Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fate and you! Part 2!

Go down

Fate and you! Part 2! Empty Fate and you! Part 2!

Last time we talked about aspects, and this time we talk even more about them! Now pay close attention as we will be creating our characters as we go along!

As we mentioned last time, aspects are the traits a character or location has. They are usually said as a phrase and can have both positive, and negative, connotations. There are four main types of aspects: Character, Situation, Consequence, and Boost.

Boost aspects last the least amount of time, sometimes instants, and represents advantages which occur for a moment or two. Some examples of boost aspects could be, "Distracted!" "Locked on!" "Unstable Footing!". Each of these would last only as long as the situation causing them exists. They also go away after one use. How do you use them? More on that later. The main thing to remember with Boosts is that they give someone an advantage for a short amount of time!

example wrote: After Link threw the deku nut, Queen Gohma became stunned!

Consequence aspects are injuries that you take, which go away slowly over a period of time depending on how severe they are. You suffer consequences in battle, but I'll explain more on battles later as well. Consequences can be either physical or mental, but the key point to remember is that they will make life harder for you character.

examples wrote:After falling down the pit, Link saw he had a sprained ankle.

Having lost once more, Link began to develop a lack of self worth

Situation aspects describe what's going on. They last as long as the situation they are describing exists. They tend to apply to a location or a time, but can also be used on characters. Some examples could be "On fire" "On the Ground" "Bright Lights". The main difference between Boosts and Situations is that Boosts go away on their own, situations require the characters take action to remove them.

Before moving onto character aspects I'd like to mention one of three things aspects do. One thing they do is establish fact. That means that if an aspect exists, then a fact about it exists.

example wrote:Aspect applying to a room is on fire. This establishes the fact that the room is on fire. Nobody can deny that.

Here are some aspects applied to Hyrule!

"A Great Evil Approaches"

"Mostly Peaceful"

"Magical"

If you guys have more you want to add just mention it. What facts have we established for the world? That right now, things are relatively calm and peaceful. The mostly means that there is still some danger to be found though. We also established that magic exists in this land! And finally, that something is coming. And perhaps things are going to get worse...

Now onto character aspects! Unlike most aspects these are usually permanent and will take plenty of effort to change. They are the traits that make up your character. Time for your homework! We are going to create the main three aspects of our characters! Also I've decided we can let the GM play too if he promises not to be unfair :V

So lets begin with the first, and most important aspect! High Concept! This is important for one reason: It sums up who you are. This is one phrase that lets people know what they are getting when you join the group! It should both help, and hurt, you.

example wrote: Link's High Concept would be Hero of Time. That sums up his role, his future, and his desires quite nicely. It helps him as it means he is chosen to do great things, he can wield sacred weapons, and is all around awesome. How does it hurt him? He has to fight. No choice there. His role makes him have to go out and risk his life for everyone else. Also there's the whole losing 7 years of his life thing.

The next thing to come up with is your Trouble. Trouble is your main motivator. Where High Concept is what you are, trouble is why you do what you do. Most troubles tend to be mostly negative, and you should always keep that trouble in mind as it determines what your character wants.

example wrote:Link's trouble would probably be something like, A Hero's Path. Everything he does is based on that. As a hero he must save the day so if there's danger, he tries to stop it.

GM, keep an eye on the troubles as those are what you can use to try to get players to act a certain way, or move the story forwards.

The final aspect will be....a normal character aspect! Not as much stress here, just use a phrase to describe something your character is good at, or some special gear they have, or perhaps a relationship with someone else they have?

You can also add your character's name if you want! Also, don't post your history just yet, keep that hidden :3c
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Fate and you! Part 2! :: Comments

Nopon

Post 18th August 2015, 12:23 am by Nopon

My character is: Dalton

High Concept: "Deceitful Stage Magician Extraordinaire!"- Lets look at it one word at a time huh? Deceitful, yup, Dalton will lie and cheat to get what he wants. Stage, yup he's a performer. Magician? Yup, he has magics. Oh and extraordinaire? A little something to show off his incredible skill! Then again, he is known for deceit...

Trouble: "The Spotlight is Where I Belong!- Dalton constantly wants to be the center of attention...perhaps a little too much...

