Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Play Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors!

4 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Let's Play Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let's Play Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors!

Post by Lief Katano 7th August 2014, 3:02 pm

Theory: Seven is Zero.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Let's Play Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let's Play Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors!

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 7th August 2014, 3:07 pm

WRONG!
the true zero:
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 7th August 2014, 3:12 pm

You had to ruin my theory.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 7th August 2014, 5:26 pm

I suggest that you avoid doing this in the future, Romch.

The Guy Whose Name I Cannot Remember wrote:Yeah, it's probably about 900 feet long.
Actually around 882.5 feet. Depends on where you measure.

The Guy Again wrote:Course, it doesn't really look like a cruise ship.
Everything in here is really retro. Even if it's some sorta style choice, there's just too much.
And the reason it doesn't look like a cruise ship is because it's an Ocean Liner. Before planes got efficient at crossing the oceans, they were the only way to travel long distances.

A replica of the Titanic?
The actual Titanic?
Hmm.... Either building a replica or somehow piecing back together the original is highly expensive. The movie Titanic ended up being more expensive than the original liner and they only built starboard side of the ship  cut down the size of the lifeboats and funnels by 10%, left out parts of the superstructure and bow, and omitted the interior furnishings and decks.

However, if this guy was smart enough to make a time machine... then with heavy modification work I see feasibility, but only just.

*just remembered something*

There have been proposals to build a new Titanic. In fact, there's one right now for the Blue Star Line company. It's not a perfect replica and is supposed to be outfitted with modern equipment and the design otherwise modified for fuel-efficency and modern regulations. Quite a bit of modification in fact. Side by side, the two ships would be similar, but differences would be evident. Right now it's a whole lot of talk over whose has the money to build the damn thing. There's blueprints, but no money to fund construction.

So I think this a replica and I think about it more, I think this could easily be on a set and gradually tilted with hydraulics. Expensive yes, but when the wealthy have money to spend, they spend it.

But all they've gotta do is break even, you know?
I honestly did not scroll far down enough to see this conversation between the two  Sorry 
But on a more serious note, they don't have to be making a monetary profit... The entertainment value for a sadistic person would probably greatly outweigh the expense.

A curse sank the Titanic.
The curse of the Egyptian mummy.
Not the first time I've heard this theory, but this is the first time I've heard the mummy identified by name.

According to Wikipedia, the mummy was supposedly attached to the underside of a car to avoid troubles with bringing it on board. Titanic did carry several cars with her on her voyage, but this is the first time I've ever heard of this particular aspect of the story. The rest of the story is questionable as the British Museum's records indicate that they never recieved the mummy as the legend claims, only the lid of the sarcophagus. This kinda makes the rest of the story about a journalist purchasing the mummy and transporting it to America fall apart.

*scrolls down past this part to discover more*

I need to read these updates all the way through Annoyed

Never have heard of these details and I am doubtful of this version of the story, but it is thought provoking.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th August 2014, 8:57 pm

returnofmastercrazyhand wrote:WRONG!
the true zero:

Just going to say that I haven't played the second game yet, and I don't know everything about it (like who the main protagonist is (thought I do know who some of the characters are)) because I don't want to be spoiled about it (though I already have in some parts thanks to the wiki...), but this sounds wrong to me.

Truthseeker4449 wrote:I need to read these updates all the way through Annoyed
Yes you should. :I

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 7th August 2014, 9:05 pm

not what the wikipedia page for the sequel says jokool.
seriously, if it's out there on a sequel, then why can't I blast a hole through a theory that's been proven?
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 7th August 2014, 9:07 pm

plus, no one cared about spoilers back in the 80s and 90s, so why should we care about them now?
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 7th August 2014, 9:13 pm

Um, because that could give away plot details for this game? It's fine in a dedicated thread for discussing the game, but it's not very acceptable in a Let's Play thread.

Next time you want to challenge a theory in that manner, I recommend you use OBJECTION! and then spoil your disagreement and your supporting details.

As for the spoilers thing, society changes over time. I think part of it is that spoilers were harder to find or come by where as now with social media everywhere, it's easy to have a game ruined for you. It's not nearly exciting to follow something if you already know critical details, is it? I hope you can respect that view.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 7th August 2014, 9:20 pm

I can sort of agree with that, except spoilers were easy to come byword of mouth in the 80's and 90's and were almost as commonplace then as they are now. according to everyone I met who was alive and "hip" in the 80's and 90's, like my brother
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 7th August 2014, 9:26 pm

I personally can't stand for any spoilers bigger than the basic premise of the story, so yeah, it's best to just respect people's view by toning it down a bit.

Perhaps we should have a more stern "no-spoilers-in-LP-threads" rule than with other threads.
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

: Fresh Start! :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 7th August 2014, 9:29 pm

I was just thinking the exact same thing myself.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th August 2014, 9:31 pm

returnofmastercrazyhand wrote:not what the wikipedia page for the sequel says jokool.

Okay, I finally broke down and read the plot, and I can tell you that the Zero mentioned on the page is a different Zero from this game. That's all I'll say.

I hate even saying that much, but I feel I must to clear this up.

Now, I kindly request that everyone please refrain from posting spoilers about this game (or the sequel), even under spoiler tags.

Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 7th August 2014, 9:34 pm

okay sorry, I will refrain next time,
okay, so maybe I was misreading the plot? or was wikipedia being vandalized the day I read it? who knows, but what I read then, seems different then the same page that I'm reading now.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24th August 2014, 3:44 pm

part 11:

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 24th August 2014, 5:11 pm

Creak of Stressed Metal? Hmm... Makes me wonder if the only the flooding has been slowed down, meaning Titanic's hull takes the strain over a much longer period of time. This could easily result in Titanic's hull failing before the deadline.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next