Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nintendo Direct - 11/12/15

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Nintendo Direct - 11/12/15 Empty Nintendo Direct - 11/12/15

Man, it's been a long time since one of these, hasn't it? Five months, in fact. Minus four days, I guess, if you want to be specific. Either way, I'm Lief Katano, and I'm bringing the contents of today's Nintendo Direct directly to you!

I currently have my Direct Blog set-up open - the Direct window open on the right, everything else on the left. It's currently 5 minutes until launch. The people in the twitter window tend to be insane. Actually, would it be better if I put one on top, then on bottom? Answer: no. Seriously, I saw at least one desire for Melee HD. It's weird.

Three minutes to kill. One of my comrades on Miiverse said it will be 45 minutes. So 45 minutes of sweet, delicious information. Make of that what you will. Or not, I guess, because by the time you'll see this the Direct will be over.

Oh! Also there's going to be a minute thing after the Direct. And a confirmed Pokémon announcement. yee

One minute. Are you ready?

Of course you are, you're reading the blog.

This has proven my insanity. Yay?

And here! We! Go!

We're greeted with The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD. Dammit.

I mean, I'm not going to deny I'd like to play Twilight Princess. But we've had four Zelda remakes already this gen, compared to the two original games! And one of them was heavily based on A Link To The Past!

Wolf Link amiibo confirmed. Also compatible with all Zelda amiibo from Smash. Wolf Link is packed with the game, and it's available March 4. Preorder and get a soundtrack!

Oh?! Zelda U info?! ...Just that it's coming 2016? Dammit.

Wolf Link amiibo data can carry into Zelda U.

Yay, Bill!

There's going to be a free update with a Den of Trials for Tri Force Heroes. A ton of stages are in it, holy crap!

Also there's Linebeck's uniform - allowing treasure peeping, and FIERCE DEITY LINK with attack power+ and sword beam in all directions.

POKEMON SUPER MYSTERY DUNGEOOOOOOOOOON Releasing November 20th. Pokémon still being turned into stone, all 720 Pokémon are still in.

Connection Orb is the network thingy. Job board, basically. Also combo attacks! And a theme. Bill's a ham and I love it.

More Splatoon! A new stage (Museum d'Alfonsino and Mahi-Mahi Resort) and a Bowser Jr. bandanna headgear, at least, along with many new weapons and other gear. Museum has rotating platforms, Mahi has changing water levels. Also? This update comes today! At 5:00 PM PT. There's going to be a lot of new updates, until at least January. Get hyped, Inklings! There's going to be an Official Treehouse Splatoon Tournament, where the Treehouse members beat each other up.

Super Mario Maker! They're releasing a course search function on a website in December, which is as convenient as it sounds: very.

Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival! A month of shenanigans happens on a game board, where each turn is one day. Get the most happy points to win! amiibo figures give the standard board game, while cards use a more survival-based game thing.

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash! There's Jump Shots, where you, uh, jump, and Mega Mushrooms, for all your giantess fantasies. Seriously, though, they advertised it with Rosalina and Peach. There's also amiibo-based play, obviously, though you use an amiibo as a partner.

In twenty-two days, we're getting Xenoblade Chronicles X. Gigantic mechs are a go, obviously. And now I want it. There's also preloading option if you get the physical purchase, which help loads the game faster. They're innately in the game.

Nintendo Badge Arcade! You can get badges to decorate your Home Menu. It's theoretically "free-to-play", though it can stay free because you can get tries by training.

Pokemon Picross! It's Pokemon. It's Picross. It's like Pokemon Shuffle, with abilities and what not, but applied to Picross rather than match-three. It's even still free to play!

SteamWorld Heist. You're a steam robot. You do heists. Please let me rest for a bit, my arm's hurting.

FAST Racing Neo. Really fast racing. Up to eight guys online.

Typoman. Platformer that uses words to change the world.

Yo-Kai Watch. Bill wants donuts, and stuffs them all in his face due to a Yo-Kai. They were for a meeting, and Reggie gets pissed at Bill. Thanks, Hungramps.

