Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Make a Game

+5
Caprizant
Truthseeker4449
returnofmastercrazyhand
Greece
Lief Katano
9 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Make a Game - Page 5 Empty Re: How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Make a Game

Post by Lief Katano 24th August 2014, 10:12 pm

Got any suggestions, then?

Assuming we're using RPG Maker, which Lux mentioned and no one said no:

The basic formula for damage is a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2, where a.atk is the attacker's relevant stat and b.def is the defender's relevant defense. The quick formula for RPG Maker VX assigns this value to 100 for whatever type of attack it is, and changing this value for the quick formula makes the damage whatever percent it is, up to 1000%. (A value of 1000 would be a.atk * 40 - b.def * 20, for example, while 500 would be a.atk * 20 - b.def * 10.)

^I got it.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Make a Game - Page 5 Empty Re: How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Make a Game

Post by Truthseeker4449 24th August 2014, 10:22 pm

Greekish versions of the literal translations. Kidō can be translated as Demon Arts and Hadō turns into Way of Destruction. I would translate this into Greek, but I'm not entirely sure how you did it. Personally I prefer Demon Arts and have no issue with leaving it in English.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24th August 2014, 10:23 pm

Isn't RPG maker 2003 free?

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 24th August 2014, 10:25 pm

*takes another look at the product list*

Ah, there is a free version, but it's called RPG Maker VX Ace Lite. Notably it says you don't need any programming experience to use, which kinda makes me useless.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 24th August 2014, 10:31 pm

Or we could use RPG Maker VX Ace Full, which I have.
Truthseeker4449 wrote:Greekish versions of the literal translations. Kidō can be translated as Demon Arts and Hadō turns into Way of Destruction. I would translate this into Greek, but I'm not entirely sure how you did it. Personally I prefer Demon Arts and have no issue with leaving it in English.
Demon Arts translates directly into Greek as... Demon Arts. So Demon Arts it is, then.

I originally had it as Soul Arts. Also your class is Soul Captain but I think that should be fine.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 24th August 2014, 11:26 pm

So what story idea are we going with so that I can come up with a basic outline :T
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 25th August 2014, 11:13 am

Since I haven't gotten my answer yet, how about I simply come up with some story like thingies for your characters :D

if you like it, tell me, if not, give a suggestion, also I can't do Charles' one until I know what his fighting thingy will be cause reasons

Spoiler:
Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 25th August 2014, 11:15 am

ok... those character backgrounds were interesting
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 25th August 2014, 12:33 pm

Lux wrote:
Since I haven't gotten my answer yet, how about I simply come up with some story like thingies for your characters :D

if you like it, tell me, if not, give a suggestion, also I can't do Charles' one until I know what his fighting thingy will be cause reasons

Spoiler:
Once again you have demonstrated that your imagination and creativity are a cut above the rest of us. :flowers:

I like your current version of things for me. And the sister relationship for Greece and Bunny PURE LOVE I am mildly curious where the flying thing came from for jokool and Greece.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 25th August 2014, 3:59 pm

jokool did fly a few times, I think.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 25th August 2014, 5:12 pm

Truthseeker4449 wrote:
Lux wrote:

Spoiler:
Once again you have demonstrated that your imagination and creativity are a cut above the rest of us. :flowers:

I like your current version of things for me. And the sister relationship for Greece and Bunny  PURE LOVE  I am mildly curious where the flying thing came from for jokool and Greece.

I agree with truth I like mine too, and I kind of like the sister thing too! Thought I'm also wondering about the flying thing too, not that I'm against it, I like it, I just don't know where you got the idea from.

EDIT: after redreading truth's did anyone else think of rumpelstiltskin from once upon a time?
Greece
Greece

: See A Man About A Dog :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 25th August 2014, 6:32 pm

Got Joey flight from the mooc reboot and his crash, Greece flew cause she won the coin flip :p
Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 25th August 2014, 6:40 pm

*reads what mess we created in there*
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 25th August 2014, 9:16 pm

I've decided ts sold himself to the space devil simply for this exchange to exist:

"It's the devil!"
"I'm worse, I'm the space devil!"
"So? How's that worse?"
"I'M IN SPACE!!!"
Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 25th August 2014, 9:20 pm

.-.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next