Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What game(s) are you playing?

+13
varia
returnofmastercrazyhand
Meyneth
Apocrypha
Katuna Makata
Sword Master
Critical Sass
Lief Katano
Princess
Cap'n Jack
TheCapsFan
Burnin' Bunnies
Caprizant
17 posters

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

What game(s) are you playing? - Page 4 Empty Re: What game(s) are you playing?

Post by Greece 9th July 2015, 12:22 am

WHY DOES THE BABY GO WITH THE STRANGER. STRANGER DANGER 101.

ALSO WHY COULDN'T THE BABY TELEPORT BACK HOME.
Greece
Greece

: See A Man About A Dog :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCapsFan 9th July 2015, 10:22 am

Dark Bunnies wrote:
Lief Katano wrote:They're Oocca. :B
Yes, but what are they?

The evolved form of a Loftwing. Kappa
TheCapsFan
TheCapsFan

: Writing The Future

Myers-Briggs Type : ENFP-T
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 13th July 2015, 11:30 pm

playing through kirby's dreamland 3, then gonna do 64, then earthbound

you know why
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 14th July 2015, 7:05 am

Getting ready to continue Prison architect in a bit.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 21st July 2015, 3:06 pm

Valk got Paper Mario: TTYD a while ago, and I'm going to play it today because I'm not feeling Zelda nor Pokemon. (I've restarted my nuzlocke, so that's what I've been playing the past few days.)
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

: In your gaze where I'm seen. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 21st July 2015, 3:32 pm

...at least, I would be if it actually worked... the Wii recognizes the GameCube game, but every time I start it up it says, "An error has occurred. Turn the power off and refer to the Nintendo GameCube Instruction Booklet for further instructions."
Other GC games are working just fine, so I'm a bit miffed. >. <
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 21st July 2015, 5:14 pm

Dark Magician Girl wrote:Oh yeah, I'm technically on hold on Twilight Princess. Everything was fine and dandy until the last dungeon(Sky something or other). Why? Well, it was actually the summer of 10th to 11th grade and I almost beat the Sky...temple...I forget what its official name is...anyway. I just couldn't figure out how to get to the bosses' lair and I refuse to look online for help. Maybe today I'll go down and finish it Dark Magic Wink!

Greece wrote:City in the sky is probably the worst dungeon, or hardest, I can't exactly remeber which one is true.

Regardless, I always get lost in there @~@

TheCapsFan wrote:@Luma City in the Sky is a bitch and a half.  

Spiky Nopon wrote:I loved Sky City, my favorite dungeon in that game for making me feel like spider man :D

Oh, boy, don't get me started on Twilight Princess. Actually, my experience with Twilight Princess is remarkably similar to yours, Luma. I got the game when I was fifteen or sixteen, but then I got stuck at the water temple (Lakebed Temple, I think it's called?) and put it down for years. I'm like you in that I hate when I need to consult a source outside of the game's own instructions in order to play the game, since I count that as a failure on the game's part. However, this time it turned out to just be a really big stroke of dumbassness on my part, because when I finally did crack and consult a walk-through, I saw that all I had to do was shoot some stalactites down with my bomb arrows, which is a skill that Midna already teaches you earlier in the dungeon. So I wrote it off as no fault of the game's that I got stuck this one time, and decided to play through the rest of it. I'm glad I did, because I actually now really love Twilight Princess. It has to be one of my favorite games.

As for City in the Sky specifically, I did eventually get through it (hah, noob), but I do remember it being really challenging. I wish I could give you specific tips on how to get to the room where the boss key is, but I don't usually remember stuff like that, so you're out of luck unless you bribe me crack like I did and look it up. Hopefully you're just being a dumbass like I was (that's the best way I could have said that, sorry Dark Magic Wink! ) and you gave the game another chance. If you had asked me what I thought of Twilight Princess two years ago I would have told you "this game is dumb and stupid and I don't like it and it's ugly", but it really is a fantastic game, in my opinion, and even the visual style, with all its #superdarkandgrittyphotorealism and truly ridiculous amount of bloom, has grown on me. You haven't seen the ending, have you? It's pretty feelsy stuff.

TheCapsFan wrote:
Dark Bunnies wrote:
Lief Katano wrote:They're Oocca. :B
Yes, but what are they?

