Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cobalt Chronicles

4 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Cobalt Chronicles - Page 4 Empty Re: Cobalt Chronicles

Post by Nopon 26th August 2013, 10:04 pm

(sorry for posting late, anyway from this point on, try to keep all the posts in the thread incharacter and if you want to join, pm your character profile to me)

It was a dark night in Cobalt City, but it was far from quiet. A man’s shouts and screams could be heard…or could they? Most people seemed to pay no attention to them as a man ran through an empty alley, d-pad on his arm. It seemed to have cards on it, and his duel gazer was active, perhaps he was in a duel when it began to malfunction? The man stopped running when something appeared in front of him, a tall man wearing a black cloak. As he tried to turn and run, he tripped and fell to the ground, turning back at the figure. He let out a shout as he looked at the man’s completely black eye.

“L-l-leave me alone!”

The man felt something below him, something moving. His eyes widened as he noticed the shadows below him moving, dark hands rising out to grab at him. He felt them grab onto his neck, beginning to pull him down. The cloaked man held up his arm, showing his scythe-like d-pad.

“…..Direct attack…..surrender….it’ll make things quicker…”

“I-Is that what this is about!? I-I give up! You win this stinking duel!”

Suddenly the shadows vanished, leaving him and the cloaked man standing in what was now a park. Before he could stand up, the cloaked man slammed him into the ground and held his d-pad a hair’s length away from his neck.

“Card…”

“G-go ahead and take it!”

The man quickly pulled a black card from his pocket and gave it to the tall man. The man simply took it and stared for a moment, before tearing it to pieces. He then looked back and saw that the man whom had been on the ground had already left.

“Another down…..next target….”

He pulled out a photograph of a person holding a black card. He stared for a moment, lost in thought, but then the sound of sirens brought him back to reality. By the time the police arrived at the scene, he was long gone. Tomorrow would be a new day….and with a new day, came a new target.

(The rp officially starts now! It is morning in Cobalt City, and the news is going wild as someone is claiming that they had dueled the mysterious Shadow Walker!)
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th August 2013, 10:15 pm

(jeez, it took me forever to get to see that post... Chrome kept crashing for some reason whenever I tried to see the last page...)

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 27th August 2013, 7:44 am

Nightgear arrived in her blue truck hauling a flatbed to pick up a shipment of parts to restock her stocks back at her workshop. Nightgear noticed the conversations of the workers and took mental notes as she strapped down her load.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Zexy 27th August 2013, 8:47 am

Darkness was the only thing Dino could exprience at that moment. Before he could even realize it, though, a cloaked, shadowy figure approached. This made him feel even worse, the fear now chilling his bone. Finally, the shadowy figure shouted out loud:

"YOU MIGHT BE THE NEXT TARGET!"

Dino was shaken in surprise, and this caused him to wake up, in his room, which lacked any source of light, even though it should be morning by now.

For more than half an hour, Dino stayed in bed, thinking that the nightmare he saw was something more than a dream. It was a vision, one that haunted his heart. The revelation of the danger and the burden he has, holding that card. The Box.
Zexy
Zexy

: Son of Norman

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 27th August 2013, 10:44 am

The workers helped Nightgear with her parts, they always wondered how anybody could live near the mines so calmly, especially with the rumors flying around. As they worked they talked among themselves, "So, they finally have a witness, Shadow Walker is real."

"Ah, that's nothing but bull, probably some kid trying to get attention."

"Ya don't understand, I saw the kid on the news, he looked completely terrified, you can't fake true fear."

"What do you mean? You fake it each time your wife comes."

As Dino sat in bed, the sound of an object hitting his window could be heard. Then followed by a shout, "Hey Dino! Get out of bed already! Today's the day your luck finally runs out!"

A boy around the same age as Dino was standing outside, looking at some tarot cards in his hand. "Yes...today's the day I finally win!"
Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zexy 27th August 2013, 10:59 am

Dino, enraged from the boy's behavior, gets up, puts his classic all-white outfit as fast as he can and storms out.

"Can you just stop it? You've broken this window twice!"

"Uhm, sorry. But, see? I did not break it this time!"

"Good for you. Now, do you really want to lose for the 23th time?"

"Are they so many? I've lost count."

"Well, yes."

"Still, as said before, your luck will run out!"

This put Dino in deep thought. Can this saying be tied to the nightmare he just had?
Zexy
Zexy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zexy 27th August 2013, 7:36 pm

(Double posting, since I have a whole Duel ready and no one else has been active for a while.)

