Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grandship

+2
Greece
Lief Katano
6 posters

Page 20 of 29 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 29  Next

Go down

Grandship - Page 20 Empty Re: Grandship

Post by Lief Katano 9th July 2016, 4:16 pm

Tiz is currently a Guardian. He's using the God Hands as his weapon - with Knuckle Lore equipped and P.Atk +20%, he's currently at 313 P.Atk. Eye of the Wolf is a secondary support ability for its +25% P.Atk on top of any other bonuses he can get - due to Magnolia's Limit Breaker, he can get up to +225% P.Atk.

His job command is Shamanism, primarily for Warhead (a free 76 damage, as well as being able to exploit elemental weaknesses, which most enemies have) and Harpoon (to pierce P.Def).

His main coup de gravy is Soul Smash, which, with proper set-up, lets him hit the cap of 9999 damage a lot. I'll probably end up replacing this with the Pirate's Double Damage - it has a better damage modifier (if no base power to further increase damage) and costs MP rather than Soul Power.

You need at least two turns of set-up (one for Harpoon, one for Warhead, plus any to default to save up BP for Tiz and/or a buffer buddy), but since it's capable of shredding bosses really well, I'm happy to wait for it.

...I wonder how much damage it would do with Bravely Second...
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th July 2016, 4:29 pm

Nice.

Also, I highly recommend getting Dragonlord Strike from the Bahamut Monks in Via Celestio. It's basically Amped Strike, but requires cat food items rather than an exorbitant amount of MP. And it can trigger Waste Not, which means it only consumes the items HALF the time! Tiz uses it on my first file, and he consistently does 9999 damage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19th July 2016, 7:51 pm

Going through the old posts to see if I can dig up some tips for Tiz. Not a huge fan of the setup I have for him at the moment (knight and red mage, thinking of focusing on a more physical oriented job/ability set since I have Agnes as white/black mage set, and Edea as spell fencer).

Anyway, I noticed a couple of posts that I may have overlooked while trying to avoid spoilers:

Lief Katano wrote:You could give it to Tiz instead and have flaming knuckles Praise feathers!
Can't remember if I saw this or not, but I thought of the same thing a while back (probably did see it and that's what made me think of it). Reminded me of Yang (rwby) and her weapon.

Solgaleo wrote:
jokool wrote:So, in my absence, I've been playing Bravely Default off an on, and I'm starting to see how many perverts there are in this game now...

Just wait until you get to Florem.
You weren't kidding... Why.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 19th July 2016, 8:15 pm

Yeah, physical and magical jobs...don't mix well in Bravely Default. Or Bravely Second. Or really any RPG with a job system, bar, like, Final Fantasy V, due to how stat bonuses work there. Red Mage is best used for its BP-accruing support abilities (a reference to Dualcast...which got added in in a more standard way in Bravely Second), not as a legitimate job command.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19th July 2016, 8:39 pm

Yeah I'm probably gonna ditch Red Mage for now...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19th July 2016, 11:31 pm

So... My new setup for everyone seems to be pretty good...with something a bit odd...

Apparently, with the way I have Ringabel set up, he's more powerful without any weapons, but I can still use sword magic, meaning I can have him attack with fists of fire (or other elements).

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 20th July 2016, 12:12 am

Yep! There's no limitations on skills, equipment-wise. Even in the sequel, you can unleash swordplay with your bare hands. Or use gun techniques with a sword.

Ringabel being better weaponless is probably related to the Monk's Knuckle Lore passive. If you're fighting with your bare hands, you get an attack bonus equal to 2 * your level (so, basically, you're wearing knuckles with a P. Atk equal to your level).
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd July 2016, 7:48 am

Really wish Tiz would stop dying at the last second of a boss fight... He's died in two of the last ones I've done, and he's now almost two levels behind everyone... Chuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 22nd July 2016, 10:47 am

You can use Bravely Second to get him up.

It's the most mundane use of Bravely Second ever, but you can do it.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd July 2016, 4:23 pm

Didn't think of that. Actually not a bad idea since I've only used that like once.

Also, I don't seem to have you in my game Lief...or anyone else, except  Charles, and I have him abililinked with Tiz right now (how much grinding did you do to get such high levels Charles? Loopy ).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd July 2016, 4:56 pm

Hours, bruh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 22nd July 2016, 5:18 pm

jokool wrote:Didn't think of that. Actually not a bad idea since I've only used that like once.

Also, I don't seem to have you in my game Lief...or anyone else, except  Charles, and I have him abililinked with Tiz right now (how much grinding did you do to get such high levels Charles? Loopy ).
I don't think I can send you any Bravely Default data, considering that I don't have the game anymore and I think haven't even played it on this 3DS. Definitely don't have StreetPass on for it.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Meyneth 22nd July 2016, 5:33 pm

If I can I'll try to send you data, How do I do that.
Meyneth
Meyneth

: Let's Be Heroes!

Myers-Briggs Type : ENFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 22nd July 2016, 7:14 pm

Pretty sure you'd need to have him in your friend's list and then update the data.

Which we can't do because I packed second not default.
Greece
Greece

: See A Man About A Dog :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd July 2016, 7:28 pm

Le gasp! I don't have Mey's FC!

...or Greece's either? I have a FC for ya, but you never accepted it, so I'm assuming it's the wrong FC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 29 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum