Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smash Direct - 12/15/15

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Smash Direct - 12/15/15 Empty Smash Direct - 12/15/15

Greetings! As usual, I'm Lief Katano, and I'm here bringing the information from the latest and lastest Smash Nintendo Direct directly to you! Yes, that's right - it's the final Smash-specific broadcast. We've come so far, haven't we? From the initial announcement of Mega Man, all the way to Roy and Ryu joining the fray...

But this is it. This Direct will most likely contain the last major information for Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U.

And are you ready? Because here here here we go!

Smash logo cuts in. I lag. Goddamn it. Thankfully I'm using my Trusty Chromebook this time, so I can just move upstairs, closer to the source.

And I refreshed, meaning I lost a bit of it. gg me

There seems to be an uproar in the chat on who just got revealed. Or maybe it's Cloud. Idfk.

I...think it's Corrin? From a quick pop-in on Miiverse? I think the stream crashed - I checked Twitch and it fared no better.

Ah, so it is Corrin. He (though, like Robin, he has a female alt) seems to have a special gimmick where he can transform and stick his weapon into the ground, sticking him and any opponent unlucky enough to be struck with him in place. This lets him follow up with an attack.

Aaaaaaaand the stream lagged again. Why did I think this would be a good idea

Aaaaaaand now I got back, where we're on Cloud. His Gimmick is using the Limit Break meter to power himself up, using his down special and maybe getting hit, ala Final Fantasy VII? It'd be more useful then.

His neutral special is Blade Beam - a sword beam. You can use it in both the air and on the ground, but the grounded version is better. The Limit version has it deal more hits.

Side special is Cross Slash - an up-to-three-hit attack. Limit version ups power and knockback.

Up special is Climhazzard - a recovery move that you can follow up with a downward strike. The Limit version increases the height of the attack even more.

Down special charges his Limit Meter, as said previously. But Lief, you say, what if you already filled the Limit Meter and use your Down Special? Well, then you'll use Finishing Touch.

It deals 1% damage.

But anyone who played Final Fantasy VII is aware of its instant-kill properties, and that remains true here. Connect with Finishing Touch, and your opponent will be subjected to a ton of knockback.

Cloud's Final Smash is, obviously, Omnislash. It's basically Ike's Great Aether, but since Cloud actually had the move in his home game, we can forgive him for it.

On the Midgar Battlefield, you can collect Summon Materia to summon...summon beasts to kill everything.

Ramuh is pronounced Ra-moo. Huh. He electrifies terrain to kill stuff. Summoner is safe, everyone else isn't.

Odin, as per usual, cuts everything in half. Get attacked, you're instantly killed.

Leviathan summons currents. If you get swept away, you add points to the summoner's count.

Bahamut ZERO launches a laser beam. Same deal - you get hit, you pay points to the summoner. That applied to all Summon Monsters.

There's also Ifrit but he's lame. Ramuh is at least a bearded old man of awesome.

You can still summon stuff in the 3DS version. Yay!

Nomura also made Cloud's NEW CHALLENGER artwork. Cloud's available later today. YAY He costs $5.99 for one version and $6.99 for both.

Geno is available as a Mii Fighter! His Mii Fighter is like I imagined, but with a nose. Also: I can feel the salt of Geno fans.

Final Mii Fighter costumes: Geno, as stated (Gunner), Chocobo (as previously stated, Hat) Bionic Armor in Feburary for...gunner? Ashley for swordfighter women, Gil for Swordfighter males (from Tower of Druaga), Tails, Knuckles (gunner/brawler males).

Reminder that there's QR Codes for Mii Fighters, to really capture the feel of the original characters.

The last fighter announcement! Get hyped!

Opening.

Uh, Pit beats stuff up. Kid Icarus-related?

Er. No.

Oh.

It's

uh

Bayonetta.

...Bayonetta gets wicked.

I don't.

What. Daaahck?

I mean, of all of the M-rated characters, we had to chose the character who is defined by being sexy...?

Her original design is available as an alt.

And we finally hit lag again! Great. It didn't last that long, though. Yay? My internet is a perv.

She's confirmed as the winner of the Smash Ballot, being the #1 "realistic fighter option", and pure #1 voted in Europe.

All of her attacks can chain into natural combos. You can hold the A button to use her gun attacks. And also killsteal.