THIS CONTAINS A WHOLE DUEL, IE IS BIG!:

IF YOU DONT WANNA READ TONS OF TEXT, HERE IS WHAT HAPENNED IN BRIEF:

Last edited by Zexy on 28th August 2013, 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Zexy
Zexy

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 28th August 2013, 10:41 am

Nightgear finished tightening the last chain on her load. She thanked the workers for their help and turned to get in her truck.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zexy 28th August 2013, 10:44 am

Meanwhile, Dino was waiting in the hospital, hoping that Felix will soon feel better. Suddenly, a newsflash appeared in the nearby TV:

“Today, at around 4 am, a 20-year-old man visited the Cobalt Police Department, and claimed that he Dueled the mysterious Shadow Walker. According to him, the cloaked phantom approached him in the park, and started chasing him around. They then Dueled, and Shadow Walker won. In an attempt to escape his fate, he surrendered the Duel, and Shadow Walker just walked off. What is even more puzzling is that the witness remembers nothing from the Duel, and that all citizens around the area heard or saw nothing. The Cobalt Police does not accept the story as real, and ensures all the citizens that the city will stay safe. They are still not advised to visit the mines to the west, whose rumors are tied with those of Shadow Walker. Instead, the Cobalt Police will patrol the surrounding area. Thank you for watching Cobalt TV News Flash. Have a nice day!”
Zexy
Zexy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 28th August 2013, 8:41 pm

As Nightgear drove away, at an intersection, something alarming happened. There was a loud crash as a duel runner collided with the side of her truck. Should she look out, she would notice quite a large dent near the fuel tank, and a duel runner which seemed to not be in driving condition anymore, and on the ground a young woman with short brown hair wearing a brown turtleneck sweater and jeans. She also had a black helmet which also seemed fairly banged up and next to her head was a pair of broken glasses.

"Crap....thought I could make it..."

As Dino would sit there listening to the news a voice would no likely shock him, "I trust you've seen the power of a number..."

The voice came from a boy around the same age as Dino, with messy black hair and black eyes which showed nothing but exhaustion. He wore a torn white shirt and ragged jeans. There were no shoes or socks on his feet either. Most alarming of all would be where he was. He was standing next to Felix's bed.

"Numbers are dangerous things, perhaps you should get rid of it. If you want, I can take it, and then you won't have to worry about tonight."

(these two new guys are npcs which I have stuffed planned for so try not to control what they say)

Last edited by Lux on 28th August 2013, 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zexy 28th August 2013, 8:52 pm

As soon as Dino heard him say so, the dark aura from before appeared again, indicating that the Number took hold.

"There is no way I would just hand it over to you! My task is to protect it, and it means everything to me!"

"Can't you see the damage it did to your friend?"

"I am sorry about that incident, but I can't help it now! My Number is much more important!"

Last edited by Zexy on 28th August 2013, 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar...)
Zexy
Zexy

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 28th August 2013, 9:12 pm

(Unless the duel runner was quite high off the ground, a dent in the fuel tank is far more likely if the collision was in that area, and I'm going to go with that as there would be far more damage on the tank than the door)

Nightgear immediately looked into the right side view mirror in the direction where she felt the impact and saw the wrecked duel runner and the girl who appeared to be conscious. As Nightgear pulled over, she noticed that the fuel gauge for the right side fuel tank was now reading higher than the left side tank, indicating to her that the tank had been badly dented, but not necessarily ruptured.

After pulling over and applying the parking brake and putting the transmission in neutral, Nightgear flipped a switch that started a pump that began transfering fuel out of the damaged tank into the undamaged one on the other side. Nightgear then quickly configured the truck to take fuel out of the right tank only and start up a generator to help burn off more fuel. She then climbed out of the truck and after checking the damaged tank for any signs of leaks, she briskly walked over to the women.

"Are you alright?" she asked.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 28th August 2013, 10:12 pm

"So then Crazy Box, looks like you like this host...Quite a shame really.."

The boy moved forwards quickly and struck Dino with his palm square in the stomach, only Dino wouldn't feel a thing. As the boy removed his hand a blank card fell to the ground.

"That should hold him for a while...Now listen to me kid, numbers are bad for you, ESPECIALLY a lunatic like Crazy Box. I'm only looking out for you. Give me the card and you'll be safe tonight, if not, I'm not sure if I can hold him back..."

The boy looked out the window and stared at the sun.

"So then, tell me, what do you say, will you hand over Crazy Box?"

The girl slowly got up as she looked at Nightgear, "I-I'm fine, nothing broken...besides my duel runner...and my pride," She then cringed as she grabbed her side, "And maybe a few ribs...Listen...could you give me a ride to the park? Its not too far from here, I heard Shadow walker was there last night, I've got to duel him!"

Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zexy 29th August 2013, 6:21 am

Dino looked puzzled, as the control had supposedly faded...

"Wait, you are the boy who called me out before! What did you do to me? I suddenly feel much better! And what is that blank card down there? It reminds me of..."

"...a Number. This is the Number that was corrupting you all along, From the very moment you picked it up."

"That card, was it really controlling my mind?"

"Yes, it even managed to send your friend Felix to the hospital."

"I can't trust you. I don't even know your name."

(Lux, am I supposed to not let him get the card and then Duel with him for it, or is it something different? If you want to further the plot, just reply for me to his question, no prob with controlling my words.)
Zexy
Zexy

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 29th August 2013, 8:39 am

(I think this is supposed to be our choice in this)

"I'll give you a lift to the hospital, but not the park, you are not in any shape for dueling, much less against someone rumored to be ruthless. If he doesn't kill you, your ribs will." Nightgear's position was firm and was unwilling to compromise with the injured duelist.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next