Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 16 - Abba is a Mom and Skype Sucks

+12
Greece
Gravitas
Katuna Makata
Caprizant
Meyneth
Critical Sass
Nopon
Kaede Akamatsu
Truthseeker4449
silence
returnofmastercrazyhand
Dragel
16 posters

Page 4 of 67 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 16 - Abba is a Mom and Skype Sucks - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 16 - Abba is a Mom and Skype Sucks

Post by Guest 22nd September 2015, 11:29 pm

Khaki Makoto wrote:
jo wrote:I completed 8 ages ago and would play it often after completing all the challenges and stuff. I didn't like the minigames as well as the ones from 2, but 8 was probably my most frequently played Wii game.

And yes, Horror Land was the best! I think we broke the number of wins you could have from playing it so often (when my aunt was living with us, she almost always played Horror Land and won well over the 99 times it said in the records Laughing). Close second and third go to Western Land and Pirate Land.

And no, haven't moved out. I live with my grandmother, and my mother only comes to visit once ever few years or so. Haven't seen her since.....Summer 2009?
Hexagon Heat is best mingame [/nobiasjustbecauseitwasoneofthefewIcouldbeattheAIsinevenatthehighestdifficulty]

And I thought I loved Horror Land. xD

Ah, I see, sorry for being so forgetful. It's great that you're able to have those video chats with her.
:O I think Hexagon Heat is the best too! That was my all time favorite to play (that, and playing almost any of the 1 Vs. 3 minigames as the 1 player)!

Yeah, we used to play Mario Party a lot around here... Sorry

No need to apologize. I never really talk about my IRL self much online anyway, so I imagine a lot of IRL facts about myself are unknown to people here.

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 16 - Abba is a Mom and Skype Sucks - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 16 - Abba is a Mom and Skype Sucks

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 23rd September 2015, 12:08 am

Good night everyone...I seriously need to catch up on sleep.
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

: In your gaze where I'm seen. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd September 2015, 12:10 am

Yeah, I should probably be heading for bed as well.... I am exhausted after doing yard work and work work...

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravitas 23rd September 2015, 12:13 am

Khaki Makoto wrote:
Vivi wrote:If you're sleeping near a charger, you could always plug the device in while listening to the music/sounds that help you fall asleep. But yeah, without a charger it can get really nervewracking thinking that any second, your device could die. A first-world-problem version of Water Torture.

I'd never been away to camp before and thought that it'd be as fun as popular culture portrayed them. I thought I'd be having fun with nice kids, able to call my parents whenever, and that there would be tons upon tons of activities to do (the last expectation due to misleading advertising on the camp's website). Things ... did not go as planned. I still have flashbacks to that terrible week sometimes.
This is true. I guess it's more of a combination of wasting any power while not being awake to get use out of what it's powering for me.

Damn media lying to us as impressionable youths. CURSE YOU!!! But really that does suck. I remember having a similar yet not to the same degree of awful situation as a kid at my uncle and aunt's house. What did you all do at this camp then? (If you'd rather not talk about it in detail I can drop the subject.)
Ah, I understand. You feel like you're wasting charge. The best situation in that case would be to sleep near a charger when your phone/device is almost dead, so you can charge and listen to music at the same time. Unless I'm misunderstanding you, which I probably am because I'm really damn tired.

I'm sorry about your experience at your uncle/aunt's house. I don't mind talking about mine, it's important to push past these minor roadblocks such as having bad memories of a camp. Basically, I would sit outside and read the same book over and over again (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy) while kids cursed at each other. Eventually, my counselor took away my book because he wanted me to "participate" with the group. *sigh*
Burnin' Bunnies wrote:Good night everyone...I seriously need to catch up on sleep.
G'night! I should go to sleep soon too, but I deserve to live a little.
Gravitas
Gravitas

: Filled with DETERMINATION. :

Alignment : Chaotic Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 23rd September 2015, 12:30 am

I don't really listen to anything, mostly because I have to share a room with two brothers, one of whom is a light sleeper. Also because I don't really have that much in the way of actually projecting sound. I rely primarily on wearing myself out mentally. Or cold bedsheets.

I did once listen to a British train documentary while lying in bed really tired while my brothers were in school.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd September 2015, 12:33 am

*logs off for the night*

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 23rd September 2015, 12:37 am

*plays OFF in the night*
*is actually logging off for the night*
*supposedly*
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

: Fresh Start! :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Meyneth 23rd September 2015, 12:42 am

Yo @Greece; Get out here and talk about MP6
Meyneth
Meyneth

: Let's Be Heroes!