Aspects:
Rupees speak louder than words- Dalton is greedy. Quite greedy in fact. You have money? You have a magician!

as you can see, feel free to name your aspects whatever you want, but just explain what you mean with it!

Back to top Go down

Burnin' Bunnies

Post 18th August 2015, 12:48 am by Burnin' Bunnies

(Totally not reusing a character here because I've never had the chance to use him)
Aariko Mapwood

High Concept: "Naive Country Boy"-- Aariko is young and innocent, and doesn't really know the going ons of the world. He can be easily deceived, but that won't stop him from seeing everything with rose colored glasses.

Trouble: "I Just Want to Help!" -He tries. He may be a little over enthusiastic, but he tries.

Aspects: Speedy Wimp-- He's not the strongest kid around, but he is very nimble.

Did I do that right? :O
Also, I was totally planning to use Aariko before I met Dalton. I swear to whatever. I see some great interactions in the future...!

Back to top Go down

Nopon

Post 18th August 2015, 7:06 am by Nopon

Yup that's how it's done!

Back to top Go down

returnofmastercrazyhand

Post 18th August 2015, 11:43 pm by returnofmastercrazyhand

Mitigim Shtoky

high concept: "the self-proclaimed next hero of courage" he doesn't have the triforce on his left arm, so he's claims he's going to appease the gods and earn the right to bear it.

trouble: "I strive for heroism" in order to become a reincarnation of the hero, he pretty much helps whoever he can and goes dungeon crawling in hopes it will help him as it did with the hero of time

aspects: acts the way he thinks he should since he doesn't know the hero of time, he acts the way a legendary hero "does" in his mind, but he does it a little bit too much, as those who knew link see Mitigim as in his own fantasy world.

Back to top Go down

silence

Post 19th August 2015, 1:31 pm by silence

Veronika (German spelling ;P) Autenburg

High Concept: "Aggressive Loner" She resorts to violence pretty easily if you say the wrong thing...or if you talk to her...

Trouble: "Don't you dare mock me!" Doesn't like having people make fun of her, or laugh at her, which can be hard sometimes seeing she can be a bit clumsy...

Aspects: "I'll cut you" Really good with daggers and swords, but mostly daggers.

Back to top Go down

Greece

Post 19th August 2015, 4:25 pm by Greece

Gwen

High Concept: ”Persistent Traveling Merchant” - What fun is there in being a merchant if you can’t travel around the Hyrule! That’s Gwen’s logic about it anyways. She’s gotta sell her merchandise; which leads to her being kind of naggy about buying the stuff (and about everything else).

Trouble: ”Practice until you can’t do it wrong” - Gwen wants to become better at many of her skills, such as being a better merchant and practising with her weapon (which I haven’t quite decided yet do we need to pick that out now?)

Aspects: "Enchanting 101" - Gwen can use magic to enchant weapons, items, and other things. She mainly uses this on items she wants to resell, magic items are always easier to sell.

(I feel like I’ve done this wrong y u so negative?)

(And if there's something you don't want us to do ((like being a merchant or being able to enchant)) I can change that)

Last edited by Greece on 19th August 2015, 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Meyneth

Post 19th August 2015, 5:14 pm by Meyneth

Can Greece and my character have a pre RP relationship?  

Pencuri

High Concept:"High End Thief for hire"There is no one that Pencuri Likes to steal from more then the rich, especially the ones that are she thinks are Jerks. She Sees herself as a kind of Robin Hood, The only issue is that she doesn't steal for free, she'll take a cut or you'll have to hire her.

Trouble:"Gotta steal it all" While Pencuri likes getting paid, she also likes to steal for fun. She sees stealing as an art, she hates to know that here is someone better then her, she wants to be the very best thief and will try to steal bigger or better.

Aspect: NEVER GIVE UP Pencuri is not one to stop, if she fails she will simple try again. While she will run away if she thinks she will get caught, she'll come back at the nearest opportunity to try, try, try, again!

Back to top Go down

Nopon

Post 19th August 2015, 11:00 pm by Nopon

so far so good, as for the relationship thing, you'll see in my next post :P

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down