Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jokool and the console wars

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

jokool and the console wars Empty jokool and the console wars

So, as I mentioned last night in the Galactic Arcade, I was chatting on DN with Truth, Lux, Lief, Chibi, and Gusto. The topic of consoles came up, and I was rambling a bit about which one's I've gotten and which one's I've considered getting over the years. I thought it might make a good blog subject, so here goes!

Now, way back when I was a kid, I didn't really think about which console I wanted. I was pretty happy with whatever my family had gotten me, though I think I did ask for a GBC and Pokémon Gold when they first came out. But yeah, most of the time, my mom would just send me one of her old consoles without me even asking, and I was happy with it.

What I've gotten over the years:

Okay, wow, just looked over that first part... Didn't realize that I had made it so long... I guess I like to ramble a bit... Sorry

So yeah, TL;DR, I've owned a few consoles over the years, had quite a few games, and missed out on some great games, but that's the past, and I can always check out Vizzed or try some other emulator if I want to go back in time. Now for the future:

What I've considered getting over the past couple of years:

...Geez, that was super long as well.... But boy, I've been wanting to get that all out and it felt good to do so!

But anyway: TL;DR, I'm going between getting a PS4 and a better computer, with maybe a side of Wii U (though, I think I will just stick to the 3DS for my Nintendo fix).

I doubt any of you guys will actually read through all of this, but I'd love to hear from you guys about your opinions on the current consoles/pc master race. Dreaming I'd also appreciate any advice you guys might have for me.

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

jokool and the console wars :: Comments

Truthseeker4449

Post 13th October 2015, 2:33 pm by Truthseeker4449

Speaking of Console Wars, I think I saw something the other day on the Know that the XBox has officially admitted defeat.

Back to top Go down

Post 13th October 2015, 2:50 pm by Guest

Yup, pretty much. I mean, given the fact that the Xbox One would almost have to double its sales to simply catch up to the Playstation 4, and the fact that it's been a couple of years since both were first released, I think it's safe to say that Xbox has been defeated, and they know it.

here's the video btw:

Back to top Go down

Lief Katano

Post 13th October 2015, 3:07 pm by Lief Katano

Smash Bros. is the only Wii U game that has a 3DS counterpart. 

The other games you mentioned are pretty different.

Back to top Go down

Post 13th October 2015, 3:24 pm by Guest

But still, they've got quite a few similarities (Mario 3D land and 3D world are just two slightly different 3D mario games, Mario Kart 7 and 8 are just two slightly different racing games, and New Super Mario Bros. 2/U are just two slightly different side scrolling Mario games).

Back to top Go down

Nopon

Post 13th October 2015, 3:49 pm by Nopon

-bites tongue- I do think counting not having much of a future going forward as a con when so far those are the only consoles you've had a lil bit hypocritical

Also you are a perfect subject for doing blind let's plays! If only you were better at improv D:

But yeah, for your tastes I'd say go pc

-walks off screen and can be heard shouting at interns-

Back to top Go down

Post 13th October 2015, 4:10 pm by Guest

I'm either misreading that first bit, or I just don't understand what you mean... Confused

I do love a good blind run! And if only... jokool and the console wars Desperate2-onion-head-emoticon

Hmmm... Yeah, I guess you're right, especially given my financial situation. But I still like the PS4 exclusives and want to try them...

Back to top Go down

Katuna Makata

Post 14th October 2015, 2:15 am by Katuna Makata

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Meyneth

Post 14th October 2015, 11:01 am by Meyneth

Currently The PS4 isn't backwards compatible, just incase you didn't know that. If you do get a PS4 then please join us in tales Heck with Tales of Zestiria.

If you do get a PS3 then there is a nice Chunk of tales games on that one

Back to top Go down

Post 14th October 2015, 2:05 pm by Guest

Khaki Makoto wrote:
(like a duplicate game, or just a really lousy game my mom got on sale for me)
Gotta love when that happened

that conflicting feeling you get when you don't want to hurt the person's feelings because they were thinking of you
but at the same time it seems like they didn't pay attention to your interests at all and thought you'd be happy with any videogame when there's a rich and diverse market out there (unless I'm assuming too much here and you expressed interest in those lousy games prior to playing them No disrespect to your mom; My parents have gotten me movie tie-in games in the past because I enjoyed the movies despite voicing no interest in the games and it was like "um, thank you, but i'm probably never going to play this...")
Nah, my mom just used to buy me video games whenever she saw one on sale, then save it back for Christmas or my birthday. Didn't matter if I wanted it or not, if it was cheap, I guess she figured it would be good enough. Dreaming My aunt has been doing as well lately, though, she'll sometimes ask if I've been wanting it or would be interested in it before actually buying it. But, nowadays, my mom doesn't buy me many video games since I'm an adult now (but I'm still a spoiled kid at heart and still want lots of gifts (thanks for turning me into the monster I am today mom! CURSE YOU!!!)).

No disrespect taken. I've done the same thing as well, and even came up with a clever excuse when I sold some of the games she had gotten me recently. She's a sucker for animals, so when I told her I use the money I had gotten from the games to buy dog food for our dog, she had a change of heart.

I had one other game for the Wii called Off Shore Tycoon, which I no longer have because it was....weird...and also made me hurt from the crazy mini games that it had using the motion controls...
The illegal shenanigans of an ex-Rollercoaster Tycoon?
Probably. Dreaming

I doubt any of you guys will actually read through all of this, but I'd love to hear from you guys about your opinions on the current consoles/pc master race. Dreaming I'd also appreciate any advice you guys might have for me.
Alas, I have none, other than getting a PS3 or PS4 because that's what I'm considering too. [/nobias]
Spoiler:
Sony master race? Laughing

And yes, I will get around to playing the Silent Hill games eventually.

Meyneth wrote:Currently The PS4 isn't backwards compatible, just incase you didn't know that. If you do get a PS4 then please join us in tales Heck with Tales of Zestiria.

If you do get a PS3 then there is a nice Chunk of tales games on that one
Yeah, I remember that bit, but I forgot to post about that being a small negative. Definitely still considering picking up some Tales games eventually, though, I'm still not sure where to start...

Back to top Go down

Truthseeker4449

Post 14th October 2015, 2:24 pm by Truthseeker4449

Personally I would buy a PS3 for my next console. Shouldn't be too hard to find a used one at a good price in a couple months. Then somehow keep it running for another ten years :P

Back to top Go down

Post 14th October 2015, 2:26 pm by Guest

Yeah, I have thought about checking local pawn shops and stuff for cheap consoles, but I do worry that they'll just die on me if the previous owner didn't take good care of it...

Back to top Go down

Nopon

Post 14th October 2015, 2:38 pm by Nopon

That's why I'll just rig my laptop to be able to run/read ps1/2 disks and buy the games :D

Back to top Go down

Meyneth

Post 14th October 2015, 2:51 pm by Meyneth

You can Start with any Tales game, as long as it's not a Sequel,(Like Xillia 2 or Dawn of the new world.) Since you have a 3DS I would recommend Tales of the Abyss on the 3DS, But don't use the 3D since it's terrible. It's how me and Greece got started.

Back to top Go down

Post 14th October 2015, 2:59 pm by Guest

How many Tales games are on PS1/PS2? I can play those at least.

Also, since I have a 2DS, there won't be any 3D issues for me. Dreaming

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next