Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 16 - Abba is a Mom and Skype Sucks

+12
Greece
Gravitas
Katuna Makata
Caprizant
Meyneth
Critical Sass
Nopon
Kaede Akamatsu
Truthseeker4449
silence
returnofmastercrazyhand
Dragel
16 posters

Page 3 of 67 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 16 - Abba is a Mom and Skype Sucks - Page 3 Empty Re: Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 16 - Abba is a Mom and Skype Sucks

Post by Caprizant 22nd September 2015, 9:19 pm

It depends on my mood. My favorites are usually Space Land or Horror Land, but I prefer the lighter Pirate Land and Western Land when I've had a bad day.

Mystery Land is for when I'm really tired and need to go to sleep fast. :V
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

: Fresh Start! :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Good

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 16 - Abba is a Mom and Skype Sucks - Page 3 Empty Re: Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 16 - Abba is a Mom and Skype Sucks

Post by Gravitas 22nd September 2015, 9:22 pm

Long long ago, I once was at a terrible camp for a week and couldn't fall asleep due to the fact that all of my cabin-mates and counselors were complete douchebags. Since I wasn't allowed to have a computer or phone with internet access and I had my 3DS with me, I put on headphones and listened to the System Settings BGM to try and fall asleep. Even today, years and years later, listening to that music still conjures memories of those harrowing, sleepless nights.
Gravitas
Gravitas

: Filled with DETERMINATION. :

Alignment : Chaotic Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 22nd September 2015, 9:23 pm

I haven't listen to MP2 in a while
Greece
Greece

: See A Man About A Dog :

Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibster 22nd September 2015, 9:36 pm

Makoto Tachibana wearing khakis is a FE fan wrote:
More spoilers:
There's nothing inherently wrong with it; I mean we got the version of "Hitori Omou" from the trailers which is beautiful, and it's still a lovely dance. She seems a lot more reserved and sad though (unless it's all part of a ruse), more sorrowful about the whole situation. In contrast, her performance in the Nohr version is more bold and forceful in her movements and voice, like she's ready to metaphorically stick it to Garon and is reveling in this knowledge and power. I love it. <3 And thanks for the info. I had an inkling about the dances origins, but not the specific names of the instruments used.

Where'ja go?
Please tell me you didn't spoil the entire game already, KM! xD Hmm now I can't decide which one I like more;they're both so lovely! Oh and I went to NYC and NJ that day!

Caprizant wrote:On the subject of ambient night sleep things, I like to leave Mario Party 2 on all computer players. It's really nice and calming for some reason and it makes me sleepy :V
I sometimes play Aquatic Ambiance from Donkey Kong Country when I'm about to sleep. It's just so relaxing. :3
Chibster
Chibster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 22nd September 2015, 9:43 pm

I go to sleep by the noise of my air conditioner :U

The water theme from Mario wants to make me sleep, though.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 22nd September 2015, 9:45 pm

I play christmas music to help me sleep.

Though it's really old and randomly speeds up.
Greece
Greece

: See A Man About A Dog :

Back to top Go down

Post by Meyneth 22nd September 2015, 9:56 pm

Blarg
Meyneth
Meyneth

: Let's Be Heroes!

Myers-Briggs Type : ENFP-T

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 16 - Abba is a Mom and Skype Sucks - Page 3 Empty Re: Random Rumblings

Post by Katuna Makata 22nd September 2015, 10:26 pm

I wish I could get my BMGf Skype account to work on my phone. My regular one works fine, and both work on my computer, but for some reason I can't get it to work on my phone. I even changed passwords and everything. orz

Music has never helped me get to sleep, at least in recent years. I fret over wasting the battery power on the device, haha. But I like to listen to classical music or Rainy Mood if I'm nervous, like when I flew for the first time last year. Particular mention goes out to Pachelbel's Canon.

Toad had the cutest voice back in MP2:

Does the sixth ED of D-Gray.Man sound like a Christmas song to anyone else?
Ever since I first heard it I can't get the notion out of my head.:

V2 wrote:Long long ago, I once was at a terrible camp for a week and couldn't fall asleep due to the fact that all of my cabin-mates and counselors were complete douchebags. Since I wasn't allowed to have a computer or phone with internet access and I had my 3DS with me, I put on headphones and listened to the System Settings BGM to try and fall asleep. Even today, years and years later, listening to that music still conjures memories of those harrowing, sleepless nights.
Did you voluntarily go and it didn't turn out as expected or were you forced to attend? Either way that sucks.

