Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Make a Game

+5
Caprizant
Truthseeker4449
returnofmastercrazyhand
Greece
Lief Katano
9 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Make a Game - Page 6 Empty Re: How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Make a Game

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 25th August 2014, 9:28 pm

I laughed at it though.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Make a Game - Page 6 Empty Re: How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Make a Game

Post by Truthseeker4449 25th August 2014, 10:03 pm

I can't find it funny when I can't understand it and the reason I can't understand it is because I don't know who said what.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 25th August 2014, 10:29 pm

Space devil is the one saying second and last lines, but sure who g should say the others :p
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 26th August 2014, 3:37 pm

the other people would depend on what point and where the exchanged happened.

Also I was thinking if Lima really doesn't want to be a healer, that and the fact that we only have one healer and a bunch of characters, I have a script we can use for auto-healing after battle, like Final Fantasy 13, or with the same script we could have it restore percentages after battles, a little more difficult but I could figure it out. One other thing I was wondering is if we want to keep the battle animation the way it is or change it. I have scripts to make it more like the older Final Fantasy games (the actors and monsters are one screen and have attacking animations.
Greece
Greece

: See A Man About A Dog :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 26th August 2014, 11:07 pm

Just realized, why not make Charles the healer?
Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 27th August 2014, 7:16 am

If you get him to agree with it.
Greece
Greece

: See A Man About A Dog :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 27th August 2014, 12:39 pm

I'd at the very least like some more confirmations on my character ideas so I can go on with the story outline ;-;

though I'm trying to decide which of the 4 groups would be best to start with:
Lief and romch arriving into this new world and discovering the resort part(water cooler)

Lima sneaking onto the planet and finding Lux's egg(encountering one or two emotes to fight, or watch them easily defeat a monster she had trouble with) and learning about why this place is accessible from most dimensions

Bunny and Greece landing on the planet and learning they have no gas then have a little fight between the two(actually think this should go first, thus explaining the battle system)

Jokool and TS crashing onto the planet and finding out that the Grand Opening has been delayed.

So after typing this and thinking as I go this is the order so far:
Greece/Bunny land, find out there is no gas and fight, explaining the battle system as they go, then the battle is interrupted by them hearing a crash then cue cut scene to a few minutes earlier as Jokool and TS crash and then deal with the immediate threat of a few monsters and go search for salvagable parts and run into greece/bunny. Then a scene of Lief/romch appearing near the resort with the high tech stuff and pissing off a few of the automated services and getting attacked, once they win the others find them and TS is angry that they broke the communications system.

Then jump to Lima in the woods, monolouge about the mission and hearing crying, she explores the area, fights monsters, finds Lux's egg and is then attacked by a strong foe, defeats it then hears more coming and hides only to see two emotes appear, talk about how they have to find an egg to smash it and kill what's inside when the monsters appear and they easily take em down. Lima decides to try to save the egg and runs off towards the resort area.

Switch over to the group at the resort and they explore the area salvaging parts and then build a communications device once they get the parts they need but can't send out a signal, instead only receive a transmission from The Voice(Lima's group which simply wants to expose hidden information to the universe and remove secrecy) mentioned the plan to spy on the Council(transmission is staticy so the bits they hear make it sound more like an assasination plot rather than a simple wiretapping, maybe something like: "council members have no- re time- their rooms and set up- set it on a timer so that t- have a blast! Those fools will be -ed-" which is interpreted by the group as "The council members have no more time. Go to their room and set up a bomb on a timer so they will have a blast! Those fools will be dead" when the message Lima got was The council members have not arrived yet, you have more time to get into their rooms and set up the wiretaps. Be sure to set it on a timer so that the memory does not fill up too fast. We know you love this stuff so you should have a blast! Those fools will be exposed and their faces will be so red!") Then they see Lima and think she's the assasin so they attack her (its a battle and during it its a fight between Lux/Lima vs the part, lima's stats are boosted during the battle and if lux is attacked(during the fight Lux gets high def) lima's attack stats go up.

thoughts so far?

also maybe we could have some 'chemistry boosts' where if certain members are in the fighting party they get slight boosts such as:
The pointy end: Jokool, TS together gives a slight atk boost
Sister Sister: Greece and Bunny gives the two a slight special boost
Maternal Instinct: having Lima and Lux gives Lima a slight def/atk boost (no effect on Lux)
Friendly Rivals: romch and Lief gives a slight speed boost
whatcha think?
Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 27th August 2014, 1:15 pm

again you have shown us good thoughts!
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 27th August 2014, 1:50 pm

Agreed and I'm laughing hard at the chemistry boosts XD
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 27th August 2014, 2:09 pm

how about the universal council plans on unleashing dÿrió to the universe at large.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 27th August 2014, 2:10 pm

charles and lima would be a better chenestry, and lux and zikeep would replace the lux and lima one.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27th August 2014, 2:14 pm

"Pointy End" totally doesn't sound perverted or anything. XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 27th August 2014, 2:33 pm

Why "The Pointy End"?
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 27th August 2014, 2:38 pm

I'm thinking of having Much attempting to summon the beast(too lazy to copy/paste) and the universal council were the ones that sealed him away, so far the members I've come up with are: Cap, The Space Devil, The Dream Queen(an emote), King Arthur, but I still think 2 more would be nice so we can have Rule of 7, also thinking Much could be one of the council gone AWOL

Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 27th August 2014, 2:54 pm

Just letting you guys know that if you type d-y-r-i-o without the dashes, it will become Dýrið.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next