She also can summon demons (smash attacks), and use Witch Time. Witch Time will slow enemies down, and works like a counter attack. The slowdown effect increases as more damage is accumulated, and decreases as it is used.

I...her up special lets her still use her midair jump, and you can use it after you use your midair jump, even if you used it before it. Jesus Christ, I know you want people to buy her, but you shouldn't make her overpowered...!

Her Final Smash has her damage opponents to fill up a gauge, and then follow up with a demon chewing the fighters she attacked when the gauge is full. If, at the end of the attack, the opponent has 100% or more damage, they're KO'd. 

God I hate Bayonetta. She's coming out February 2016, like Corrin.

Roy, Ryu, and FamiRob will be released March 18.

Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta will also get amiibo figures, shock and awe.

There's a whole lot of stuff in the 3DS and Wii U versions. The end of the direct underlines and highlights that.

Sakurai thanks us. God bless you, you glorious bastard. ...Except for Bayonetta. I do not approve of Bayonetta.

Anyway, that's the end of the Nintendo Direct, and of all Smash announcements! Ever! Until the NX version, probably. Either way, this is Lief Katano, signing out!
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Smash Direct - 12/15/15 :: Comments

Post 15th December 2015, 5:47 pm by Guest

A sword fighter, more info about another sword fighter, a ton of shit costumes, and Bayonetta.

So basically, literally nothing interesting. That was 33 minutes of my life I'm never getting back.

Back to top Go down

Greece

Post 15th December 2015, 5:51 pm by Greece

I was really hoping we'd get some interesting characters... Disgust

Oh well...

Back to top Go down

Nopon

Post 15th December 2015, 5:58 pm by Nopon

Love how different their fighting styles are when compared to other characters, though I gotta see more corrin...

Back to top Go down

Burnin' Bunnies

Post 15th December 2015, 6:02 pm by Burnin' Bunnies

Eh, I'd play Bayonetta. She OP.

To be real though, she does have a very unique movepool, which is awesome.

I didn't get to see much of Corrin because I was moving my drum set. :U It had literally started when mom wanted me to do so.

Back to top Go down

Lief Katano

Post 15th December 2015, 6:04 pm by Lief Katano

Charles wrote:A sword fighter, more info about another sword fighter,
I'm taking offense with this part.

Yes, they're sword fighters. They still have unique movepools.

Back to top Go down

Nopon

Post 15th December 2015, 6:10 pm by Nopon

Corrin is more melee with his Dragon transformations

Back to top Go down

Post 15th December 2015, 6:10 pm by Guest

I haven't seen any footage, but Bayonetta in Smash sounds awesome! More interested in Smash now!

And you gotta admit that Bayonetta does makes sense since Bayonetta 2 came out as a Wii U exclusive.

Back to top Go down

Lief Katano

Post 15th December 2015, 6:19 pm by Lief Katano

I'm not saying that *doesn't* make sense.

I'm just confused with her sexiness.

Back to top Go down

Meyneth

Post 15th December 2015, 6:28 pm by Meyneth

I think that this art was shown during the stream, but I wantted to share:

Back to top Go down

Post 15th December 2015, 7:24 pm by Guest

Lief Katano wrote:
Charles wrote:A sword fighter, more info about another sword fighter,
I'm taking offense with this part.

Yes, they're sword fighters. They still have unique movepools.
Don't get me wrong, Corrin looks awesome and is definitely gonna be one of my mains, but there's no way around the fact that there are now like 12 fucking sword fighters.

Back to top Go down

Greece

Post 15th December 2015, 7:26 pm by Greece

The fire emblem reps are starting to pile up... Not that I hate any of them, but still...

Back to top Go down

Post 15th December 2015, 7:32 pm by Guest

I mean, if they wanted to put in another Fire Emblem character, they should have at least picked one that DOESN'T USE A FREAKING SWORD.

Back to top Go down

Greece

Post 15th December 2015, 7:45 pm by Greece

Stahl for smash plz

Back to top Go down

Lief Katano

Post 15th December 2015, 8:48 pm by Lief Katano

Stahl rides a horse.

That seems a bit incompatible with Smash.

Also Smash favors Lord/Avatar characters, which is understandable because they're the guys who make the most impact on the plot and are mandatory for the game to exist.

It just happens that all Lords are sword-users. (Robin uses sword, but the more iconic part of his moveset involves the tomes.)

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next