Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Make a Game

+5
Caprizant
Truthseeker4449
returnofmastercrazyhand
Greece
Lief Katano
9 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Make a Game - Page 16 Empty Re: How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Make a Game

Post by Kaede Akamatsu 28th November 2014, 7:12 pm

Just for the record, my husband is totally Walter C. Dornez from Operation: Morbos or whatever it was called. :I
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu

: Piano Freak :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Make a Game - Page 16 Empty Re: How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Make a Game

Post by Lief Katano 28th November 2014, 7:19 pm

I was going to suggest either that or Alucard but I couldn't find a way to make it fit well in one post and then I sort of forgot about it
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 28th November 2014, 7:41 pm

Lewis wrote:Just for the record, my husband is totally Walter C. Dornez from Operation: Morbos or whatever it was called. :I

noted, also name for your daughter?
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaede Akamatsu 28th November 2014, 7:50 pm

Charlotte.
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu

: Piano Freak :

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 2nd December 2014, 8:02 pm

I don't think it was ever noted here, but Joltik was thinking that her super boss would be Human on the over world but the battle would have her as a dragon, because of the summoning shenanigans in RR.
Greece
Greece

: See A Man About A Dog :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 2nd December 2014, 9:51 pm

That seems cool. I like it because I don't have to change the battle sprite now but I probably will have to anyways if we don't want to have palette swaps
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 4th February 2015, 9:05 am

we have been procrastinating long enough, bunny, we need art, lux, we need a script.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 8th February 2015, 12:09 pm

anyone?
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 8th February 2015, 3:53 pm

Sorry, been really busy with classes and stuff
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 9th February 2015, 2:46 pm

Same here. I have other projects I'm trying to do, and this isn't my top priority art-wise right now (I have to do an art trade and I have this big personal project I've been working on before we started this). I have kept it in mind since you posted, though, and I have a few questions.

1) To keep this simple, are we just doing pixel-sprites?
2) Do we want "official" art of all the characters (I'd probably do it anyway.)?
3) What kind of sprite do we want? Early FF, Pokemon-like, FE, handheld Zelda??
4) Do we want/are we able to have little faces appear next to text like in FE/Mystery Dungeon?
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

: In your gaze where I'm seen. :

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 10th February 2015, 8:47 am

1. most likely.
2. yes
3. probably pokemon gen I/II or Final Fantasy 1-VI
4. hell yes!
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 10th February 2015, 8:59 am

Since I have experience with RPG Maker VX Ace, I can safely say that Final Fantasy VI-type sprites (i.e. those with realistic proportions and actual height) most likely aren't going to be in unless we start messing with the engine and I'm not too comfortable with engine-messing shenanigans. Tile-based sprites like from Final Fantasy I-V and Generation I-III of Pokemon are what we're probably going to have to use.

Again drawing with what RPG Maker has by default and not wanting to deal with engine shenanigans, portraits appear in the text boxes and thus reduce the amount of text that can be shown in one box. That's not a total killer for the idea, of course, but it's something to keep in mind.

Pixel-sprites are...the only sprites in existence. Using polygons or whatnot makes it a model, no? But yeah, it's how we're going to do this. I don't think RPG Maker VX Ace's engine can handle models.

And "official" art would be good, if only to keep an air of officiality. For a fangame.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 11th March 2015, 9:43 pm

bunny, lux, I'm sick of waiting to continue this.
I NEED ART AND SCRIPT!
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 11th March 2015, 9:46 pm

First off, don't act like a drama queen. It's not going to get anything done. Trying to do something will.

Second, don't say "I". That would imply you're the one who needs the assets. Strictly speaking, we could just bullshit something up and be done with it. But if we aren't, then you're not the one working with the assets and wouldn't be the one who needed the things done. I am.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 11th March 2015, 9:47 pm

Lief Katano wrote:First off, don't act like a drama queen. It's not going to get anything done. Trying to do something will.

Second, don't say "I". That would imply you're the one who needs the assets. Strictly speaking, we could just bullshit something up and be done with it. But if we aren't, then you're not the one working with the assets and wouldn't be the one who needed the things done. I am.
well done lief, well done.
and I probably should've thought that post through, yes I know.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next