Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Complaint/Suggestion Thread

+14
Lief Katano
Burnin' Bunnies
Nopon
Subconscious Drift
Chibster
TheCapsFan
Katuna Makata
Caprizant
Meyneth
Princess
Greece
silence
returnofmastercrazyhand
Kaede Akamatsu
18 posters

Page 42 of 59 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 50 ... 59  Next

Go down

General Complaint/Suggestion Thread - Page 42 Empty Re: General Complaint/Suggestion Thread

Post by Nopon 29th December 2015, 10:55 pm

Only part that'll fall on you is checking who won and adding a point :V
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

General Complaint/Suggestion Thread - Page 42 Empty Re: General Complaint/Suggestion Thread

Post by Caprizant 29th December 2015, 10:59 pm

Sounds good to me! Dunsparce Approves

I'll also probably be voting every once in awhile too.
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

: Fresh Start! :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 1st January 2016, 1:08 am

Anyone else having an issue with large images not being resized to fit the forum anymore?
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 1st January 2016, 11:25 am

Yes.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 1st January 2016, 11:49 am

It appears to be something in the JavaScript of the new BBCode. I'll try to figure it out now.
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 1st January 2016, 1:04 pm

The problem appears to be that our BBCode parser adds new tags in by replacing the code of the original post, which unfortunately results in overriding the image resizing JavaScript.

I have no idea what to do with this information. :V
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katuna Makata 1st January 2016, 2:52 pm

Spoiler:
Katuna Makata
Katuna Makata

: 8D :

Myers-Briggs Type : IDEK
Alignment : True Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 1st January 2016, 2:55 pm

image:
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 1st January 2016, 6:13 pm

So, I noticed the [spoiltext] content is still viewable in the thread preview underneath the advanced editor. Really.

There's a lot of stuff to fix about this, it seems.
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 5th January 2016, 8:35 pm

I still haven't managed to completely fix the issue and make the image resizer and spoiltext code work together... however, I have found a way to create a new BBCode that will resize an image manually.

Is it worth it to implement this, or would you guys prefer abandoning the spoiltext code altogether?
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 5th January 2016, 10:07 pm

Personally I'm not really in favor of the spoilertext because it's not always going to be obvious it's a spoiler and not just someone being cheeky. Or someone may not initially realize the that it's supposed to be a spoiler, like I did when we first started using it. I moused over to see if it was an image and there popped-up an spoiler. Our custom for spoiler tags works well enough so I don't see much reason to have a bbcode that basically does the same thing.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 5th January 2016, 10:14 pm

I'm personally in favor of spoilertext - it's a lot more...natural-looking, I guess? to have it [spoiltext]slip into spoilertext when bringing up a spoiler[/spoiltext] rather than

There are no Actual Spoilers in this post, by the by:

Also I'd need some serious convincing to know that anybody besides TS has those problems. I swear to whatever. 

(Spoilertext-type spoilers seem to be the default for non-Forumotion or vBulletin-type forums, anyways. ...it at least works like that for Vizzed and Something Awful :U)

Last edited by Lief Katano on 5th January 2016, 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 5th January 2016, 10:24 pm

Truthseeker4449 wrote:Personally I'm not really in favor of the spoilertext because it's not always going to be obvious it's a spoiler and not just someone being cheeky.
Regular spoilers have the same issue, except there's the added confusion of whether it's actually a spoiler or just an image.
Or someone may not initially realize the that it's supposed to be a spoiler, like I did when we first started using it. I moused over to see if it was an image and there popped-up an spoiler. Our custom for spoiler tags works well enough so I don't see much reason to have a bbcode that basically does the same thing.
The whole point of this is that it looks more natural because it avoids the whole thing with spoiler tags taking up an entire line of a post no matter how small the spoiler actually is. And this way we can separate use between using spoiler tags for images and using spoiler tags for actual spoilers.

As for the whole not-knowing-it's-a-spoiler-thing, once I'm more advanced in this newfangled business I'd like to change it so that you can add white text on top of the black bar as a warning, and then you have to click the black bar instead of mousing over it.
Lief Katano wrote:I'm personally in favor of spoilertext - it's a lot more...natural-looking, I guess? to have it [spoilertext]slip into spoilertext when bringing up a spoiler[/spoilertext] rather than

There are no Actual Spoilers in this post, by the by:
The code is [spoiltext]. :V
(Spoilertext-type spoilers seem to be the default for non-Forumotion or vBulletin-type forums, anyways. ...it at least works like that for Vizzed and Something Awful :U)
It's the same on TV Tropes, except either you highlight it or click it to show the text.

The big problem I'm having here though is that having this whole BBCode parser thing going on is proving more troublesome than it may be worth. If we could just find a way to make it so that the image resizer works with it, I'd personally be fine.
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 5th January 2016, 10:36 pm

You clearly sabotaged my post. CURSE YOU!!!
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess 6th January 2016, 12:06 am

He's part of rational sabotage, what would you expect
Princess
Princess

Myers-Briggs Type : INTJ-A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 59 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 50 ... 59  Next