Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sburb Alpha (Homestuck Thread)

+5
Lief Katano
Caprizant
Truthseeker4449
Nopon
Kaede Akamatsu
9 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Sburb Alpha (Homestuck Thread) - Page 6 Empty Re: Sburb Alpha (Homestuck Thread)

Post by Caprizant 8th June 2015, 12:19 am

interesting developments:
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

: Fresh Start! :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Good

Back to top Go down

Sburb Alpha (Homestuck Thread) - Page 6 Empty Re: Sburb Alpha (Homestuck Thread)

Post by Caprizant 4th July 2015, 7:10 pm

I'm not 100% certain on the veracity of this source, but it's worth noting the rumor anyway: Apparently the reason the Odd Gentlemen are no longer working on Hiveswap is that they stole hundreds of thousands of dollars from the Kickstarter money and used it to develop King's Quest.
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 4th July 2015, 7:34 pm

That's an interesting theory. Do you believe it?
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 4th July 2015, 9:22 pm

I'm pretty sure Hussie said legal issues contributed to the hiatus, so that lends some credence to the post. I'll wait for official word before making assumptions, though.
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 6th July 2015, 1:36 am

I have now caught up again!

upd8 spoilers:
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 6th July 2015, 9:20 pm

upd8:
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 6th July 2015, 9:33 pm

Caprizant wrote:
upd8:
Spoiler:
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 6th July 2015, 9:46 pm

Spoiler:
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 6th July 2015, 9:50 pm

Spoiler:
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 3rd January 2016, 4:42 pm

Forgot to mention this, but on Christmas day, Hussie posted a news update about Hiveswap and Homestuck!

The Huss of Lips wrote:As promised, here is your end of year news update. On Christmas no less! Must be a miracle. My apologies for having wasted your Christmas miracle on something so pedestrian as new web content.

Anyway, about that content. Got a couple STATUS UPDATES to report.

First, here's an update on Hiveswap. Long story short: there was a bit of a pause while we shifted gears on the production, but all the new stuff is looking fantastic. Take a look and see for yourself! You will not disagree.

Second, Homestuck. Remember that? Me neither. Um, ha ha, just kidding, it's all I think about ever. Anyway, I've been juggling work between this and Hiveswap pretty furiously. But I've been making progress on the ending. I would like to shoot for 4/13 of next year to have it wrapped up. Given everything I have to do, this might actually be a tight squeeze! But I'll do my best. It will conclude with Act 7, and some preceding material including EOA6 will lead up to it. It's a lot of content. I'm getting uncomfortably close to reaching a half hour of projected new animation footage. (No, not all in one animation, don't worry. Spread out across several.) Will it all be ready in time for the 7 year anniversary of Homestuck? We'll just have to wait and see.

I'll give you another update on the status before then though. Why don't we say... another month? Sounds good to me, see you then.

TL;DR: Hiveswap has a new (absolutely gorgeous!) art style, plus some more concept art, and Homestuck is projected to end this 4/13 (again).
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd January 2016, 10:12 pm

When it ends, I may try reading it again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 3rd January 2016, 11:52 pm

image:

If you want a good, relatively spoiler-free Flash update to get you motivated, [S] Enter is a good place to look. I'd suggest watching that and then start reading from the beginning of the comic. By the time you get there, the exact sequence of events will have left your mind and it'll still feel awesome.

Also, some advice I generally give to everyone:

• Don't skip the intermissions.
  • Don't skip the pesterlogs.

Both are absolutely critical to the plot. In fact, the pesterlogs hold most of the characterization and plot development.

Also, if it helps to get you through Act 1, keep in mind that the first few months of the comic were almost entirely driven by reader suggestion. Once the suggestion box closed, the pace and plot of the comic really picked up.
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 11th January 2016, 11:30 pm

Oh my god I'm rereading Homestuck in preparation for the Endgame and I just finished Act 4 and

I forgot how freaking amazing [S] Descend is in context holy shit

Like, I've watched the Flash a few times, but this is only the... second? third? time I've seen it with all the context to go with it, and definitely the first time where I completely felt the gravity of everything going on. Like, hang on, I need to watch it again to gear up for my ramblegushing.

