Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6]

+11
Kaede Akamatsu
Revenge of Mars
returnofmastercrazyhand
Truthseeker4449
Cap'n Jack
Subconscious Drift
Meyneth
Lief Katano
Apocrypha
Princess
Nopon
15 posters

Page 8 of 46 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 27 ... 46  Next

Go down

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6] - Page 8 Empty Re: I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6]

Post by Guest 5th October 2016, 5:54 pm

About OBS: Yeah, I figured it'd be hard without a second monitor. SMITE runs full screen, so I had no idea if it was recording or not when I did it. OJ I ran windowed, and, here's the odd part, it showed up in the OBS preview perfectly the whole time I was recording, but when I watched the recording...nothing but darkness (and sounds).

Now for something else: Last night was a nightmare for my stomach... A turkey and dressing meal I had for dinner did not agree with me at all and I thought I was going to be sick... Felt better this morning, but still...

Back to top Go down

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6] - Page 8 Empty Re: I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6]

Post by Truthseeker4449 5th October 2016, 10:59 pm

Truthseeker4449 wrote:I've discovered that Ayumi is leaking coolant, out of the thermostat housing. I just had that sealed with a fresh gasket about 6,000 miles ago with the timing belt, water pump, and thermostat replacement. I'm mildly pissed that this is the third time I'll have to go into this housing and this time I'll be replacing it with parts from Ford, so now I need to find time this week to get a housing.
Went to the dealer and Ford parts turned out to be $140 all in all. For a rather small piece of metal, but I think it's worth it not to have to go back into the system for a fourth time because of poor machining. Also a bit mad at myself because after I paid for the part to be ordered, I asked for it to be delivered to the shop. I then found out I have an employee discount at this Ford Dealership because we do business with them often. It's also the same dealership that had Ayumi on their lot until she was auctioned off, one of the salesman actually noticed the dealer's sticker upon my arrival
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6th October 2016, 2:01 pm

...I feel like my mind and my body are trying to shut down on me...

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 6th October 2016, 10:00 pm

and clair is still a bitch. haven't had a pre-elite four battle that hard in forever.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 8th October 2016, 8:25 pm

The thermostat housing was supposed to arrive at the shop today. It did not. On the bright side, I was able to throw in my chosen cooling system flush and it already appears to be doing a decent job at breaking down the rust and other junk still left over from the old coolant in the system.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th October 2016, 8:43 pm

So now I know why it highly recommends a controller for Dark Souls... I can't open the pause menu or inventory because it says to hit start instead of a keyboard key...and enter, escape, or any other key for that matter (believe me, I pressed all of them) do nothing to open up a menu...

...I did find the gestures menu somehow...but that only changes whether I point, wave, or dance... Disgust

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 9th October 2016, 8:53 pm

Sister's Generation, my first Neptunia game is largely the same way. The game is clearly made to be played with a controller and if you don't have one, it completely ruins the experience. And of course the only controller easy to use with Windows is an XBox controller, which I don't have.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th October 2016, 8:56 pm

I have a few other games that recommend a controller or look like they would play better with a controller (RWBY being one of those), so I may just look into getting a cheap controller.

Also, in other problems I need to bitch about: This computer can't record for shit... I tried testing the Windows 10 game recording feature to see how well my mic sounded on video (and to see if I could actually record), aaaaand it crashed 100% Orange Juice...

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 9th October 2016, 9:04 pm

As I think about it, used Xbox 360 controllers are probably dirt cheap right now. Might swing by Gamestop later this week.

And there's a game recording feature!?!
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th October 2016, 9:56 pm

If you hit the Windows key + G, it brings up a game bar in Windows 10. It features game recording and mic recording, along with a couple other things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th October 2016, 10:30 pm

Well, that doesn't do me any good 'cause I don't have or intend to get Windows 10.

But, I should get an Xbox controller so I can finally play all my Steam games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 10th October 2016, 5:44 am

I'll have to give it a try later.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 10th October 2016, 9:53 pm

So... got two things.

First off, I got involved in another accident. I was looking for a good parking spot for a customer's vehicle and got hit by someone backing out. I doubt there will be repercussions for me, but it is at the back of my mind.

Second, the debate last night must have been a complete disaster or something because my entire Yahoo feed is just about full of nothing but it. And I don't like that all :I
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 11th October 2016, 4:16 pm

So after driving all the way down the college, I discovered the parking lots were pretty much empty when they're normally well-packed. Turns out that the college, which is state run, gave students the day off for staff use.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 11th October 2016, 9:20 pm

Truthseeker4449 wrote:
Truthseeker4449 wrote:I've discovered that Ayumi is leaking coolant, out of the thermostat housing. I just had that sealed with a fresh gasket about 6,000 miles ago with the timing belt, water pump, and thermostat replacement. I'm mildly pissed that this is the third time I'll have to go into this housing and this time I'll be replacing it with parts from Ford, so now I need to find time this week to get a housing.
Went to the dealer and Ford parts turned out to be $140 all in all. For a rather small piece of metal, but I think it's worth it not to have to go back into the system for a fourth time because of poor machining. Also a bit mad at myself because after I paid for the part to be ordered, I asked for it to be delivered to the shop. I then found out I have an employee discount at this Ford Dealership because we do business with them often. It's also the same dealership that had Ayumi on their lot until she was auctioned off, one of the salesman actually noticed the dealer's sticker upon my arrival
Turns out Ford sent me the wrong part. They gave me the part for a later model year. Sometime after 1994, the design for the housing changed to integrate the coolant temperature sensor for the computer into the housing. Ayumi's sensor is located a few inches down one of the hoses for the heater core. This part is starting to seem elusive. Back during the time belt job, I purchased a much cheaper housing that looked identical, but turned out having different bolt holes.

So I'll be going back to the dealership tomorrow...
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 46 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 27 ... 46  Next