Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What game(s) are you playing?

+13
varia
returnofmastercrazyhand
Meyneth
Apocrypha
Katuna Makata
Sword Master
Critical Sass
Lief Katano
Princess
Cap'n Jack
TheCapsFan
Burnin' Bunnies
Caprizant
17 posters

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

What game(s) are you playing? - Page 7 Empty Re: What game(s) are you playing?

Post by Caprizant 5th June 2016, 4:37 pm

Currently playing Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds again. No hero mode, just a vanilla adventure. :B

Just saved my fourth Sage. So far my dungeon order has been Thieves' Hideout ==> Swamp Palace ==> Skull Woods ==> Desert Palace. I've bought all the equipment except for the Fire Rod.

Probably going to finish off with Ice Ruins ==> Dark Palace ==> Turtle Rock, followed by some trekking around for collectibles and stuff before finishing the main adventure.
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

: Fresh Start! :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocrypha 5th June 2016, 4:41 pm

I have that game. I'm still in the first dungeon.

I'm starting to blow the dust off of FE: Awakening because I'm too poor to afford Fates. I created a male avatar for whatever reason, and I think I'm gonna ship him with Tiki. Dunsparce Approves
Apocrypha
Apocrypha

: What am I doing :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 5th June 2016, 5:11 pm

I've been playing Awakening as well! This is my second play through, but I've never actually finished the game because I accidentally DELETED MY FIRST FILE TWO LEVELS BEFORE THE END UGGH
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

: In your gaze where I'm seen. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 5th June 2016, 5:21 pm

Megaman legacy collection, trying to finish 2-6 this month and I've finished 2 but 3 is kicking me around
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5th June 2016, 5:50 pm

*looks at play time on Steam*

*points to theme as answer to thread question*

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 5th June 2016, 6:12 pm

Currently I'm trying to complete Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey's Neutral route.

Recently I threw my hands up in disgust and created a demon password for a Fafnir that Repels Ice and Elec attacks (covering up its weaknesses), Charge, and Phys Amp.

Fuck the final boss.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 5th June 2016, 6:22 pm

I'm currently getting through The World Ends With You, Persona 4, and Shin Megami Tensei IV.

Persona 4 has been an excellent game up until the point which decides the ending you get, and I got the bad ending. I'm glad to report that you're not allowed to save the game after getting the bad ending so you have to go back and get the good ending (or the bad ending again I guess), but other than that, the whole sequence is kinda handled in a clunky, unintuitive manner, and the bad ending itself is disappointing, as it should be, but in other ways than could be excused by "that's how it's supposed to feel!!!!" Anyway, that sequence has kinda cemented in my mind that I really do think Persona 3 is better. That's not saying much because I like Persona 3 more than, well, every other game ever.

SMT IV is a good game except for how much of its combat is chance-based. Getting a critical hit and missing an attack are things that are typically random and that's fine, it's typical for SMT too, but then there's whether or not you get a Smirk on top of a critical hit, whether or not the boss goes first for no reason at all, and which partner you get paired with, which can potentially do you more harm than good. The fact is that I'm being put in situations where I'm saving the game every five seconds, and restarting the game rather than wasting my time inevitably losing if the randomness is too cheap, and that's not fun. I hope the upcoming sequel is less frustrating in this manner.

The World Ends With You has been consistently excellent the entire way through. The biggest complaint I could think of is that both the game-play and the plot are very dense and complicated, but not excessively so, at least for me, and that's honestly a good thing, even if it is sometimes overwhelming. Might be my favorite of the bunch that I'm playing at the moment.
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Myers-Briggs Type : Someti

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 5th June 2016, 6:36 pm

Minecraft and Train Simulator are my main ones right now.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 5th June 2016, 6:42 pm

Cap'n Jack wrote:I hope the upcoming sequel is less frustrating in this manner.
Not sure about "boss moving first", but "harmful partners" is definitely fixed in the sequel, because you can choose to not use the fire guy against the boss that nulls Fire. Random encounters are still a problem, but again, nothing too bad. Smirk's still there, but how much it's a negative presence depends on if you take demons weak to a boss or not, given that, again, your partners are controlled by you this time, and you honestly suck if your strategy requires you to Smirk.

