Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v4]

+7
TheCapsFan
Lief Katano
Nopon
returnofmastercrazyhand
Caprizant
Meyneth
Kaede Akamatsu
11 posters

Page 26 of 67 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Go down

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v4] - Page 26 Empty Re: I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v4]

Post by Guest 22nd April 2015, 12:05 am

Damn tablet died on me in the middle of my post.... I'll try to sum it up as best as I can:

Princess of Lumas wrote:
jokool wrote:
Princess of Lumas wrote:
jokool wrote:...I really wish hat I was either more mature, 17 still, or did things differently when I was younger so I'd be more prepared for adulthood...

As I am 17, do you mine  sharing what you'd do differently? No pressure.

Well, one of the things I'd do differently is try to be more social and interact with more people irl, especially ones who were my age. I think one of the problems I have now is that I don't really know how to act around people and I tent to be goofy and immature when I do or say anything. That, or I'm a nervous wreck...

But, I think one of the reasons why I never really interacted with people is because I've been at home most of my life (I was homeschooled after all), and the only times I really got to see people was at church occasionally, or when we went to the store. I doubt any of you guys had/have this problem.

I meant to type this out later on a computer but all I have is my Ipod now. So here goes.

Jokool, I was homeschooled my entire life until high school, no less in a strict, conservative family. I know exactly what you mean, I often talk about sexual topics or humor in group settings. There are other personal issues of mine that contribute to that characteristic of mine, but I'm pretty sure I have an idea of what you're talking about. At my school, I only have one friend and I'm content with that despite the fact I am viewed very low by the rest of my student body. In hindsight, I think homeschooling actually shelters you from a lot of shit that people shouldn't need to experience at such a turbulent time of their life and I learned far more content wise when I  homeschooled anyway.

But I want to help you...I act dratically different online, in public,  at school, basically every location I go to, you'd see a different version of me. Do you do the same thing?

What has helped me is not assuming the worst. I like to think of every possibility that could occur from what Im saying or doing and that often hurts me. Trying to stay "in true moment" often aids me as well. While it is true people's perception of you is important to a degree, I'd suggest thinking along the lines of that if a person doesn't like/appreciate you, you probably wouldn't have a good friendship with them anyway. Friendship/good relationships of any form are also not about agreeing 100% with a person because you're inevitably going to have your differences with people and the key is to figure out how to compromise and coexist with those differences. Also, many people are probably just as nervous when they meet someone new and are also probably self conscious about how they appear too. So when you talk to someone and feel nervous, it's likely they're experiencing what you are, even f they don't show it.

I don't even feel like I helped but maybe you'll feel the tiniest bit better knowing that someone else has had a similar experience to you at least. Good luck my friend

You got the idea, and I can agree about the sheltering and extra content you get from homeschooling.  True, sometimes I like to think that if I went to public school, I would have more friends and stuff, but reality hits me and I realize that I'd probably be bullied and wouldn't have many friends. I'd also lose all the time I spent with my family and all the extra knowledge I got from them helping me out with problems I got stuck on. My grandma is the best teacher! Super Grin

Yep, I act different in different places though, my goffy online persona does tend to slip out here and there...

I have done that a lot... I have a fairly wild imagination and usually the worst possible situation pops in my head... But that is very good advice! I'll definitely remember that.

You've helped out a lot! And it does make me feel better knowing that I'm not alone out there. Thank you, and good luck to you as well!

Also, I can't remember if I said this yet, but it's good to see you around here again.

Back to top Go down

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v4] - Page 26 Empty Re: I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v4]

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 22nd April 2015, 12:04 pm

I'm 17 going on 18, BTW.
also, welcome back luma! you won't remember me, as I was nothing on the original pit stop and I was only a somebody here after you left last.
but yeah, I was an active user for 2 years.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 22nd April 2015, 8:22 pm

Princess of Lumas wrote:I dislike it when I am waiting for someone to pick me up and prior to them picking me up I say to them, "If I don't say otherwise, pick me up at 3:00 PM". I proceed to wait only to learn they thought I would let them know when I wanted to be picked up.

Attempting to communicate with humans is annoying. Anger  
But the irony is, I'm unfortunately one of them Why.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BoomerangBigot
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 22nd April 2015, 9:12 pm

Note to self, I need more than 6 hours of sleep.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess 22nd April 2015, 10:46 pm

zero 2 wrote:I'm 17 going on 18, BTW.
also, welcome back luma! you won't remember me, as I was nothing on the original pit stop and I was only a somebody here after you left last.
but yeah, I was an active user for 2 years.

I remember you Thumb Up w/ Blood I'm still impressed with anyone who stayed on Bulba or TPPS for that long Celebration

I hate it that my Precalculus class is basically Algebra II except with a shittier teacher. :fuckyou:
Princess
Princess

Myers-Briggs Type : INTJ-A

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 23rd April 2015, 7:46 pm

fucking ads, I keep getting one that leads to a BS "message from our sponsers" page that I know if I "skip" the page, it will give me a virus or malware from a different page.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess 23rd April 2015, 8:13 pm

My internet keeps on seemingly to connect and disconnect at random.
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 23rd April 2015, 8:29 pm

my wii u doesn't detect my hard drive anymore so I can't play any of my games that were on it Bawling
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd April 2015, 8:54 pm

That's a thing that can happen!? O_O

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 23rd April 2015, 8:56 pm

I've heard of electronics doing some really stupid and unexpected stuff. Even in an automotive application, sometimes the only thing you can do is replace the computer and pray it works afterwords. It's one of the reasons I hate super-luxury cars like Mercedes-Benz and BMW, which typically have the most complicated electronics.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd April 2015, 10:01 pm

Jeez... I done mind having an ad thrown at me now and then, but do you really need to show me the same fucking ad about some stupid space show every five minutes YouTube?

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 23rd April 2015, 10:17 pm

Try Hulu Plus on a 3DS where you can get the same ad over and over, without actually getting to see your program, until the app crashes. I think the app overall is glitchier than YouTube....
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess 24th April 2015, 1:28 am

I strongly dislike having to stay up when I'd like to be asleep in Dreamland with Kirby.
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24th April 2015, 11:26 am

Apparently its not just Suprewmasy.... My tablet is running out of memrotu again and screwing wit me........

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 24th April 2015, 5:17 pm

Try deleting browsing history.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 67 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 46 ... 67  Next