The evolved form of a Loftwing.  Kappa

Whoa! Time-line police here, you're gonna have to back up that claim. I'm not saying I have any better ideas, granted...
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Myers-Briggs Type : Someti

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 21st July 2015, 8:50 pm

But Skyward Sword takes place waaaaaay before Twilight Princess. 

Also if having to consult a walkthrough meant the game failed, then hooo boy did a lot of old games fail.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 22nd July 2015, 12:21 am

Lief Katano wrote:But Skyward Sword takes place waaaaaay before Twilight Princess. 

Also if having to consult a walkthrough meant the game failed, then hooo boy did a lot of old games fail.

I think you're saying this as support to the claim that Loftwings evolved into Ooccoo? There's certainly enough time passed to make it possible (Wind Waker evolves the Kokiri and the Zora out of existence in far less time anyway), but as far as I know, all we know about the Ooccoo is that they're based on the paintings of Amedeo Modigliani. :P

Right you are about old games being really vague and cryptic. That's why I don't like most of them!

As to contribute to the topic of this thread, currently Majora's Mask 3D and Oracle of Seasons are works in progress for me, so there's that. I beat Twilight Princess and Wind Waker just in time for my eighteenth birthday. Good times. Although while we're on the subject of games being too obtuse, I'd have to say that that's my biggest problem with Majora's Mask. Some of the rooms in these dungeons just completely stumped me, but that's not really the issue. See, this 3D version on the 3DS (or in my case, 2DS) adds a thing called the Sheikah Stone, which shows you little cinematics of just about everything the developers thought might make people think for a minute. I don't have a problem with the device that it is, because it does mean that I haven't had to consult the Internet at any point in the game (though I'm not finished), but my big problem with the Sheikah Stone is that there's no punishment for using it. Here's a device that just pretty much spells out the entire game for you, and there's nothing stopping you from using it every time you're faced with a challenge. I mean, you could say that using the Sheikah Stone takes away your bragging rights, but that's the same thing consulting the Internet does. The Sheikah Stone comes across as really shallow to me without there being some kind of punishment for using it, thus making it a game with risk and reward. Although, when that's my biggest criticism, I think it puts into perspective how great Zelda games are.
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 22nd July 2015, 12:48 am

I think the Sheikah Stone was introduced in Skyward Sword. While it may be helpful, I never use it and find it a tad of an insult, for some reason. I guess i like the satisfaction of solving a difficult problem i was frustrated with. I also tend to find that if i have a problem, when i come back to it at a later time and a fresh mind, i can solve it.
Honestly though, I forgot it exists in MM3D. :U
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 22nd July 2015, 9:22 am

I thought it was introduced in Ocarina of Time 3D? (As in, I thought OoT3D came out first. I have no doubt that it has a Sheikah Stone.)

Either way, there shouldn't really be a punishment for using the Sheikah Stone - as you said, it's basically using a guide, except instead of having the luxury of cracking it open whenever you please, it's limited to existing in one place. And while you can warp back there at any time, you're still wasting (literal) precious time warping there, getting the hint, and warping back then getting to where it is. ...so in a way, that *is* your punishment.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 22nd July 2015, 11:18 am

Dark Bunnies wrote:I think the Sheikah Stone was introduced in Skyward Sword. While it may be helpful, I never use it and find it a tad of an insult, for some reason. I guess i like the satisfaction of solving a difficult problem i was frustrated with. I also tend to find that if i have a problem, when i come back to it at a later time and a fresh mind, i can solve it.

Like I said, using it takes away your bragging rights, but without any further punishment, it comes across to me as just a replacement for GameFAQs or YouTube. Whether or not that is appreciated depends on who's talking, I guess. I mean, for the sake of my ego, I suppose I'd rather consult the Sheikah Stone than the Internet.

Lief Katano wrote:I thought it was introduced in Ocarina of Time 3D? (As in, I thought OoT3D came out first. I have no doubt that it has a Sheikah Stone.)

Yeah, I know Majora's Mask 3D wasn't the first game to have a Sheikah Stone, I was just explaining it because in my head I'm writing a review for Gamespot or something. :P

Either way, there shouldn't really be a punishment for using the Sheikah Stone - as you said, it's basically using a guide, except instead of having the luxury of cracking it open whenever you please, it's limited to existing in one place. And while you can warp back there at any time, you're still wasting (literal) precious time warping there, getting the hint, and warping back then getting to where it is. ...so in a way, that *is* your punishment.

