Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v4]

+7
TheCapsFan
Lief Katano
Nopon
returnofmastercrazyhand
Caprizant
Meyneth
Kaede Akamatsu
11 posters

Page 57 of 67 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Go down

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v4] - Page 57 Empty Re: I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v4]

Post by Truthseeker4449 9th July 2015, 9:48 pm

So.... I learned today why many people don't like how mechanics use airtools to tighten lug nuts... Tried to change out my bad tire today and found to my dismay that despite putting all of my weight on my lug nut wrench, the lug nuts didn't budge. They also didn't move at all when I tried jumping on the wrench. Not even sticking a pipe on the end of the wrench to increase leverage helped...

So as a last ditch effort I drove just down the street to a shop, a poorly rated shop I might add, and found out that it was already officially closed despite the sign in the window. Me and my dad managed to talk the service writer and the remaining mechanic there to help us loosen the nuts and then we would finish the job in the parking lot.

That plan worked all nice and dandy until the truck was back in the parking lot and I went to step on the wrench, nothing. The mechanic's attempt at loosening the lug nuts didn't work, instead he had tightened them back up again. At this point me and my dad just choose to leave, having already thanked the service writer and the mechanic for their help.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v4] - Page 57 Empty Re: I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v4]

Post by Guest 9th July 2015, 10:16 pm

Truthseeker4449 wrote:Sounds like he was trying to feed chickens, possibly collect some eggs, and was being drenched by torrential rain.

Close. They're still young, so no eggs. They were outside their coop in the rain, and my grandma was worried about them drowning (the rain was coming down so hard that it was literally flooding the yard), so I went out to round them up. My rain jacket did absolutely no good because it was soaked and I was soaked underneath it....

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess 9th July 2015, 10:23 pm

Aww that's so cute. Hopefully they are safe inside.
Princess
Princess

Myers-Briggs Type : INTJ-A
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th July 2015, 10:33 pm

They are, and I'm dry now, so it's all good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 9th July 2015, 10:50 pm

TheCapsFan wrote:
Spiky Nopon wrote:i'm sad that codename steam basically flopped meaning that we won't get sequels or more with the same game style or world and there is so little fan art ;-;

Watch, give it three or so years and that game will be a cult classic, and will get a sequel.  Look at Okami.  It flopped in sales yet got a sequel on the DS. that being said, the game was also very well-recieved, unlike codename steam

yeah, it wasn't well recieved and most reviews essentially said "Steampunk and long turns, I hate it" or "Steampunk and long turns, I love it"

literally one of the biggest complaints was that they had to wait during enemy turns or that they couldn't see the enemy(which is the point of the game style, working towards being able to see the enemy, putting together scraps of info to form a plan, and after trying the fire emblem demo, I still love steam more for having so much info hidden for you to have to come up with solutions for unlike fire emblem which hands out all the info you need) and now that the game has been patched to fast forward enemy turns, nobody goes back to update their scores despite their biggest complaint being fixed. Also so many people hated it for not being majora's mask, I cannot stand hating a game for what it isn't.

Some hate Starfox Adventures for not being an on rails shooter, people hate federation force for not being prime 4, people hate amiibo carnival for not being animal crossing u, it really pisses me off. A game should be judged at face value for what it is, not what it isn't.
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 9th July 2015, 11:06 pm

I think the problem for hiding enemy information is that it's a strategy RPG shooter (or at least looks like one). Generally, in strategy games, you need information on enemies to formulate your plan. Coming up with a plan on the fly is fine, but it kind of betrays the genre.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 9th July 2015, 11:15 pm

though part of the strategy is in getting the information, each map essentially drops you in with bare bones information and turns whatever information you can get into a resource to use. It introduces a lot more strategy in that way as you have to decide whether you want to charge in or not, stay together or risk splitting up, go for higher ground and get more info or more towards the objective but risk ambushes, it also provides a purpose for the different classes of fighters, giving you a reason to have a scout on you, someone who uses little steam when fighting but recovers tons each turn so you can launch recon, the mid tiers to provide support and the heavies to be the tanks and take damage.

It even does a great job of adding to the tense atmosphere where you really do begin to feel like the characters, overwhelmed by an unknown threat and having to pick up on things as you go, improvise and balance aggression with defense

in other news, dreadnoughts are horrible
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 10th July 2015, 1:01 am

*does good in game*

*accidentally refreshes emulator*

y u so negative?
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess 10th July 2015, 1:14 am

Jesus. I remember those days...I'm sorry, Lief.
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 10th July 2015, 10:13 pm

Gotta do a lot of watering tomorrow and so that means an early start to my morning. No rest for the wicked.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess 10th July 2015, 10:32 pm

Working for the city of LA requires so much paperwork....I've had to sign so many papers that total up to an inch to two inches in thickness.
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 11th July 2015, 9:27 am

You wouldn't think that picking someone up from camp would be as bad as going to it. 

You'd be wrong.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 11th July 2015, 11:57 am

Depends. I'd rather deal with the chaos caused by parents trying to get to their kids than dealing with a bunch of the bad apples, or the camps for the little kids. One of my best friends is an instructor for such a camp and it's a fucking nightmare every day for him.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 11th July 2015, 12:41 pm

When your mom lovvvvves talking to people and she went to the camp herself, and you don't, and it's hot, and there's a lot of awards ceremony shit going on that you have to stay for, and it's hot...
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12th July 2015, 4:50 pm

I wish it was winter again... I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v4] - Page 57 Hot2-onion-head-emoticon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 57 of 67 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 62 ... 67  Next