Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 12 - The Air Is So Salty It's Lethal

+12
Greece
Truthseeker4449
Meyneth
Chibster
Caprizant
TheCapsFan
Critical Sass
silence
Lief Katano
Dragel
Burnin' Bunnies
Mathematical Enigma
16 posters

Page 35 of 67 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 12 - The Air Is So Salty It's Lethal - Page 35 Empty Re: Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 12 - The Air Is So Salty It's Lethal

Post by Critical Sass 10th August 2015, 11:57 pm

Having the option to remove permadeath is bad for my personal gameplay experience, because it removes the need and desire to get better. Instead of "Oh, that character died, let me figure out a new strategy that works and has them survive", I get "Oh, that character died. Doesn't matter, they'll be back. Keep charging ahead!".
Critical Sass
Critical Sass

: Slippery when wet :

Myers-Briggs Type : gay
Alignment : Chaotic Good

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 12 - The Air Is So Salty It's Lethal - Page 35 Empty Re: Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 12 - The Air Is So Salty It's Lethal

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 10th August 2015, 11:59 pm

also, JRPG stands for japanese RPG, becuase western RPGs differ so much from eastern ones that they are even studied by culturists in how different cultures make different media. western RPGs are just called RPGs nowadays, but JRPGs usually have their own folder on tvtropes and there's a wikipedia page detailing the difference in the styles.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th August 2015, 12:01 am

Made it to the Chimaera. Can't beat it just yet though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 11th August 2015, 12:02 am

zero 2 wrote:
Lief Katano wrote:When that happens I ~deal with it~ because fuck trying to go through that again with people not dying.
THIS.
I never got why people claim the perma death makes FE more challenging, and hates the modes that take it away, but then they restart a chapter until they can do it without a death.
DEAL WITH IT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!
Now, I can't say why they diss Casual mode - different strokes, different blokes, blah blah blah. But resetting with permadeaths does make it more challenging - you can't make one tactical misstep, or bam! Character is dead, you have to restart the level. Even if you were at the boss! Casual mode allows you to roll through that (unless a Guy Who Can't Die does) and not have to redo everything - the only thing you miss out on are sweet, delicious support points.

(Also that quote was for turn-based RPGs like Etrian Odyssey, not tactical-based RPGs like Fire Emblem. Context: key.)
Truthseeker4449 wrote:
zero 2 wrote:
Truthseeker4449 wrote:Because Drag apparently had a bad experience.
it's not that. it's that a LOT of people claim XIII didn't live up to the name the first XII games had been building up. and it wasn' a "tru JRPG" somehow
JRPG?
Japanese Role Playing Game, called that to differentiate it from the Western-style RPGs, which tend to be less character-driven (or at least player character driven) and allow way more customization.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 11th August 2015, 12:02 am

Livia wrote:Having the option to remove permadeath is bad for my personal gameplay experience, because it removes the need and desire to get better. Instead of "Oh, that character died, let me figure out a new strategy that works and has them survive", I get "Oh, that character died. Doesn't matter, they'll be back. Keep charging ahead!".
I'm not talking about you, but rather the elitists that talk like the permadeath makes things tougher, but then doesn't deal with the consequences.
if you can improve because of that logic, that's fine, it's the people that flaunt it in a noob's face just because they are new to FE that I hate.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 11th August 2015, 12:03 am

Well it's about time for me to go to bed now, I want to be up early to replace the caliper on my truck. Night!
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical Sass 11th August 2015, 12:04 am

zero 2 wrote:
Livia wrote:Having the option to remove permadeath is bad for my personal gameplay experience, because it removes the need and desire to get better. Instead of "Oh, that character died, let me figure out a new strategy that works and has them survive", I get "Oh, that character died. Doesn't matter, they'll be back. Keep charging ahead!".
I'm not talking about you, but rather the elitists that talk like the permadeath makes things tougher, but then doesn't deal with the consequences.
if you can improve because of that logic, that's fine, it's the people that flaunt it in a noob's face just because they are new to FE that I hate.

Okay now that is a really shitty thing for someone to do.
Critical Sass
Critical Sass

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 11th August 2015, 12:06 am

it's common in the FE fanbase, which is why I never visit many FE fansites.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th August 2015, 12:07 am

Now I can beat it. *just did so*

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical Sass 11th August 2015, 12:14 am

Man that counting game goes so slow, I could hold it at a standstill myself.

That might be a bit harder than I thought, goddamn rules.
Critical Sass
Critical Sass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th August 2015, 12:22 am

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

Lief, remember when I told you Ginnungagap was exclusive to Story Mode?

I was wrong. Looks like you can access it in Classic through some quests. I thought it wouldn't be available because that's how it was with Gladsheim in the first Untold. DX

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 11th August 2015, 12:22 am

Charles wrote:OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

I was wrong.  Looks like you can access it in Classic through some quests.  I thought it wouldn't be available because that's how it was with Gladsheim in the first Untold.  DX  
Yay? Party Favor!

Also a bit random - 'cause I think I'm the only one here playing it right now - but here's a "skill simulator" for Etrian Odyssey IV. It lets you plan out your skill tree and see what most skills do.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th August 2015, 12:36 am

Lief Katano wrote:
Charles wrote:OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

I was wrong.  Looks like you can access it in Classic through some quests.  I thought it wouldn't be available because that's how it was with Gladsheim in the first Untold.  DX  
Yay? Party Favor!

Also a bit random - 'cause I think I'm the only one here playing it right now - but here's a "skill simulator" for Etrian Odyssey IV. It lets you plan out your skill tree and see what most skills do.
Oh Boy!

Nice, I think I'm gonna use that next time I play EOIV.
Do you think we ought to have an Etrian Odyssey thread?

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 11th August 2015, 12:42 am

yes
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

: In your gaze where I'm seen. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical Sass 11th August 2015, 12:49 am

Thea Mazing!
Critical Sass
Critical Sass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 67 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next