Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again

+4
Truthseeker4449
Greece
Apocrypha
Lief Katano
8 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

How should base damage be calculated?

How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 3 Empty0%How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 3 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 3 Empty40%How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 3 Empty 40% 
[ 2 ]
How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 3 Empty20%How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 3 Empty 20% 
[ 1 ]
How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 3 Empty40%How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 3 Empty 40% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 3 Empty Re: How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again

Post by Nopon 17th August 2016, 10:36 pm

Just realized, which version of me are you using :O
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 3 Empty Re: How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 17th August 2016, 10:37 pm

Apocrypha wrote:All the ideas about damage systems make my head spin. Haha.

Also, ROMCH, I think the sidequests were a good idea, but I might add or remove a couple.

I was thinking of adding a plot thing where everyone gets separated in a dungeon (or across Morbo. Blargh), forcing characters to cooperate who don't normally interact very much. Good for character development and/or great one-liners. Thoughts?
I'm not removing any sidequests as they are other pitstoppers past and present I swear to whatever.
I might add jack though.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 17th August 2016, 10:43 pm

Truthseeker4449 wrote:At some point in the last thread I'm pretty sure I didn't give too much about the game. Still holding true. But hey, pretty buttons to press as I descend deeper into insanity!
You could have pushed a button that actually did something and not be a jackass! CURSE YOU!!!
Greece wrote:I made a vote.

Because I think it could be fuuuuuuuuuun
thank Greece
Hackapon wrote:Now think about this Lief, a skill that lets you consume a status ailment in order to do elemental damage :O
I tried doing that, failed, and am now still failing to do it, just with my head hurting more now.
Apocrypha wrote:All the ideas about damage systems make my head spin. Haha.
Hey, at least you don't have you actually deal with how to make them work in the game. :V
I was thinking of adding a plot thing where everyone gets separated in a dungeon (or across Morbo. Blargh), forcing characters to cooperate who don't normally interact very much. Good for character development and/or great one-liners. Thoughts?
This sounds like a good idea. I am for it.
Hackapon wrote:Just realized, which version of me are you using :O
The version of you who is a jerk with stupid skill ideas! CURSE YOU!!!
returnofmastercrazyhand wrote:I'm not removing any sidequests as they are other pitstoppers past and present I swear to whatever.
I might add jack though.
It's probably best to be flexible, especially since the state of the game makes it possible that such connections won't actually exist. In the context of the game.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 17th August 2016, 10:51 pm

Lief Katano wrote:

That's, like, every version of me o3o
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 17th August 2016, 10:55 pm

The old RPG has the weird Dream Mage thing, with different elements that use weird attack and defense stats, based off of emotions. So...you can either keep the emote schtick or go for something else.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 17th August 2016, 11:13 pm

Lief Katano wrote:
Greece wrote:A skill that converts MP into HP and a skill that converts HP into MP
That's entirely within my power, especially with Skill Core (since I can have HP/MP costs exactly equal to what's going to be restored How I Stopped Procrastinating and Learned to Make a Game Again - Page 3 Emot-science), but I'm curious as to who would use each.

I'd prefer "everyone" to not be an option, because I'm already setting it up such that every unit has their own skill command and I'd hate to have to redo the same skill ten times y u so negative? (or have to remerge the skill lists, which isn't a problem because I only actually made three so far but it's still work)

When I brought them up I was mainly referring to Truth so the player could convert points into moves they wanted to use more. But I guess you could give the HP to MP skill to characters that have a lot of MP consumption.
Greece
Greece

: See A Man About A Dog :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 17th August 2016, 11:15 pm

...That makes perfect sense. Welp.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17th August 2016, 11:29 pm

Alright, I don't care what else you do with me, the medic, just give me one decent attack. Exactly one. No more, no less.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 17th August 2016, 11:53 pm

Does this work?:

On a completely unrelated note (read: it's actually somewhat vaguely related), I did figure out how to do Lux's status shit.

I still don't want to do it. I swear to whatever.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 18th August 2016, 5:52 am

Hackapon wrote:
Lief Katano wrote:

That's, like, every version of me o3o
I dispute that his skill ideas are stupid, they are however incredibility annoying.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18th August 2016, 12:23 pm

Lief Katano wrote:
Does this work?:
No.

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 18th August 2016, 12:50 pm

Lief Katano wrote:
returnofmastercrazyhand wrote:I'm not removing any sidequests as they are other pitstoppers past and present I swear to whatever.
I might add jack though.
It's probably best to be flexible, especially since the state of the game makes it possible that such connections won't actually exist. In the context of the game.
then I'll just change the ones that don't work, but I am NOT removing any.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 18th August 2016, 3:30 pm

Hacka Charles wrote:
Lief Katano wrote:
Does this work?:
No.
y u so negative?

Do you have any suggestions, or am I going to have to trial and error this?
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocrypha 18th August 2016, 5:34 pm

About 1/3 of the way done with the script for chapter one. Blargh.

returnofmastercrazyhand wrote:
Lief Katano wrote:
I might add jack though.

With the way the script/plot is looking so far, it's going to be really, really hard to include all of the sidequests. The pace picks up quickly, and not much time is spent in one location for an extended period of time. There's only backtracking for plot-related reasons once or twice, and I'm really not sure about the 'twice'.

Last edited by Apocrypha on 18th August 2016, 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Blargh.)
Apocrypha
Apocrypha

: What am I doing :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 18th August 2016, 7:38 pm

Apocrypha wrote:About 1/3 of the way done with the script for chapter one. Blargh.

returnofmastercrazyhand wrote:
Lief Katano wrote:
I might add jack though.

With the way the script/plot is looking so far, it's going to be really, really hard to include all of the sidequests. The pace picks up quickly, and not much time is spent in one location for an extended period of time. There's only backtracking for plot-related reasons once or twice, and I'm really not sure about the 'twice'.
sidequests usually involve backtracking to begin with, so that's not an issue.
I still refuse to remove any, but I will edit them to fit the new plot, although I am NOT happy.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next