Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6]

+11
Kaede Akamatsu
Revenge of Mars
returnofmastercrazyhand
Truthseeker4449
Cap'n Jack
Subconscious Drift
Meyneth
Lief Katano
Apocrypha
Princess
Nopon
15 posters

Page 12 of 46 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 29 ... 46  Next

Go down

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6] - Page 12 Empty Re: I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6]

Post by Meyneth 10th November 2016, 1:59 pm

your phone is haunted
Meyneth
Meyneth

: Let's Be Heroes!

Myers-Briggs Type : ENFP-T

Back to top Go down

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6] - Page 12 Empty Re: I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6]

Post by Guest 10th November 2016, 2:05 pm

Gonk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 10th November 2016, 2:49 pm

My phone does that too, it's an issue with all jacks eventually as the jack combines microphone and audio it could make the phone think you're using a mic
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th November 2016, 8:14 pm

*plugs in phone to charge it*

*gets a warning that the battery temp is "abnormal" and the phone can't charge*

...welp, inb4 my phone goes boom in my pocket...

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 10th November 2016, 8:33 pm

Perhaps the problem is that your pocket is too warm.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th November 2016, 8:33 pm

...It wasn't in my pocket.

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 10th November 2016, 9:28 pm

Come to think of it, one of my coworkers mentioned a last week his phone became reluctant to charge, citing battery temperatures as the reason. He said it happened after an update.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 11th November 2016, 9:35 am

My phone gets blistering hot if I use it too much, and it'll give me that warning. The other day, it gave me the warning but the phone wasn't actually hot, so it just sat there not charging. I threw it in the fridge, to no avail. What fixed it was taking it apart, pulling the battery out, and sticking it back in. Don't ask me why.
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Myers-Briggs Type : Someti

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 11th November 2016, 9:47 am

Any crustiness on the electrical contacts?
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 11th November 2016, 10:05 am

Truthseeker4449 wrote:Any crustiness on the electrical contacts?

Good question, you probably know more than I do on this stuff. No, the contacts looked good as new as far as I could tell.

Also, I just used the word "as" three times in one sentence.
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Myers-Briggs Type : Someti

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 11th November 2016, 2:38 pm

Almost got in what would have been a really nasty wreck today. I was trying to merge into the left lane from the right and because I was going up a hill, I wasn't able to accelerate very well, but was doing at least 45 mph. I ended up deciding to wait for a pickup truck to pass me before moving over as there was no traffic behind him.

As I started to move over, the big rig behind me apparently had gotten fed up with being behind me (it was a 55 mph zone) and decided to move over at the same time. My intent to move over should've been clear as my signal was on, but anyway as I finished moving over I was horrified to glance in my rear view as the truck was mere feet from my bumper, apparently not knowing I was going to change lanes and had floored it as he was moving over.

He swerved and I presumed had to brake hard to avoid a collision and I'm sure it took quite some skill to avoid jackknifing the truck. He blew his horn at me later as he passed me. I still feel bad since I feel probably should've made more effort to gather speed before moving and maybe cancelled my signal after being unable to move over the first few times.

Maybe it was karma or something. Earlier I had to brake hard after the same truck pulled out into an intersection as me and another car were traveling at 55 mph towards the intersection.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th November 2016, 6:22 pm

Oh sweet Lordy. Glad you're okay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12th November 2016, 12:39 am

Welp, I got Steam on my tablet now...but in order to do so, I had to deactivate the mobile security thing since I couldn't see the security code to authenticate my log in...

And now, if I want to reactivate the security thing...I have to have a code to activate it...which can only be sent to my phone...that doesn't work anymore.... Anger

Have I mentioned how stupid this is?

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 13th November 2016, 9:52 pm

My county is desperately looking for school bus drivers because they are short 80 drivers and it's causing huge delays throughout the county. To the point that they put out a call to all homes on their phone list begging for bus drivers and advertised that they are willing to pay $18 an hour. I'd submit my application in a heart-beat, if I didn't know already that they require drivers to be 21 years old. OR maybe it's 25, I can't remember, it's been a year since I called.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 15th November 2016, 6:06 am

After tossing and turning with my mind racing most of the night, I now must go to work with probably only a few hours of sleep. And then survive a drive all the way down and back up to the college.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 46 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 29 ... 46  Next