Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Arcade [v5]

+12
Lief Katano
Princess
Truthseeker4449
Dragel
Caprizant
returnofmastercrazyhand
Cap'n Jack
Burnin' Bunnies
TheCapsFan
Apocrypha
Nopon
Meyneth
16 posters

Page 18 of 72 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 45 ... 72  Next

Go down

The Galactic Arcade [v5] - Page 18 Empty Re: The Galactic Arcade [v5]

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 21st July 2016, 12:47 am

When you do get a PS3, Journey is a no-brainer, especially if you're already thinking of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.

Also, from my limited over-the-shoulder experience with NewEgg, it's pretty good. I only knew about computer stuff though, I didn't know it did consoles.
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

: In your gaze where I'm seen. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 21st July 2016, 11:19 am

Journey is supposed to be an on-line game, though, isn't it? I can't do anything on-line, my Internet is not nearly at that level.

Speaking of which, I'm interested in Telltale's upcoming Batman game, which is getting a physical release but y'all know how Telltale works, the disc has Chapter 1 on it and the rest will be uploaded digitally. I wonder if my Internet could even handle something like that, I have downloaded plenty of 3DS games on this terrible Internet, with some acrobatics, but I don't know about PS3.

returnofmastercrazyhand wrote:okay jack, a fat ps2 can play ALL ps2 games, but in some cases it need the HDD peripheral, which came bundled with final fantasy XI, which now has servers shut down.
slim removed that issue.
if I were you I'd get a slim ps2 and a slim ps3, and wait to see if there's a slim ps4 coming out, because the ps4 failure rate is higher than the fat ps3 and the original 360 COMBINED.

I was unaware of this HDD peripheral, if that's an option then it sounds right up my alley when I have the money to spare. My PS2 works decently well, it's not going off the fritz like Jokool's is, it's just that I'd like to play some of the games I own that are on double-layered discs and stuff. (I was heartbroken to learn that the special edition of Metal Gear Solid 2 that I bought is a double-layered disc which my PS2 can't read, so I had to trade it in for the standard edition.) I will abandon my plan to get the fat PS3 and try to get a newer model, thank you for the input. You probably saved me a few trips to the "FUCK YOU TECHNOLOGY" thread!
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Myers-Briggs Type : Someti

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 21st July 2016, 4:36 pm

The only "online" experience in Journey is meeting a fellow companion. It can be played without any online interaction (not meeting anyone and just taking the Journey by yourself), but that kinda lessens the entire experience a bit. Regardless, you are only with one other player at a time, it's not like a huge multiplayer game.

I'd say still give it a try. I don't think you need an amazing internet connection to play. Then again, I may not be the best input for that, because I do have some pretty sweet internet.
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

: In your gaze where I'm seen. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 21st July 2016, 7:01 pm

oh, you're having the dual layer disc issue.
never mind, only certain fat models released after 2002 can play those games, the wii had a similar issue with dual layer discs from before holiday 2007.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 26th July 2016, 1:01 pm

hell yeah, the biggest "I told you so" I've had since december 21st 2012.
suck my dick people who thought this was the successor to the wii u.
if anything it's the 3ds successor!
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 26th July 2016, 1:05 pm

the best part is that it said it has less power than the ps4, confirming it's a 3ds successor.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 26th July 2016, 1:14 pm

It's still a rumor. :V

That said, if it is true, it's definitely interesting. Being a handheld that can jack in to a TV is neato, and at least gives it an excuse for being less powerful than the PS4 (and is still decently powerful, given that Zelda U will be on it).

I'd still somewhat argue it's a successor to the Wii U, though, if in concept at most (due to it being able to play console-level games when the TV isn't available).

That said, though, it sounds like it will only have one screen, so rip dual screens, you were pretty cool.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th July 2016, 7:40 pm

Okay, from what I've seen, it doesn't sound like a 3ds successor, or a Wii u successor. It sounds like a portable Wii u.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 26th July 2016, 10:41 pm

It's weird how Nintendo is blurring the line as to whether this is meant to be the successor to the Wii U or the 3DS. I couldn't tell you. If the new Zelda game is gonna be on both Wii U and NX, then that points to hardware that's closer to a Wii U than a 3DS. I really just don't know what to make of this.
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 26th July 2016, 10:45 pm

Forgot to mention that I'm gonna be streaming tomorrow afternoon probs around 6 eastern time
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess 26th July 2016, 11:48 pm

Cap'n Jack wrote:

Princess wrote:

Also, I finished Resident Evil Revelations.

I very much liked it. Kind of survival horror in the beginning, more action near the middle to the end, but I didn't mind that. It had great graphics for a 3DS game, but that's to be expected since it was released for other platforms as well (though graphics aren't that important to me). Definitely worth $20 for a 3DS game. I'm getting through raid mode, but I'm so flipping happy I finally finished this game. I hate having unfinished games around. Overall, it interested me in the Resident Evil franchise and I will definitely give the remastered original Resident Evil a go when I can.

Around Halloween last year Revelations on sale for five dollars, so I couldn't pass that up. I still haven't even unwrapped it... :P I have played the demo however, and I would agree that it is probably the best-looking game on 3DS. It's just stunning how good that game looks. I look forward to actually playing through my copy some day, when I'm not sinking all of my time into Shin Megami Tensei and Zero Escape. I especially look forward to Jill Valentine squeaking around in that leather get-up the whole game, too

For now...I'd like to finish Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker once and for all....I'm tingling with anticipation because it seems like I still have a long way to go on that game.  

If you tell me where you are in the game, I can tell you how far you are into it. I spent about 75 hours with the game, and I haven't even touched the epilogue chapter yet! I plan on going back to it to play that epilogue, but I have other games to focus on at the moment. Devil Survivor 2 is an excellent game just by virtue of being a Shin Megami Tensei game, though I still think Persona does everything it does better.