I hadn't thought of that, so you have a point, although I'm inclined to say that perhaps consulting the Sheikah Stone is quicker than running around in circles trying to figure out a puzzle. Regardless of all of this, however, the Sheikah Stone is still a blow to the player's ego, so maybe that's punishment enough.

Another sour note in my experience with Majora's Mask 3D so far: for the longest time I couldn't figure out how to get into the Ikana Canyon. I'm not talking about the whole ordeal with the Gorman Bros. you have to go through to get the Garo Mask, either; that was the easy part for me. The crappy part was that I couldn't figure out the fence. Spoiler: you jump over the fence with the horse. But I swear to Jesus that I tried multiple times to jump that fence with the horse and I never did, so I was left convinced that I couldn't jump the fence. Finally, after about a month of faffing around and not finding a solution because really, there was no solution, I decided out of sheer boredom and exhaustion to try jumping the fence again, and this time it worked. I put the 2DS down, put my head in my hands for a minute, and thought to myself, "So the game-halting problem here was that the horse is just really finicky and controls like the gutted chassis of a Humvee."
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 22nd July 2015, 12:35 pm

Lief Katano wrote:I thought it was introduced in Ocarina of Time 3D? (As in, I thought OoT3D came out first. I have no doubt that it has a Sheikah Stone.)
I can't remember which came out first, honestly. You're probably right. I never got OoT3D/wasn't hyped for it when it came out.

Jack Pschitt wrote:
Dark Bunnies wrote:I think the Sheikah Stone was introduced in Skyward Sword. While it may be helpful, I never use it and find it a tad of an insult, for some reason. I guess i like the satisfaction of solving a difficult problem i was frustrated with. I also tend to find that if i have a problem, when i come back to it at a later time and a fresh mind, i can solve it.

Like I said, using it takes away your bragging rights, but without any further punishment, it comes across to me as just a replacement for GameFAQs or YouTube. Whether or not that is appreciated depends on who's talking, I guess. I mean, for the sake of my ego, I suppose I'd rather consult the Sheikah Stone than the Internet.

I hadn't thought of that, so you have a point, although I'm inclined to say that perhaps consulting the Sheikah Stone is quicker than running around in circles trying to figure out a puzzle. Regardless of all of this, however, the Sheikah Stone is still a blow to the player's ego, so maybe that's punishment enough.

Another sour note in my experience with Majora's Mask 3D so far: for the longest time I couldn't figure out how to get into the Ikana Canyon. I'm not talking about the whole ordeal with the Gorman Bros. you have to go through to get the Garo Mask, either; that was the easy part for me. The crappy part was that I couldn't figure out the fence. Spoiler: you jump over the fence with the horse. But I swear to Jesus that I tried multiple times to jump that fence with the horse and I never did, so I was left convinced that I couldn't jump the fence. Finally, after about a month of faffing around and not finding a solution because really, there was no solution, I decided out of sheer boredom and exhaustion to try jumping the fence again, and this time it worked. I put the 2DS down, put my head in my hands for a minute, and thought to myself, "So the game-halting problem here was that the horse is just really finicky and controls like the gutted chassis of a Humvee."
I still think you should have to pay 5 rupees to use it. :U That way the option is there, you don't have to get up to check the internet, yet it also encourages people to try not to use it whenever they can't solve a problem quickly. 5 rupees aren't too much of a sacrafice, either.

I've yet to reach Ikana Canyon. I'm stuck at the darn fish on the GameCube Collector's Edition, and haven't done the Gorons yet in 3D. I want to finish "the original" first, ya know? I'm also side questing, cause side questing is important... (one of my problems with Gyorg is that I only have, like, 6 hearts. Meaning that I've only collected 1 set of heart pieces. It might be up to seven now, but I'm not sure. :U )
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 22nd July 2015, 1:15 pm

If 5 Rupees isn't that much of a sacrifice, though, what good would it do to prevent people from checking it whenever they get stuck?
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCapsFan 22nd July 2015, 4:39 pm

The Evolution theory is a pretty well-known Zelda theory that basically says that the Loftwing evolved into the Oocca, sometime after Skyloft was abandoned. It also proves that the City in the Sky and Skyloft are in fact the same. This video does a good job of explaining it:
Spoiler:
TheCapsFan
TheCapsFan

: Writing The Future

Myers-Briggs Type : ENFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next