Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nintendo Direct 3/8/18

Go down

Nintendo Direct 3/8/18 Empty Nintendo Direct 3/8/18

WarioWare Gold on the 3DS! I know someone's going to be happy!

Oh, uh, hey! I'm Lief Katano, and I'm bringing you the latest in Nintendo games! I literally just got home and the Direct just started, so I'll still be able to bring the latest Nintendo news directly to you!

Dillon's now in the post-apocalypse, joined by your Mii as an animal. And your friend's Miis as animals. Strategy action RPG, it seems - demo's May 10, coming May...25?

Bowser's Inside Story DX is coming to the 3DS! It's not much different from the original, it seems. Also loving how they just skipped Partners in Time. Because no one liked it. :V

Oh, never mind, Bowser Jr. also has his own campaign. That's new!

Detective Pikachu is finally coming over. Pikachu sounds nice, the humans look a bit... odd. Coming March 23.

Luigi's Mansion is now on the 3DS! New features is going to be map on the bottom screen, and boss rematches!

That's it for the 3DS, but we still got some Switch headlines.

In Kirby Star Allies, Kirby can make friends with Dedede, Bandana Dee, and Meta Knight to start with. Well, uh, partners for the purpose of the game.

HOLY SHIT RICK'S BACK (and Kine and Coo)

Also Marx and Gooey. Well, as updates - March 28th brings Rick and co., Marx, and Gooey back. Nice how they're integrating things that aren't quite copy abilities as buddies,

Okami HD is this summer.

Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido is on the...Switch? I thought that was on the 3DS? Either way, you battle guys by beating them up with sushi. No, really.

Oh, it's on Switch and 3DS.

Octopath Traveler info! Tressa the Merchant is a new character, allowing her to buy stuff from townspeople. Alfyn the Apothecary is also in, with Inquire as his ability. There's also multiclassing, allowing people to use the abilities from other classes. Releases Julu 13th. There's also a special addition with cool items, of course.

Travis Strikes seems to change between genres - there's certainly multiple game types listed, though they might just be "worlds". No release date yet, though.

Dark Souls, the game everyone compares hard games to, is coming to the Switch. Network Tests will also occur. The Solaire amiibo exists, and lets you... praise the sun. Uhhh.

You can redeem gold coins for discounts on any Switch game - namely, 1 cent per coin. Eh. Nice, but it only "really" works for digital games - you can redeem physical games for coins, but waaaaay less.

Mario Tennis Aces exists! Chain Chomp is a new(?) character, so it seems. ...Interesting. You can aim your shots, unleashing Zone Shots to break your foes racket (or otherwise score a point)! Zone Speed can help counter that, though if you're good enough you don't need to use Zone Speed to counter Zone Shots and keep your racket intact. Of course, there's an energy gauge to make you pace yourself, though you can perform trick shots to recover it quicker. Special shots can also be used as even more potent Zone Shots. You don't have you use any of these, of course, if you're a tennis purist. Story mode also has maps (courts?) that mix things up even more.

Also, if you're interested but not ready to spend the bucks, there's a tournament before release! Not much more info on it.

Captain Toad is back! Treasure Tracker is on the Switch now, with a few new levels, mainly based on Super Mario Odyssey locations. There's also a 3DS version in the make. June 13.

oh hey Undertale Switch

wow that's interesting

don't even has a release date or nuddin'

Crash Bandicoot's Trilogy is going to be on the Switch, too. July 10, this time.

Little Nightmares is also coming. Puzzle platformer, based on childhood fears. Kinda horror, if not really. Also has a Pac-Man amiibo bonus costume, in case you don't want to take anything seriously.

South Park: The Fractured But... wait. Wait what's the title?! ...Anyway, er, uh, it's a coming to the Switch. It's an RPG based on the show. DLC isn't packed with the game, but that makes sense enough. April 24.

Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (yes, once again!) will launch May 18.

ARMS has an online tournament March 8-18, on the Ranked Match mode. Finalists get an art piece! nice. March 31st also launches another Global Testpunch.

Splatoon 2 has ver.3.0 coming late April! A ton of new gear is being added, as well as stages (like an amusement park) and a new rank - Rank X! uh. Marie also appears in Story mode?!

