Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings: Season 2, Episode 20—Watching the Super Bowl, Polar Bears, Wormsigns, and Charles disemboweling jokool makes for one hell of a weekend

+6
returnofmastercrazyhand
Impossibear
Kaede Akamatsu
Lief Katano
Truthseeker4449
Greece
10 posters

Page 34 of 67 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings: Season 2, Episode 20—Watching the Super Bowl, Polar Bears, Wormsigns, and Charles disemboweling jokool makes for one hell of a weekend - Page 34 Empty Re: Random Ramblings: Season 2, Episode 20—Watching the Super Bowl, Polar Bears, Wormsigns, and Charles disemboweling jokool makes for one hell of a weekend

Post by Lief Katano 25th January 2014, 7:46 pm

So you assumed a Paladin/Knight guy - which typically isn't known for magical prowess - used a spell.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings: Season 2, Episode 20—Watching the Super Bowl, Polar Bears, Wormsigns, and Charles disemboweling jokool makes for one hell of a weekend - Page 34 Empty Re: Random Ramblings: Season 2, Episode 20—Watching the Super Bowl, Polar Bears, Wormsigns, and Charles disemboweling jokool makes for one hell of a weekend

Post by Truthseeker4449 25th January 2014, 7:47 pm

Yeah because I know virtually nothing about Final Fantasy and what I have learned in the past five minutes will be forgotten in the next five hours.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 25th January 2014, 8:01 pm

Never mind that my avatar is coated with heavy armor, which usually does not equate to spellcasting, and I survived due to my brick wall of HP, which is, again, something mages don't really have.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 25th January 2014, 8:03 pm

Depends on the mage and how good their anti-physical barriers are (which at the time of me being run over, were set really low).
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 25th January 2014, 8:04 pm

Coated with heavy armor, not anti-physical barriers, and brick wall of HP, which is not a barrier.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 25th January 2014, 8:38 pm

When you or anyone else says "mages", I don't think Final Fantasy, I think of any humanoid that can use anything that could be reasonably called magic.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 25th January 2014, 8:41 pm

...in other news, a aircraft carrier is immune to wind magic, but an earth-based attack works on it just fine.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 25th January 2014, 8:56 pm

Lief Katano wrote:...

...in other news, a aircraft carrier is immune to wind magic, but an earth-based attack works on it just fine.
Here's my thoughts on that.

The carrier can be immune to wind because standard operating procedure is to sail into the wind when recovering and launching aircraft. This was especially important during the prop age where the planes needed as much lift as they could get and headwinds help a lot with that. Even modern airliners take off into the wind. On the flip side, a tailwind will rob planes of lift.

The latter is likely from how bad it is to run aground in most types of ships. Such an event often results in the loss of the ship (usually meaning the ship is uneconomical to repair or the ship is beaten to bits by the surf) or it's cargo, though many captains have attempted to beach their ship when they are already in dire situations, with varying degrees of success and failure.

Last edited by Truthseeker4449 on 25th January 2014, 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Slight error, some ships can be beached perfectly fine.)
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 25th January 2014, 9:08 pm

Point taken on the wind-attack thing, but the earth-based attack makes no sense, 'cause it doesn't bring them out of the air. The sole earth attack in the game is basically Earthquake from Pokémon (hell, it's called Quake).
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 25th January 2014, 9:11 pm

Earthquakes are well known to cause tidal waves that can damage large ships. Though this does mostly happen closer to shore where the water is shallow enough for the effect to happen.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 25th January 2014, 9:14 pm

But this isn't a ship. It's an...

...wait, shit. Aircraft carriers are ships. Whoops.

...erm, the game calls it a skytank, so...it's a skytank?
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 25th January 2014, 9:23 pm

The skyarmy.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25th January 2014, 9:44 pm

Lief Katano wrote:But this isn't a ship. It's an...

...wait, shit. Aircraft carriers are ships. Whoops.

...erm, the game calls it a skytank, so...it's a skytank?

You gotta learn to clarify stuff. :I

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 67 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next