Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nintendo Digital Event 6/16/15

Go down

Nintendo Digital Event 6/16/15 Empty Nintendo Digital Event 6/16/15

Greetings! I'm Lief Katano, and I'm here to bring Nintendo's E3 digital event directly to you!

Star Fox Zero is here! The GamePad is the cockpit - that is, it shows a first person view and is your control device. You can make the Arwing transform! *transformers theme plays* This includes the Walker mode from Star Fox 2, the Landmaster, and a Gyro thing.

It's called Zero because the kanji character looks cool. That is what Miyamoto said.

Reg says that the theme for E3 is "transformation"; it makes sense given all the things they announced. I hope he's better at Mario than Smash Bros.

Skylanders Superchargers! With vehicles. (Magma) Bowser and (Turbocharged) DK are figures for the game. They're both amiibos and Skylanders figures. Obviously, they're Nintendo-exclusive.

It's cool.

Link Mushroom for Super Mario Maker! Maybe, I dunno.

There's a new Zelda game that's Four-Swords esque called Triforce Heroes. You can use different abilities/costumes in it. It appears to still use the Stamina Meter from Link Between Worlds. It's for the 3DS. Also it's actually co-op rather than competitive. There's a "totem mechanic" that lets you carry guys on your back. There's only three characters because of that; four characters would make it too high.

You can grab characters with a boomerang, it seems. Also the new kingdom is ~fashionable~.

Thankfully, there's online multi-player!

Also Hyrule Warriors 3D Legends is officially announced. I *think* all DLC characters are in it already? Tetra and the King from Wind Waker are in it. Nothing about it being *new* 3DS exclusive is confirmed, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised. It's coming first quarter 2016.

Metroid: Federation Force! It's like...the one Prime game for the DS.

Also IGN was surprisingly apt; the Blast Ball game seen yesterday was also seen yesterday.

Mario turns into Marth(?), soooo...Fire Emblem if! Or, as it's now known, Fire Emblem Fates. Which sounds cooler, TBH, if invalidating any punchlines involving Shin Megami Tensei if.

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem time! At least a trailer. Much pop.

It looks kind of Persona-esque. As in, it looks likes they're using Persona-type things. That are based off of Fire Emblem characters. I believe they're called Mirages?

I don't know what they're saying - there's no subtitles - or what's on the screen. But Tiki appears in it. Like, legit Tiki. It's coming 2016. ...I think they're discarding any SMT relations.

Xenoblade Chronicles X trailer! ...I'll be honest, I can't really say anything right now. It's just trailer after trailer at this point. It's coming December 4. (In the US. It already was released in Japan.)

Isabelle Mushroom? I.E. Animal Crossing time. It appears to be a trailer for the amiibo-card-based room decoration game. Official name is "Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer".

Animal Crossing Party game? Yes, it seems like that. As in, Mario Party-esque Animal Crossing game. Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival is its name, and it's for the Wii U.

Yoshi's Woolly World! There's an interview with a woman who worked on it. You can use amiibos to give Yoshi a special pattern. It comes out on October 16, I think?

Level 5 thing! Yo-kai Watch, it's called. It seems like Pokémon, but with Yokai. It's coming Holiday 2015.

New Paper Mario game! Almost. More like a new Mario and Luigi AND Paper Mario game! There's also a Papercraft Mario, which is huge. The official name is "Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam".

New Mario Tennis game with Mega Mushrooms! Meaning Giantess Peach. If you're into that. It's called Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash. Coming Holiday 2015.

More info on Super Mario Maker. It's was inspired by the tool they used. Fun fact: they designed the original game's levels on graph paper. Like an old RPG.

Goombas underwater!

There's a "Costume Mario" that lets you take on the characteristics of an amiibo. I dunno the specifics. Shigs tells about some level design specifics. Also there's a booklet that comes with it.

Reggie tells about the Treehouse event. Also Mario Maker @ Best Buy.

It finished with a little Mario thing. Various people play Mario music. And LetsSuperMario.com, where you share Super Mario videos.

Or that ending was a lie. Miyamoto comes on! Bill translates. They say things about last year's E3, GamePad games, blah.

And it's translating to the Treehouse playing games. You can watch that, but as for me, I'm signing off! (Shigs announcement after it. I dunno.)

Last edited by Lief Katano on 16th June 2015, 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Nintendo Digital Event 6/16/15 :: Comments

Nopon

Post 16th June 2015, 1:07 pm by Nopon

I found the direct was a little meh since I only cared about 2 games, star fox and xenoblade :T

Back to top Go down

Lief Katano

Post 16th June 2015, 1:08 pm by Lief Katano

The general consensus of the internet seems to be that it was meh.

Back to top Go down

Nopon

Post 16th June 2015, 1:15 pm by Nopon

platinum is working on star fox! instaget

Back to top Go down

Post 16th June 2015, 1:47 pm by Guest

Didn't watch it, but saw the tweets from Nintendo. Yeah, seemed pretty meh to me as well...

Back to top Go down

Caprizant

Post 16th June 2015, 4:12 pm by Caprizant

loaf katano wrote:New Paper Mario game! Almost. More like a new Mario and Luigi AND Paper Mario game! There's also a Papercraft Mario, which is huge. The official name is "Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam".
I DIDN'T KNOW I NEEDED THIS IN MY LIFE :o

It looks kinda weird though... it kind of looks like the paper element is actually part of the plot or something, not just a graphic style. Like, at one point there's two Princess Peaches, one regular and one paper, and they seem very confused. And in several screenshots there's two versions of Mario as well. I'm thinking it's more of a Mario & Luigi game with some paper mechanics.

I'm excited though, gotta be better than Sticker Star :I

Back to top Go down

Lief Katano

Post 16th June 2015, 5:22 pm by Lief Katano

It would appear that it's a mechanic. It would still be a crossover, given that it's taking things from both series and putting them in one game.

The Paper elements being important stretches back to Sticker Star, and to a lesser extent Thousand Year Door.

Back to top Go down

Nopon

Post 16th June 2015, 5:36 pm by Nopon

another thing on that, it seems paper mario can make copies of himself

Back to top Go down

Burnin' Bunnies

Post 16th June 2015, 6:12 pm by Burnin' Bunnies

Couldn't that happen in thousand year door? Like, a special attack?

Back to top Go down

Lief Katano

Post 16th June 2015, 6:47 pm by Lief Katano

It looks kind of like Dream World battles in Dream Team, with Paper Mario making copies of himself to attack all enemies at once, but weaker.

Back to top Go down

TheCapsFan

Post 17th June 2015, 9:54 am by TheCapsFan

That SMT x FE game looks real cool. Like I've never played SMT, but it still looks cool.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down