Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Play Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors!

4 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Let's Play Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors! Empty Let's Play Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors!

Post by Guest 15th May 2014, 10:21 am

“intro (not my video BTW)”:

What’s up everyone? jokool here! Welcome to my LP of Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors!

If you’re wondering what this game is:

Wikipedia wrote:999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors  is a graphic adventure game/visual novel developed by Chunsoft for Nintendo DS. It was first released in Japan on December 10, 2009, and then in North America in 2010. It was later ported to iOS in 2013. Directed by Kotaro Uchikoshi, it is the predecessor to the 2012 game Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.

The story follows Junpei who is abducted and placed aboard an empty, sinking cruise liner along with eight other individuals. They are forced to participate in the "Nonary Game", which involves exploring the ship and solving escape-the-room puzzles. The game follows a branching plot line that concludes in one of six different endings based on the decisions made by the player character.

999 was critically acclaimed, with many critics praising the game's plot.

I said earlier in the Let's Post section that I don't think I'll be able to do this since it is going to be very time consuming, but I really do want to do this LP (also, seeing the sig Cap made for me really helped motivate me to try anyway), so I'll update when I can. I’ll try to update this LP every day or so, but don't be surprised if you don't see an update for a while, so I apologize in advance if/when I do get behind with my updates… Annoyed

Some info about this LP: I’ll be mainly doing screenshots of certain events, with maybe a few videos of brief cut scenes if my computer can handle them.
This game is a visual novel, so it’s going to have a ton of text to go with it. Game text will be done normally, character text will go in “quote” boxes, while my comments will be in italics.
There are times where I'll have to find my way out of a room and solve puzzles to continue, so I'll be posting shots of the situation while explaining what's going on. Most of the time, I'll only post how to escape and solutions to the puzzles, but I will post extra moments if they are key to the story or are really funny. If I have enough time, I'll also try to use MSPaint to highlight key areas in certain screenshots during the game play.
There are also times where key choices will have to be made, and I debated whether or not to let you guys make the choices, and I’m still open to this route if you guys are up for it, but if not, then I’ll choose the decisions that will lead to the true ending. Other choices that don’t impact the ending will be either the best answer for the situation, or just one that leads to a funny moment (and there’s at least one or two that I will be doing this for :P ).
Lastly, I’ll also post links to Youtube videos featuring the soundtrack in the game when they are featured (nope, not stealing this idea from Cap’s To the Moon LP, not at all Innocent).

One more thing: If the method I'm using to do this LP (type out all the text, screenshots of events) is too time consuming, I will most likely try another method, possibly taking screenshots of most of the game text.

I think that about covers everything for this LP. I’ll try to post the first part soon, but for now, I’ll end this here.

I can’t wait to get this started, and I hope you guys enjoy this game as much as I have!

I also hope I can finish this LP.... Annoyed

Anyway, until next time, see ya!

Last edited by jokool on 6th October 2014, 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Let's Play Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors! Empty Re: Let's Play Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors!

Post by Caprizant 15th May 2014, 9:11 pm

It's alright, I may or may not have stolen the "showing the changes in the game's soundtrack as we go along" thing from reading orenronen's Dangan Ronpa LP which I need to continue soon from somewhere in SDR2 :I

I might play along with this, or I might go ahead, I'm not sure. I'm not very far yet. Good luck with the LP, don't feel bad if you don't always have time. OFF took pretty much an entire year to complete cuz I took a couple of seasons... er... off in the middle. :B
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

: Fresh Start! :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Good

Back to top Go down

Let's Play Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors! Empty Re: Let's Play Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors!

Post by Guest 16th May 2014, 4:55 pm

My opinion is that if you are playing it, and haven't seen all the endings yet, do so ASAP, but leave the true ending for the end. Then, either play through it, or just follow along with my LP. But that's up to you in the end.

Anyway, this took a while, but here's the first official part of this LP!

A quick reminder before I begin: This game is rated M for Mature for a reason, so just keep that in mind if you're still around the T for Teen age.

Part 1: What the hell is going on!?:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21st May 2014, 8:37 pm

Sorry about the delay in updates.... Been busy, busy, busy lately.... Annoyed

Anyway, here's part two:

Part 2: Who the hell are these people!?:

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 21st May 2014, 9:42 pm

What the fuck. Why the fuck are you on RMS Titanic!?!
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21st May 2014, 10:08 pm

You'll have to follow along to find out! Extreme Smiling

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 22nd May 2014, 7:01 am

Fine.

*puts on reading glasses*
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd May 2014, 6:14 pm

Part 3:

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 23rd May 2014, 6:28 pm

Oh the choices.... Also please tell me they get actual names.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd May 2014, 6:37 pm

I don't want to say too much since it would spoil the next part or so, but I will say that they don't.

Like I said, I'll try to find images for each character to use instead of quotes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 23rd May 2014, 6:52 pm

Horrified
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29th May 2014, 8:14 pm

Sorry for the delay with this update. Been very busy...again... :P

Part 4:

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 29th May 2014, 8:33 pm

Knew it.

*begins to wonder if the repetition of 9 is based on Titanic as well*
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 29th May 2014, 8:43 pm

I thought the pink haired girl was a dude at first I swear to whatever.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 29th May 2014, 8:56 pm

the images are broken for me.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next