Future Wife of Tsubaki wrote:Please tell me you didn't spoil the entire game already, KM! xD Hmm now I can't decide which one I like more; they're both so lovely! Oh and I went to NYC and NJ that day!
No no, this is just me speculating. (Though this is not to the same levels as when the second trailer was revealed back in April. I spent like two weeks speculating with Xita over on BMGf of all these different possible scenarios because we were both so excited and the possibilites of "what could be" were just endless. xD) I'm doing my best to avoid spoilers every day. (But the struggle, it's real.)

Ooo, go anywhere fun? See lots of cool sights?
Katuna Makata
Katuna Makata

: 8D :

Myers-Briggs Type : IDEK
Alignment : True Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd September 2015, 10:32 pm

Caprizant wrote:It depends on my mood. My favorites are usually Space Land or Horror Land, but I prefer the lighter Pirate Land and Western Land when I've had a bad day.

Mystery Land is for when I'm really tired and need to go to sleep fast. :V
Mystery Land was my least favorite land... Don't know why. Guess it just didn't feel as fun as the others (like being a cowboy, pirate, space ranger, yada yada yada).

Greece wrote:I haven't listen to MP2 in a while
I haven't played any Mario Party games in a while... Can't even play 8 anymore since my Wii hates me and 2....I'm just too lazy to plug up my N64. Dreaming

As for music to sleep by....I never really do that. I usually have to have complete silence and darkness in order to even start sleeping.

And as for Skype, I actually have two accounts now, one for family video calls (my mom started doing this recently, and it's nice since we rarely see each other and only talk over the phone occasionally), and the other is for online friends/BMGf/other online stuff. I have it set up to start every time I boot up my computer, but I usually have it set to my personal account.

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 22nd September 2015, 10:44 pm

I've never played MP2. :I

I have played MP4, though, my favorite for nostalgia. I've completed everyone in story mode, but I don't have everything unlocked in the Gift Room. I should look into what I need to do for those last few things...hm.
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

: In your gaze where I'm seen. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 16 - Abba is a Mom and Skype Sucks - Page 3 Empty Hope is one hell of a drug.

Post by Katuna Makata 22nd September 2015, 10:52 pm

Horror Land was the best. <3 I don't know what happened to my physical copy of the game, but I ended up buying it on VC and playing it again. MP2 had the best themes and set up, while MP3 was equally good and let you hold onto three items. MP4 had that really addictive story mode, and then everything besides the minigames went downhill after that.

These facts brought to you by KM's opinion, which is totally unbiased.

BB wrote:I've never played MP2. :I

I have played MP4, though, my favorite for nostalgia. I've completed everyone in story mode, but I don't have everything unlocked in the Gift Room. I should look into what I need to do for those last few things...hm.
You poor soul. D:

Oh wow, I don't think I ever got that far in MP4. I think I just managed to complete Wario and Yoshi... possibly Mario and Luigi too.

jo wrote:As for music to sleep by....I never really do that. I usually have to have complete silence and darkness in order to even start sleeping.
Either this or a TV on mute or with barely any volume with a sleep timer on. not often but for when I spoop myself playing a game/reading a book/watching a movie/etc.

kool-aid wrote:And as for Skype, I actually have two accounts now, one for family video calls (my mom started doing this recently, and it's nice since we rarely see each other and only talk over the phone occasionally), and the other is for online friends/BMGf/other online stuff. I have it set up to start every time I boot up my computer, but I usually have it set to my personal account.
(Evidently I'm very behind in regard to jo news. Did you move out?)
Katuna Makata
Katuna Makata

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd September 2015, 11:01 pm

I completed 8 ages ago and would play it often after completing all the challenges and stuff. I didn't like the minigames as well as the ones from 2, but 8 was probably my most frequently played Wii game.

And yes, Horror Land was the best! I think we broke the number of wins you could have from playing it so often (when my aunt was living with us, she almost always played Horror Land and won well over the 99 times it said in the records Laughing). Close second and third go to Western Land and Pirate Land.

And no, haven't moved out. I live with my grandmother, and my mother only comes to visit once ever few years or so. Haven't seen her since.....Summer 2009?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravitas 22nd September 2015, 11:07 pm

Khaki Makoto wrote:Music has never helped me get to sleep, at least in recent years. I fret over wasting the battery power on the device, haha. But I like to listen to classical music or Rainy Mood if I'm nervous, like when I flew for the first time last year. Particular mention goes out to Pachelbel's Canon.

