Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nintendo News: Mobile Shenanigans

Go down

Nintendo News: Mobile Shenanigans Empty Nintendo News: Mobile Shenanigans

As you may or may not have heard, Nintendo decided to release a boatload of info on a new plan they have....GOING MOBILE!!!1 OH HOLY FUCK  EVERYBODY PANIC EVERYBODY PANIC EVERYBODY PANIC EVERYBODY PANIC

BUT PUT THAT CHAINSAW DOWN!

Blood in the Morning

I SAID PUT IT DOWN! FOR NAPKINS!!!

I swear to whatever.

Thank you, now brace yourselves cause I'm here to edumacate you the only way I know how! The Lux Kihote™️ way trufax

Lets start things off with what is going on: Yes Nintendo is making mobile games but not on their own. They have partnered up with DeNA(pronounced DNA and will be referred to as dna, dena, or whatever I feel like calling it). DeNA is a Japanese company that focuses on mobile(read smartphones, tablets, some laptops etc. ) and getting them to work properly. They also own Mobage which is a mobile gaming service(think like google play or apple store or whatchamacallit but focused on games) which is quite popular in Japan and not terrible. Mobage is also a bunch of developers which have brought you games like War of Heroes, D.O.T. and other stuff. I have personal experience with them and their games are not terrible and have a lot of updates and are constantly evolving(I played War of Heroes for a while), they are also the ones that made a Transformers game which I think Charles has played.

Now what the deal was, is that dena is going to help Nintendo make and distribute NEW mobile games. Wham bam that's it, but I'm sure you want more info. ALL IPs are up for grabs in this, meaning that we might not get our phones flooded with Mario Mobile games and instead get older stuff like maybe F-Zero and Punch Out?! Who knows! Mystery

As part of the deal Nintendo bought some stock of dena ($181 Million worth, about 10% of the company) making them the second largest shareholder, and dena will buy around the same value of Nintendo stock (which I think was around 1.5% of the company? Don't quote me on that).

Now what does this mean for the Wii U and 3DS Family? ABOLUTELY NOTHING! Dunspach is Glory!

Nintendo will not be moving their games to smartphones and they will not stop developing for their consoles/handhelds. These mobile games will be brand new games custom built to take advantage of smartphone features, and console/handheld games will continue to be made to take advantage of their own features. The purpose of these new smartphone games is simple. Advertising. The games will have ads about the newest Nintendo games, and will be designed to give people a taste of Nintendo Quality™️ and get them to get the consoles. In fact, apparently they are going to work harder on their console stuffs.

Iwata wrote:Nintendo has decided to deploy its video game business on smart devices but it is not because we have lost passion or vision for the business of dedicated video game systems. On the contrary, now that we have decided how we will make use of smart devices, we have come to hold an even stronger passion and vision for the dedicated video game system business than ever before. Nintendo has made this decision because we have concluded that the approach of making use of smart devices is a rational way for us to encourage even more people around the world to recognize the great value of the wonderful game software available on our dedicated game systems.

Now onto other news, they are also going to have a new membership program which I assume is replacing Club Nintendo. My guess is that they will be getting help from dna cause they knew what they are doing when it comes to online infrastructure and things of that nature, which we all know Nintendo sucks at. If you don't admit that Nintendo sucks at online stuff then you are a blind fanboy. Really.

And finally the biggest news of all.

Nintendo announced the codename of the newest gaming platform! Codename NX! Ooo... Aaaah...

It's a brand new concept and we'll get more info in 2016! ....That's about all we know at the moment. Fun huh? They didn't mention if its a new console or handheld so that's up in the air.

And that's everything I had to say I think. Basically smartphone games to try to get people to buy the bigger games and that Nintendo doesn't plan to give up on consoles anytime soon. Soooooo if you're still scared I'll hold you There Their They're

Last edited by Lux on 17th March 2015, 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Nintendo News: Mobile Shenanigans :: Comments

Lief Katano

Post 17th March 2015, 10:00 am by Lief Katano

Mobage also has Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade, which is decent if nothing else.

Also you misspelled mobile in the title. And screwed up the quote.

Back to top Go down

Burnin' Bunnies

Post 17th March 2015, 10:03 am by Burnin' Bunnies

Oddly enough, i'm kinda excited. It's a smart move for nintendo.

Back to top Go down

Nopon

Post 17th March 2015, 10:08 am by Nopon

Lief Katano wrote:Mobage also has Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade, which is decent if nothing else.

Also you misspelled mobile in the title. And screwed up the quote.

or was that just the Lux Kihote™ style?!

-goes fix the mistakes-

Back to top Go down

Lief Katano

Post 17th March 2015, 10:13 am by Lief Katano

If they can pull off a mobile Punch-Out!! game with style, then I'd give Nintendo and DeNA all my theoretical yens. Even though I'm really bad at Punch-Out!!.

Back to top Go down

Truthseeker4449

Post 17th March 2015, 4:34 pm by Truthseeker4449

That beginning was funny.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down