, 9 inches long.

8 + 8 + 2 = 18

1 + 8 = 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 30th May 2014, 6:54 am

jokool wrote:Someone's gotten the hang of the digital root system.  Dunsparce Approves 
Actually, that's just from my own paranoia about unlucky numbers.  Sorry 
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 30th May 2014, 8:34 pm

I saw this game at GameStop today. I didn't get it, because you're doing it.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1st June 2014, 10:06 pm

Part 5:
" />

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 1st June 2014, 10:23 pm

Perhaps this Zero fellow has used some sort of remote control to seal a watertight door lower down...
Actually not that much of a stretch. Titanic's water tight doors were in fact remote controlled. Motors slowly lowered the doors until they were just a foot or two off the ground. Then the immensively heavy doors were allowed to freefall to make a good seal. It has been said the doors killed and injuried several unlucky people who didn't know this.

There were several windows along both sides of the ship--or at least there had been. They, too, were covered with metal plates.
Thus overiding one of the factors why Titanic sank in the time she did. The watertight bulkheads only went up so far. When the top of the bulkhead went below sea level, water simply flowed over the floor to nearest way down.

The plate in the ceiling takes the place of the elaborate glass dome that used to cover the staircase. The dome and the covering structure that concealed it from the outside are both missing from the wreck, possibly destroyed on the two mile trip down. The Grand Staircase is often used by expedition teams to get deeper inside the wreck.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1st June 2014, 11:12 pm

Truthseeker4449 wrote:
Perhaps this Zero fellow has used some sort of remote control to seal a watertight door lower down...
Actually not that much of a stretch. Titanic's water tight doors were in fact remote controlled. Motors slowly lowered the doors until they were just a foot or two off the ground. Then the immensively heavy doors were allowed to freefall to make a good seal. It has been said the doors killed and injuried several unlucky people who didn't know this.

Oh jeez.... That's a terrifying way to die....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6th June 2014, 3:37 am

I should be updating this more, but I'm suffering from a terrible case of procrastination....

I'll try to get the next update out by tomorrow evening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th June 2014, 5:35 pm

part 6:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 7th June 2014, 6:22 pm

What.

The hell's killing 'em going to do?
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 7th June 2014, 6:30 pm

*wants into the game world to kill that man*

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU 

Also think about it Lief, access through the doors is determined the bracelets. Kill them all and now you have the bracelets when you need them.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 7th June 2014, 6:32 pm

How do you get them off, though?
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 7th June 2014, 6:37 pm

*puts a wrist watch on you*
*now cuts off your arm on both sides of the watch*
*is left with the watch on a chunk of arm*
*tears apart the aforementioned chunk of arm*
*now has just the watch*
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next