V2 wrote:Long long ago, I once was at a terrible camp for a week and couldn't fall asleep due to the fact that all of my cabin-mates and counselors were complete douchebags. Since I wasn't allowed to have a computer or phone with internet access and I had my 3DS with me, I put on headphones and listened to the System Settings BGM to try and fall asleep. Even today, years and years later, listening to that music still conjures memories of those harrowing, sleepless nights.
Did you voluntarily go and it didn't turn out as expected or were you forced to attend? Either way that sucks.
If you're sleeping near a charger, you could always plug the device in while listening to the music/sounds that help you fall asleep. But yeah, without a charger it can get really nervewracking thinking that any second, your device could die. A first-world-problem version of Water Torture.

I'd never been away to camp before and thought that it'd be as fun as popular culture portrayed them. I thought I'd be having fun with nice kids, able to call my parents whenever, and that there would be tons upon tons of activities to do (the last expectation due to misleading advertising on the camp's website). Things ... did not go as planned. I still have flashbacks to that terrible week sometimes.
Gravitas
Gravitas

: Filled with DETERMINATION. :

Alignment : Chaotic Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibster 22nd September 2015, 11:12 pm

Future Wife of Marx wrote:
No no, this is just me speculating. (Though this is not to the same levels as when the second trailer was revealed back in April. I spent like two weeks speculating with Xita over on BMGf of all these different possible scenarios because we were both so excited and the possibilites of "what could be" were just endless. xD) I'm doing my best to avoid spoilers every day. (But the struggle, it's real.)
Haha I'm just making sure! xD Don't worry, we're aaalmost there!
"Future Wife of Tsubaki" <3
And Azura! wrote:Ooo, go anywhere fun? See lots of cool sights?
We (as in my parents and myself) didn't have much too time to stroll around in the city, but we did go to visit the new Freedom Tower the 2nd time since it opened! After that, we came back to Penn Station and went to NJ to visit relatives. :3
Chibster
Chibster

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 16 - Abba is a Mom and Skype Sucks - Page 3 Empty Sneak Peak: The Silent Killer

Post by Katuna Makata 22nd September 2015, 11:23 pm

jo wrote:I completed 8 ages ago and would play it often after completing all the challenges and stuff. I didn't like the minigames as well as the ones from 2, but 8 was probably my most frequently played Wii game.

And yes, Horror Land was the best! I think we broke the number of wins you could have from playing it so often (when my aunt was living with us, she almost always played Horror Land and won well over the 99 times it said in the records Laughing). Close second and third go to Western Land and Pirate Land.

And no, haven't moved out. I live with my grandmother, and my mother only comes to visit once ever few years or so. Haven't seen her since.....Summer 2009?
Hexagon Heat is best mingame [/nobiasjustbecauseitwasoneofthefewIcouldbeattheAIsinevenatthehighestdifficulty]

And I thought I loved Horror Land. xD

Ah, I see, sorry for being so forgetful. It's great that you're able to have those video chats with her.

Vivi wrote:If you're sleeping near a charger, you could always plug the device in while listening to the music/sounds that help you fall asleep. But yeah, without a charger it can get really nervewracking thinking that any second, your device could die. A first-world-problem version of Water Torture.

I'd never been away to camp before and thought that it'd be as fun as popular culture portrayed them. I thought I'd be having fun with nice kids, able to call my parents whenever, and that there would be tons upon tons of activities to do (the last expectation due to misleading advertising on the camp's website). Things ... did not go as planned. I still have flashbacks to that terrible week sometimes.
This is true. I guess it's more of a combination of wasting any power while not being awake to get use out of what it's powering for me.

Damn media lying to us as impressionable youths. CURSE YOU!!! But really that does suck. I remember having a similar yet not to the same degree of awful situation as a kid at my uncle and aunt's house. What did you all do at this camp then? (If you'd rather not talk about it in detail I can drop the subject.)
I like the sound of both those titles. <3 wrote:Haha I'm just making sure! xD Don't worry, we're aaalmost there!
"Future Wife of Tsubaki" <3

We (as in my parents and myself) didn't have much too time to stroll around in the city, but we did go to visit the new Freedom Tower the 2nd time since it opened! After that, we came back to Penn Station and went to NJ to visit relatives. :3
But it's still at least three months away. ;___; (If I had to guess, I'd say eight, going by time period between the release date of Awakening in Japan and the US. I don't mind being proven wrong and seeing it released next January though!)

Sounds like you had quite a nice trip. ^^
Katuna Makata
Katuna Makata

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 67 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next