Okay. Okay I'm all set. Okay. Here goes.

First of all, that opening scene with [spoiltext]Bro freaking chopping a meteor the size of a freaking skyscraper in half is just about the best thing ever[/spoiltext]. And that's just the freaking beginning.

Then there's that whole shit with [spoiltext]Jack Noir on the battlefield, completely wiping the place clean with the Red Miles, and starting the literal freaking Reckoning with the White King's scepter[/spoiltext], every millisecond of that scene contains a special little helping of awesome. And by little I mean like the size of Texas.

And continuing the saga of [spoiltext]Jack Noir, he severs the freaking chain connecting Prospit to its moon, which sends it on a collision course with freaking Skaia. And Jade trying desperately to slap John awake, all while the freaking moon is bearing down on her, and at the last second she just shoves John aside, saving his life and taking a literal fricking moon for him how's that for friend/sister of the year holy shit[/spoiltext]. Like, it's been, what, three and a half years since I first saw that scene and it still gives me the shivers. Like, honest-to-god spine-tingling shivers that make me realize just how freaking huge this whole comic actually is.

And then some stuff that slipped by me the first (few) time(s), [spoiltext]those kids being sent into the Reckoning are the beta kids and the guardians, yes, but now that I've been to Act 6, the guardians are, like, totally resembling their alpha versions that become Jane, Roxy, Dirk, and Jake. Heck, maybe they are actually the Alpha Kids and I'm just a bit confused there? Idk, but the point is, awesome, rewatch bonus stuff. Oh yeah, and I now fully understand that Diamonds Droog was creating Bec in this flash, it was such a quick bit in the middle of a bunch of awesome stuff I sorta missed it.[/spoiltext]

Oh yeah, and [spoiltext]Rose freaking detonates her first gate? Like, holy shit. Holy freaking bleepity shit. Yeah.[/spoiltext]

And to cap it all off, the freaking music. Oh my god, the music is just about one of the best things about the comic, and this flash in particular has freaking Descend playing, which happens to incorporate, like, ten or eleven different leitmotifs while still sounding totally distinct. As in, totally distinctly awesome. The freaking drums man. Those freaking get me.

So if you do not understand how deeply I love this from that giant mostly-black-barred ramblegush of a post, let me just reiterate how much I still love Homestuck no matter how much of a hard time I tend to give the writing in Act 6. I'm sure it'll seem much better when binge reading than it does when the comic is actually updating.

Honestly, I can't think of another series that's changed my life more than Homestuck. That includes Harry Potter. It's really changed the way I see the world and how I see myself and it's beautiful and horrendous and hilarious and self-referential and convoluted and exciting and insightful and basically just the best thing ever and I love it.

End of ramblegush. :V
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 28th March 2016, 7:22 pm

HOMESTUCK IS BACK
I REPEAT
HOMESTUCK IS BACK
AND IT'S ENDING APRIL 13
THIS IS THE HOME STRETCH

Andrew Hussie wrote:EOA6 - 99%

Here is the plan. Starting today, there will be 6 days of updates (about 125 total pages). Then a brief pause. Then on 4/6, I'll post the END OF ACT 6 animation.

That should immediately be followed by 7 days of updates (about 40 total pages), ending with an update on 4/13, the 7th anniversary of Homestuck. That update will contain ACT 7 in its entirety.

The current 125 page stretch was drawn by a few guest artists. Gina Chacon, Mallory Dyer, and Adrienne Garcia (all artists for WP). The panels they did are very good, and I think make for a nice runway leading up to the final animations. Of course there are a lot of other great contributing artists to all that content as well. Thanks for the patience during the Omegapause. I hope you enjoy the conclusion to Homestuck.
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28th March 2016, 9:01 pm

Any idea on how many pages will this make total for Homestuck? *curios as to how many pages he'd have to go through to complete Homestuck if he tried reading it again*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next