Reggie does a pitch for the Wii U. There's a new Wii U bundle, with Smash U and Splatoon. Also 3DS XL bundles, with 3D World.

Also more amiibos post-holiday, including LUCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

Early 2016 with Bill. Pokken Tournament! Also...Shadow Mewtwo?! Controlled by a blonde chick. Can Mega Evolve. We're boned.

Want to play him? Get an amiibo card of him from the first production run! Though you can at least also unlock him regularly.

New game?! ...Star Fox Zero? Star Fox Zero. The different vehicles are shown off with Peppy (Landmaster), Falco (Arwing), Slippy (Gyrowing), and Fox (Walker). Most notable is the Gravemaster - an...air-based...version of the Landmaster. GamePad screen shows the cockpit view. Launch date is April 22, 2016.

Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam! Paper Mario can use his paperness to do...papery stuff. A new skill system - Battle Cards - are available. Use them for healing, debuffing, etc. I guess they're sort of like Stickers, or the Bros. Items.

Final Fantasy Explorers! Job system, action RPG. You can dress like other Final Fantasy characters, and co-operate with friends. In that case, you have a traditional MMO roles like Tank/DPS/Medic. And we get all of the DLC Japan got. For free. :smug: ...wait, there's still a collector's edition. Available 1/26/15.

Fire Emblem Fates! Seriously, this game's getting a lot of hate, but I want it.

You can start with either Birthright or Conquest, then download the other at half price. Then you can get the Revelation path (to be released at a later date). There's also a $80 version with all three of them, and bonus goodies. February 19 is the release date. We're also getting DLC.

Mega Man Legacy Collection! On the 3DS, there's a ton - a TON - of cool goodies. And challenge modes! Also you can unlock more challenges with the Mega Man or the ~*~new~*~ Gold Mega Man amiibo. Available 2/16.

New Pokémon game - OH HOLY SHIT

RED, BLUE, AND YELLOW ON THE 3DS

But the Link Cable? Gone. We can now use the Wireless Communication features for that instead. We're getting it Feburary...16?

Hyrule Warriors Legends. We get Tetra, Toon Link and THE KING OF HYRULE are in the game innately. Also Linkle, i.e. female Link. Uses dual crossbows, like Zen from Persona Q.

I cannot get over how awful of a name a Linkle game is.

Also it releases on March...16. Dammit.

Bravely Second is Spring 2016.

Wait.

YES.

YES.

DRAGON QUEST VII FOR 3DS (Fragments of the Forgotten Past, IIRC) IS BEING RELEASED IN AMERICA

FUCK YEAH BOY

I

AM

READYYYYY

IT'S RELEASING EARLY SUMMER 2016

OH BABY A DOUBLE

DRAGON QUEST VIII 3DS IS ALSO COMING 2016

THERE IS A GOD

THERE IS A GOOOOOOOOOOD

Also Mighty No. 9 is coming Feb 19, 2016.

Project X Zone 2! Chrom and Lucina and Fiora are joining the fight.

Terarria is coming to the Wii U and 3DS circa 2016.

New trailer?! New...Smash Bros. trailer?! Smash Bros. x... Final Fantasy VII? Wait what.

Wait.

What.

Cloud Strife.

Cloud's storming into battle.

I mean, if the FFVII battle music's accompanying him, I can definitely accept that, but...it's so weird. Like...Why Cloud? He uses his Limits, and has his Advent Children Garb as an alternate costume. There's a Midgard stage, based on the city from FFVII, where summons come in to wreck havoc. His Final Smash is, fittingly, Omnislash, his ultimate Limit Break.

Also a Chocobo costume.

Smash Special Broadcast coming in December.

Nintendo Minute up now. Dunno if there's anything important, but I'm done. This has been Lief Katano, bringing news directly to you!
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Nintendo Direct - 11/12/15 :: Comments

Chibster

Post 12th November 2015, 6:01 pm by Chibster

*Just marked my calendar for FE Fates*

It's about frickin time we get DQ VII and DQ VIII 3DS!

