Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Make a Game

+5
Caprizant
Truthseeker4449
returnofmastercrazyhand
Greece
Lief Katano
9 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Make a Game - Page 17 Empty Re: How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Make a Game

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 12th March 2015, 3:21 pm

Burnin' Bunnies wrote: I have other projects I'm trying to do, and this isn't my top priority art-wise right now (I have to do an art tradeI have other stuff on my art agenda and I have this big personal project I've been working on before we started this). I have kept it in mind since you posted, though,
:I
Thanks for the reminder, though. I'll add it to the list.

Also, I've never tried pixel art before, really, and I certainly have never done sprites, so yeah...Doesn't mean I'm not up to the challenge, but it will take time (when I do start working on it. :/ )
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

: In your gaze where I'm seen. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Make a Game - Page 17 Empty Re: How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Make a Game

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 17th March 2015, 8:44 pm

hey guys, I found a way to include sidequests into the game! each one is done by a by a pit stop regular from one point or another and each one has two rewards, one is a weapon/armor that only 1 character can use, or that a duo of the game can use, or everyone can use in meow wow's case. the other is a fragment of a crystal which each indivuial one does a short cutscene about the character that gave it to you and their reason for being in the game, but when all fragments are collected and the full crystal is made, you have to beat the game with the full crystal in your current party's posession to reveal a sequel hook after the credits that shows much surviving the final battle, and ending up in a dimension other than L somehow. he then sees a shadowy figure that will be the bigger bad (but it isn't Dýrið) in the next game if we ever make a sequel.
I will post the sidequests bit by bit once I think them up.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 17th March 2015, 9:23 pm

sidequest list:
and that's it for now! any suggestions?
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 18th March 2015, 11:07 am

Pretty nice ideas. The "exclusive to one character" deal for the weapons would be kind of redundant, considering that every weapon type is exclusive to one character (the exception is the katana-type weapon, which both TS and jokool use), though that doesn't really hurt the idea of having sidequest-exclusive equips.

There's some problems, mechanic-wise, to some of your upgrades:
* Lux doesn't drain emotions battle-wise. Perhaps the upgrade could be a skill that drains MP from his enemies, so he doesn't have to sleep to regain MP? (That is how he regens MP - he falls asleep in battle.) (I was thinking of giving him stat-stealing skills, but then he'd just be a semi-carbon copy of romch.)
* There isn't a limited inventory. There probably is a script out there to limit the inventory and/or to be able to expand it, but a far simpler (...not really but we won't have to give credit) would be giving romch upgraded Steal skills (i.e. he steals two items/50% (as opposed to 25%) of a stat at once).
* I just don't know what you mean by magic upgrade :U Do you mean giving a bonus to TS's magic attack? What I think would be better - this is my opinion, you can say that giving TS something else would be better - would be to enhance TS's HP regen/give him some MP regen or maybe improve his resistances a smidge. That's all me, though, and I know for a fact that we can upgrade TS's magic attack as opposed to everything else.

Seriously, though, this is pretty good. Literally my only concern would be Neko's crystal, but that's just because I don't know how Cap and Neko would feel about it. There's also some mechanics that might be a bit hard to implement (my main concern is the crystals), but I'm pretty sure that we can find a way to make it work. Somehow.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 18th March 2015, 11:29 am

Just saying my Shiki (aka the form I actually fight with) is unique and also not a katana :I It's a longsword with chain coming off the hilt to a fingerless glove on my right hand that allows me to throw my sword and then pull it back to me.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 18th March 2015, 12:09 pm

As far as I'm concerned for game purposes you've never brought that up and didn't object to using a katana (which is mentioned in the first post).
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 18th March 2015, 12:12 pm

This thing has been going on so long that I've forgotten the software limitations we have to work with.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 18th March 2015, 12:33 pm

We could incorporate it, but we couldn't incorporate any mechanics that would make it actually notably different from a katana, unless we made it a little more accurate or more hits or whatever. The only notable difference would be that jokool can't equip it. (Also we'd have to come up with more stats and those are a pain.)
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 18th March 2015, 3:51 pm

cardboard box wrote:thesnazzmaster: she followed her sister and her sister's friend

This is the only things I have a question on because earlier we said me and Bunnies we're sisters, though I may have totally missed a change or something

just proving to my self that I'm not crazy:
Greece
Greece

: See A Man About A Dog :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 18th March 2015, 4:29 pm

okay then lets change it to a more accurate detail.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 18th March 2015, 4:41 pm

Now by that statement I'm not sure if you mean to change the 'Greece-Bunnies' sister or 'Bunnies-snazz' relationship, though to be honest I don't really care which one gets changed. It would depend on if we want to change the chemistry links we made earlier or not.
Greece
Greece

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 18th March 2015, 4:51 pm

suddenly I want everyone to somehow be Greece's sister
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 18th March 2015, 4:53 pm

I have no idea how that would work.

But now part of me also kind of wants that to happen XD
Greece
Greece

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 18th March 2015, 5:13 pm

I want greece and bunny to be friends with snazz being bunny's sister. that is the change I'm suggesting.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 18th March 2015, 5:22 pm

If everyone else is fine with it than I have no objections, we'll just have to change the chemistry name. Though I guess you only really need to make sure Bunnies and snazz are fine with it.

And all I remember of Joltiks' back story is that she want's to be a PC, is a super boss to prove that point and according to Lux's script I know her, so I can I request being her sister, unless there's something I'm forgetting

Lux wrote:
Bunny: Whatever you say... Hey, why does it say 'Secret base'?

Greece: Dangit Meowow must've done it! I should smack her for this!

And can I also suggest changing it to 'Not so secret base' because of the shenanigans :V
Greece
Greece

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next