Actually I don't remember having much of a problem with the partners at all, outside of the Minotaur fight. :U

I still vastly, vastly prefer Shin Megami Tensei IV's system to Strange Journey's, though, given that it's not a game over if the main character dies. Combine this with the fact that you can't save anywhere and you can't barter with Charon for a revive, and... Yeah, screw that noise.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 5th June 2016, 7:32 pm

Lief Katano wrote:
Not sure about "boss moving first", but "harmful partners" is definitely fixed in the sequel, because you can choose to not use the fire guy against the boss that nulls Fire. Random encounters are still a problem, but again, nothing too bad. Smirk's still there, but how much it's a negative presence depends on if you take demons weak to a boss or not, given that, again, your partners are controlled by you this time, and you honestly suck if your strategy requires you to Smirk.

Actually I don't remember having much of a problem with the partners at all, outside of the Minotaur fight. :U

I still vastly, vastly prefer Shin Megami Tensei IV's system to Strange Journey's, though, given that it's not a game over if the main character dies. Combine this with the fact that you can't save anywhere and you can't barter with Charon for a revive, and... Yeah, screw that noise.

Whoa, Strange Journey is a MCKOGO? Freakin' SMT I lets you run around outside of battle with a dead protagonist! Your COMP stops working and you can't negotiate with demons and stuff when that happens, it was really funny.

Being able to choose your partners is a godsend, Atlus nailed it, the perfect solution. What I'm mostly concerned about is how the Smirk is being handled. That's a feature that I couldn't possibly tell you how to improve, but hopefully Atlus has given it some thought. That, and the world map, which I've heard is being labeled and stuff for us ignorant baka gaijin who don't know which way goes to Sendagaya from Shibuya.

I finally bit the bullet and pre-ordered the game yesterday, so I hope it's $50 worth of improvements!
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Myers-Briggs Type : Someti

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 5th June 2016, 8:04 pm

Cap'n Jack wrote:
Lief Katano wrote:

Whoa, Strange Journey is a MCKOGO? Freakin' SMT I lets you run around outside of battle with a dead protagonist! Your COMP stops working and you can't negotiate with demons and stuff when that happens, it was really funny.

Being able to choose your partners is a godsend, Atlus nailed it, the perfect solution. What I'm mostly concerned about is how the Smirk is being handled. That's a feature that I couldn't possibly tell you how to improve, but hopefully Atlus has given it some thought. That, and the world map, which I've heard is being labeled and stuff for us ignorant baka gaijin who don't know which way goes to Sendagaya from Shibuya.

I finally bit the bullet and pre-ordered the game yesterday, so I hope it's $50 worth of improvements!
I mean, on the one hand it makes an amount of sense since SJ's MC is the only human in the party, so it's at least better than Persona 3 and 4 in that regard. Contrast with SMTI, which tended to let you have at least one other human in the party at the time.

On the other hand, it's a massive pain in the ass still.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 16th June 2016, 8:45 pm

Replaying Pokémon White and will probably move onto White 2 as soon as I'm done. I've just left Castelia City and I'm on the sandstorm route.

Current team:

Ganon the Pignite — Male — Level 25
Harriet the Herdier — Female — Level 24
Lily the Lilligant — Female — Level 24

I'm loving it so far. There's a lot about the game that I don't remember. I'm getting a greater appreciation for Gen V this time around. I wasn't the biggest fan of the Unova region or its Pokémon, but I loved the plot of White.

Now I'm looking deeper into some of the Pokémon that I glossed over when the games came out, such as Lilligant, and I'm starting to appreciate some of the nice touches to Unova that I ignored because I was too busy focusing on the negatives. And I'm reminded of how brilliantly paced the plot was compared to other Pokémon games.
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Meyneth 16th June 2016, 9:29 pm

Glad to see that I'm not the only one to name Tepig Ganon
Meyneth
Meyneth

: Let's Be Heroes!

Myers-Briggs Type : ENFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 16th June 2016, 9:33 pm

I realized that Emboar reminded me of some character and then I was like oh!!! oh!!! oh!!!
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 16th June 2016, 9:33 pm

Snazz gave me her copy of Tomodachi Life (because even though I was the one who introduced them to the game, Snazz and Valk git copies instead of me), so I've been playing that the past two days!
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

: In your gaze where I'm seen. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next