Seeing Cloud as the DLC was surprising. I can't say much because I have yet to play FF7 (or any FF, really) but it's still pretty exciting. I don't know who I was expecting though. xD

Back to top Go down

Greece

Post 12th November 2015, 6:07 pm by Greece

Now i need to preorder for OST

Also d we know if Tetra, Toon Link, the King of Hyrule and Linkle are going to be DLC for Wii U? Because I don't want to buy another game just for those characters.

Back to top Go down

Caprizant

Post 12th November 2015, 6:11 pm by Caprizant

When you said RBY were coming to 3DS my mind jumped to re-remakes :V

I prefer a straight-up port, though. Nostalgic graphics without the nostalgic game-breaking bugs! Party Favor

And THANK GOD FOR THE MARIO MAKER UPDATE FINALLY
It's got tags and style filters and everything Praise feathers!

Back to top Go down

Post 12th November 2015, 6:14 pm by Guest

For a minute, when you mentioned Red, Blue, and Yellow, I thought we were getting remakes... Niagara Falls

But still, that's pretty cool. Might get Yellow maybe.

Back to top Go down

Lief Katano

Post 12th November 2015, 6:22 pm by Lief Katano

Caprizant wrote:I prefer a straight-up port, though. Nostalgic graphics without the nostalgic game-breaking bugs! Party Favor
I think they're keeping the bugs; the only thing they're changing is being able to use Wireless Communication rather than the Game Link Cables.

Back to top Go down

Post 12th November 2015, 6:25 pm by Guest

They'd better keep the bugs. How else am I gonna get Mew?

Back to top Go down

Meyneth

Post 12th November 2015, 6:30 pm by Meyneth

*still holding out for a TWEWY sequel*

Back to top Go down

TheCapsFan

Post 12th November 2015, 6:45 pm by TheCapsFan

I'm incredibly depressed that a new main series Pokemon game has not been announced yet!

In other news, I'm excited about Fates, TP HD, and Paper Jam, that's about it. I'm surprised we didn't see anything regarding SMT x FE, Zelda U, or Federation Force.

Back to top Go down

Meyneth

Post 12th November 2015, 6:55 pm by Meyneth

WE did get like six seconds of Zelda U, and a release year.

Back to top Go down

Lief Katano

Post 12th November 2015, 7:02 pm by Lief Katano

It's going to be released sometime in 2016. Shocking.

SMTxFE is odd, though according to a Cohort On Miiverse they discussed it in the Japanese Direct.

Back to top Go down

Chibster

Post 12th November 2015, 7:14 pm by Chibster

Yep, they did. They pretty much explained that the story starts in Shibuya, Mirages can change classes, you can customize your Mirages, there are going to be music videos for the major songs on December 1st, there's going to be a special edition called "Fortissmo edition", a Wii U bundle of said edition, and it's coming out December 26th.

Back to top Go down

Caprizant

Post 12th November 2015, 7:20 pm by Caprizant

TheCapsFan wrote:I'm incredibly depressed that a new main series Pokemon game has not been announced yet!

I bet they're holding out on us for some big 20th anniversary thing. :V

Back to top Go down

Post 12th November 2015, 7:25 pm by Guest

Just thought of something: Now that RBY are coming to Virtual Console, this means that you can now explore every main region on the 3DS (Sinnoh, Johto, Unova, Kalos, Hoenn, and Kanto (though, I guess you got Kanto along with Johto already)).

Back to top Go down

returnofmastercrazyhand

Post 12th November 2015, 8:31 pm by returnofmastercrazyhand

Lief Katano wrote:It's going to be released sometime in 2016. Shocking.

SMTxFE is odd, though according to a Cohort On Miiverse they discussed it in the Japanese Direct.
they did on the europeon direct too
also the japanese VC got mother 3 Bawling Bawling

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next