And, uh. Another thing. Oh hey. Is that playable Octoling, or...? Kinda looks like it.

I don't really like the music for it, any rub.

Actually looks more like an octoling campaign, I guess. Well...both.

Ah. It's DLC. An Expansion Pass.

Agent 8 is the Octoling player, being subjected to testing stuff. Beating the story lets you play as an octoling in online. Available in the summer; if you download it, you immediately get some exclusive gear.

One more announcement! Splatoon related...?  oh hey it's Smash Splats

Splatoon characters in Smash Bros.

There's no subtitle for it or anything. Just that it'll come in 2018.

And we know Link and Mario are in it. I mean, if you had any doubts.

EDIT: As @Cap'n Jack said, this is its own thing, not Smash 4 DLC. Sorry if I caused any confusion!

Not anything I've been super-excited for, but eh, what'chu gonna do. Smash Switch is interesting, but given that we know literally nothing about it but "Inkling newcomers!" (Mario and Link being in don't count, shut up) I can't, as they say, "get hype". Actually, scratch that. Rick's in Star Allies now and that is the best thing ever.

Last edited by Lief Katano on 8th March 2018, 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Nintendo Direct 3/8/18 :: Comments

Meyneth

Post 8th March 2018, 6:23 pm by Meyneth

I just want my Bravely Third.

Back to top Go down

Caprizant

Post 8th March 2018, 6:44 pm by Caprizant

I liked Partners in Time :(

Back to top Go down

Post 8th March 2018, 6:54 pm by Guest

Meyneth wrote:I just want my Bravely Third.
same

Back to top Go down

Meyneth

Post 8th March 2018, 6:58 pm by Meyneth

Agent 8 is the Octoling player, being subjected to testing stuff.
Portal confirmed???????

Back to top Go down

Nopon

Post 8th March 2018, 8:01 pm by Nopon

my wishlist from direct:
Warioware Gold
Dillon
Detective Pikachu
Kirby Star Allies
Okami HD maybe, depends if it has extras
Octopath Traveler
*internal screaming tale*
Little nightmares? maybe
Hyrule Warriors
Octo Expansion
SMASH

Back to top Go down

Lief Katano

Post 8th March 2018, 8:12 pm by Lief Katano

Meyneth wrote:I just want my Bravely Third.
Octopath Traveler is like Bravely Third.

Kind of.

Ish.
Caprizant wrote:I liked Partners in Time :(
cap I regret to inform you

but the test results came back

you are officially "no one"
Meyneth wrote:
Portal confirmed???????
I thought of that

both also use unique guns that help make travel easier for the user

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Back to top Go down

Nopon

Post 8th March 2018, 8:31 pm by Nopon

Sword Dark Matter for Star Allies when?

Back to top Go down

Lief Katano

Post 8th March 2018, 8:35 pm by Lief Katano

man I'd fuckin' love that

Back to top Go down

Cap'n Jack

Post 8th March 2018, 11:00 pm by Cap'n Jack

I totally forgot the Direct was today and was blindsided by a YouTube video in my recommended feed titled “Smash Bros is coming to Nintendo Switch” or something to that effect. This was literally right after clicking on a fake video game OST rip (yeah, I legitimately got SilvaGunner’d CURSE YOU!!!), so I thought “There’s no way that’s for real,” but I clicked and lo and behold...

In your blog post you make it sound like this is DLC for Smash 4, so I wanted to tell everyone what the title of the YouTube upload is. Not sure if this is going to be a new Smash game or an updated rerelease of Smash 4. My money is on a new Smash game though, and that’s SUPER AMAZING EXCITING OMG SO COOL!!!!

Back to top Go down

Lief Katano

Post 8th March 2018, 11:41 pm by Lief Katano

Ack and alas, I have failed at journalism... y u so negative?

Betting on it being a new Smash as well, if for no other reason than I'd feel like they'd have a better title ready if it was a port. :V

Back to top Go down

Greece

Post 9th March 2018, 8:01 am by Greece

Lief Katano wrote:
Meyneth wrote:
Portal confirmed???????
I thought of that

both also use unique guns that help make travel easier for the user

hmmmmmmmmmmm

yOU hAVe my attENTION

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down