Sorry, I've meant to respond to this for a while, but I never got around to it because I was intimidated with having to delete text and such.

Well, I played through the game on casual (it's the first game I've played that's remotely similar to a first-person shooter game, even though I am aware it doesn't even fall into that genre) and finished it in about 9-10 hours. So it really doesn't take up too much of your time. I wish I had these kinds of games to play as a kid because I feel like they'd be great to play travelling somewhere or whatever. I know that a lot of people don't like how Resident Evil has become more of an action RPG/FPS rather than a survival horror game, but I don't mind. I don't have a problem with a franchise growing up and expanding its genre. I mean, at least the beginning is kind of survival horror-ish. I will probably at some point replay it on a harder difficulty since it isn't a long game and one could definitely 100% it (I'm horrible, I'm one of those people that likes to 100% games if it seems within reach).

And yes, Jill's butt looks great and very lifted. I have to say, I think Jill is a great example of how a character can very sexy without it being overt (and I'm talking about how she is presented in the other Resident Evil games as well). I just wish they would agree on a facial model for her...

They also introduce another character named Jessica. I objectively liked her outfit, it's pretty hot, but I didn't like it in the context of the game. It seemed out of place to me, given Jill's getup.

As for Record Breaker, I think I'm like 20 something hours in the game. I'll check where I am and update you/Lief on the exact part of the story I'm on when I get around to doing that.

Princess
Princess

Myers-Briggs Type : INTJ-A

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 27th July 2016, 12:30 am

Princess wrote:Sorry, I've meant to respond to this for a while, but I never got around to it because I was intimidated with having to delete text and such.

No worries. Next!

Well, I played through the game on casual (it's the first game I've played that's remotely similar to a first-person shooter game, even though I am aware it doesn't even fall into that genre) and finished it in about 9-10 hours. So it really doesn't take up too much of your time. I wish I had these kinds of games to play as a kid because I feel like they'd be great to play travelling somewhere or whatever. I know that a lot of people don't like how Resident Evil has become more of an action RPG/FPS rather than a survival horror game, but I don't mind. I don't have a problem with a franchise growing up and expanding its genre. I mean, at least the beginning is kind of survival horror-ish. I will probably at some point replay it on a harder difficulty since it isn't a long game and one could definitely 100% it (I'm horrible, I'm one of those people that likes to 100% games if it seems within reach).

I forget, is "Casual" what they call the default difficulty? The demo I played had two difficulties, default and "Hell". Was that default called "Casual"? That doesn't sound right, going straight from "Casual" to "Hell", but hey, horror games exist to kick your ass. I remember vividly how much I struggled with the demo on "Hell" mode AND I NEVER EVEN BEAT IT!!!!! UGHHARRUGHHH!!!

As for length, these days I basically just take any number that people give me, and assume that my time is going to be double that. Like, seriously, I am not a good person to ask about the length of a game because I seem to always take double what others do (I hope I didn't scare you away from Devil Survivor 2 with that 75 hours number! Sorry ) I really don't know what it is that makes me take so long! I would definitely describe myself as the type of player who'll "stop to smell the roses", as it were, but it's disgusting how big the discrepancy is between me and most people. 9-10 hours is nothing to me at this point, my bloated brain finds it hard to even comprehend how a game can be started and finished in 10 hours. Confused I might just start up Revelations in the middle of everything else I'm playing, now that you've given me that number. I have been itching for some visceral, bloody, monster-beating type of stuff lately.

And yes, Jill's butt looks great and very lifted. I have to say, I think Jill is a great example of how a character can very sexy without it being overt (and I'm talking about how she is presented in the other Resident Evil games as well). I just wish they would agree on a facial model for her...

They also introduce another character named Jessica. I objectively liked her outfit, it's pretty hot, but I didn't like it in the context of the game. It seemed out of place to me, given Jill's getup.

You said it! Honestly, this is one of the things I feel strongly about in video games (as well as cartoons and stuff) that I usually keep to myself for fear of being called a muhsoggyknees woman-objectifier. I don't know what compels so many character designers to give every woman like DDDD boobs and have them wear a bikini 24/7, that type of thing is so ludicrous that it doesn't even do anything for me. Funny enough, a perfect example of this "female character design gone wrong" is Devil Survivor 2. You know Fumi, the half-Chinese Japanese computer whiz who also has ginormous boobs and walks around in a dress that shows off her yams? Or what about Io, the shy Japanese high-schooler who also has ginormous boobs that look like they're about to pop right out of her uniform? Or what about Hinako, the glasses-wearing orange-haired Japanese dancer who also has ginormous boobs and basically wears nothing that could be described as an actual article of clothing? The tragic thing is that Shin Megami Tensei is usually very good at designing female characters who look like actual people (and therefore I find much more attractive), it's just that Devil Survivor's character designer is Suzuhito Yasuda, whose designed are far less restrained (i.e. believable) than series regulars like Kazuma Kaneko and especially Shigenori Soejima, the master of making female characters who look like real people (examples of two top-tier waifus from Soejima).

As for Record Breaker, I think I'm like 20 something hours in the game. I'll check where I am and update you/Lief on the exact part of the story I'm on when I get around to doing that.

Do it! Anything to be chatting with you again. Good times. We're on opposite coasts and we're both living that college life, so it's pretty inconvenient, but I can do enough talking about SMT to make up for all of that lost time. Googly Eyes
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 27th July 2016, 1:14 am

As a reminder, we do have a Shin Megami Tensei thread (the Cathedral of Shadows).
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~

Back to top Go down

Post by Meyneth 27th July 2016, 5:04 pm

@Nopon Stream going as planned?
Meyneth
Meyneth

: Let's Be Heroes!