Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fate and you! Part 1: Intros and junk

Go down

Fate and you! Part 1: Intros and junk Empty Fate and you! Part 1: Intros and junk

Hello and welcome to Fate Accelerated, part 1!

In this lesson thingy we actually won't accomplish much :V

Basically I'll be explaining what the Fate system is, its advantages, and disadvantages when compared to the d20 method and then something else!

Firstly, the Fate system is a system created so that you could play without having to roll as much. That means that the Fate system uses more words and is more story driven than other systems such as the d20 system which uses dice for most things (one of the reasons Lost Legends moves so slowly). One of the biggest advantages is that you are able to create nearly anything and have a much more flexible and story driven story than with the other systems. The downside is that stats are less strict meaning that at times outcomes are harder to determine meaning that the GM has plenty of decisions to make.

As to why we will be using this sytem, well, because of its flexibility, we can use it to create nearly any universe with little worry about things being unplayable due to things being unbalanced unlike most d20 systems which require tons of work to keep from being an unbalanced mess.

....Well that was about everything I had planned for today....OR WAS IT?!

One of the big things about Fate is the Aspects. Aspects are essentially characteristics or traits that a character has. These essentially establish facts about the character and the world. Aspects are also what determine what our skills are and have effects on the mechanics of the rp but more on that later. A good aspect should be a double-edged sword in the sense that what it implies is both good or bad under different circumstances. An example of a good aspect could be:

"King of Thieves"

What does that aspect say about the character? That they are the leader of the thieves, which is good, or is it bad? Depends on if you want to go unnoticed doesn't it?

Now the aspects we need to come up with aren't for our characters, not yet. Instead we will be coming up with aspects for the land we will be rping in, the land of Hyrule! These aspects apply to all of Hyrule. An aspect is usually a phrase or a word. Normally specific phrases work better as aspects!

So if you want to be a part of the rp, post in the comments an aspect to describe Hyrule and one more thing, do you want our characters to already know each other or meet in the first adventure?
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Fate and you! Part 1: Intros and junk :: Comments

Nopon

Post 16th August 2015, 11:43 pm by Nopon

I am indifferent as to when we meet and the aspect I shall submit is:

"A Great Evil Approaches"

The aspect essentially means that something evil is coming, and things are gonna get bad...

If you don't know what to submit, you can do something about how much magic, tech, animal life, government, legends etc.

Back to top Go down

Burnin' Bunnies

Post 17th August 2015, 12:19 am by Burnin' Bunnies

"Fairly peaceful" with that a great evil approaches thing. That is perfect.

I tend to like when people meet for the first time, with maybe a few who already know each other. But that may because that's how a lot of "Hero's Journey" things work. :U I really depends on where our characters come from in Hyrule. If there are a few from Kakariko Village, chances are they know each other. But if someone is from Zora's Domain and another is from Kokiri Forest, I doubt they even knew the other existed. :U

Back to top Go down

Nopon

Post 17th August 2015, 12:23 am by Nopon

Oh, another thing I forgot to mention! We are going to add more small villages and towns to Hyrule which we will assume were too small/new to be in the games :V

that way we don't just run around the same 2 places the whole time :V

also that aspect works great!

Back to top Go down

Burnin' Bunnies

Post 17th August 2015, 12:43 am by Burnin' Bunnies

Yay!

Yeah, I was hoping there'd be more places added, haha! XD It makes sense when you think about it as well, haha!

Back to top Go down

Lief Katano

Post 17th August 2015, 8:46 am by Lief Katano

another reason why Lost Legends is so slow is that our GM can't get it together

Back to top Go down

Nopon

Post 17th August 2015, 11:15 am by Nopon

yeah, he's such a slacker, I bet he's probably setting up other games rather than posting!

Forgot to mention, if you can't come up with aspects, most tvtropes actually work as aspects

Back to top Go down

Greece

Post 17th August 2015, 11:32 am by Greece

I also want to play

not that I have an aspect ready but whatever

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down