Myers-Briggs Type : ENFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 23rd September 2015, 12:51 am

*turns in for the night*
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 16 - Abba is a Mom and Skype Sucks - Page 4 Empty I FREEZERBURN! (Can't hold me now)

Post by Katuna Makata 23rd September 2015, 2:22 am

jo wrote::O I think Hexagon Heat is the best too! That was my all time favorite to play (that, and playing almost any of the 1 Vs. 3 minigames as the 1 player)!
You have good taste, sir. Celebration

Offhand, I also remember really like that minigame where you had to carve out the image of a Cheep Cheep/Goomba/whatever with a jackhammer. And Toad in a Box. And the duels.

There was so much to love about those early installments. ;_;

Vivi wrote:Ah, I understand. You feel like you're wasting charge. The best situation in that case would be to sleep near a charger when your phone/device is almost dead, so you can charge and listen to music at the same time. Unless I'm misunderstanding you, which I probably am because I'm really damn tired.

I'm sorry about your experience at your uncle/aunt's house. I don't mind talking about mine, it's important to push past these minor roadblocks such as having bad memories of a camp. Basically, I would sit outside and read the same book over and over again (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy) while kids cursed at each other. Eventually, my counselor took away my book because he wanted me to "participate" with the group. *sigh*
Yep yep, wasting the charge and the electricity, and in the case of a 3DS being used, messing up the record data for which software is being used (because I'm odd like that) since I'm not awake to actually be using it.

Nah it's all right, it's nowhere as bad as your experience was (from what I remember anyway. There is one situation that looking back on is sorta creepy/awkward though.)

So they had no actual structured activities that enriched your time there despite what was advertised and it was just a free-for-all?
God, that week must have felt like an eternity. Did this result in any action from your parents when they picked you up?

The Truth Behind Truths wrote:...I rely primarily on wearing myself out mentally. Or cold bedsheets.
This is also a plus in the summer.

SPSL Hamsteak wrote:*plays OFF in the night*
*is actually logging off for the night*
*supposedly*
My first thought was this

And then this (I don't remember OFF at all or know anything about it other than it being sad, but I do remember Daggone Ronpaul everywhere.)
Katuna Makata
Katuna Makata

: 8D :

Myers-Briggs Type : IDEK
Alignment : True Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 23rd September 2015, 7:18 am

Cap did an OFF Let's Play so you can quite easily find out everything you could ever want to know by reading this thread.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical Sass 23rd September 2015, 8:55 am

i am aliiiive
Critical Sass
Critical Sass

: Slippery when wet :

Myers-Briggs Type : gay

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 23rd September 2015, 8:56 am

*casts Death on Connie*

Er.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical Sass 23rd September 2015, 9:06 am

no effect
Critical Sass
Critical Sass

: Slippery when wet :

Myers-Briggs Type : gay

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravitas 23rd September 2015, 10:20 am

Khaki Makoto wrote:
Vivi wrote:Ah, I understand. You feel like you're wasting charge. The best situation in that case would be to sleep near a charger when your phone/device is almost dead, so you can charge and listen to music at the same time. Unless I'm misunderstanding you, which I probably am because I'm really damn tired.

Yep yep, wasting the charge and the electricity, and in the case of a 3DS being used, messing up the record data for which software is being used (because I'm odd like that) since I'm not awake to actually be using it.

Nah it's all right, it's nowhere as bad as your experience was (from what I remember anyway. There is one situation that looking back on is sorta creepy/awkward though.)

So they had no actual structured activities that enriched your time there despite what was advertised and it was just a free-for-all?
God, that week must have felt like an eternity. Did this result in any action from your parents when they picked you up?
Ah, I can see how that'd make sense. Especially how you'd want accurate values for your records.

If you'd rather not mention, you don't have to, but what was that creepy experience? You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, I can easily see why you wouldn't.

Technically they had the activities advertised on their website, but if you wanted to participate in all of them, you would need to stay for the whole summer and you would need to be the first person each day to sign up for each activity. (Signups were done at the beginning of each day with your cabinmates, and if you weren't the first cabin to sign up (which was most likely) then you'd probably be stuck with activities like "Lake".) There were also some activities that the entire camp was forced to participate to, such as the "Dance" where we all gathered in the gym and listened to the same goddamn songs over and over. My cabinmates constantly blared the song "Trumpets" (I forgot the artist) which quickly got old. By the end, they were just doing it to annoy me.

My parents were really sorry for me when they picked me up, and I vowed never to go there again. There wasn't really anything else they could've done though. Incidentally they did mention the camp to my little cousin, who ended up staying there the past summer and had a blast. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Gravitas
Gravitas

: Filled with DETERMINATION. :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 67 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next