Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6]

+11
Kaede Akamatsu
Revenge of Mars
returnofmastercrazyhand
Truthseeker4449
Cap'n Jack
Subconscious Drift
Meyneth
Lief Katano
Apocrypha
Princess
Nopon
15 posters

Page 3 of 46 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24 ... 46  Next

Go down

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6] - Page 3 Empty Re: I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6]

Post by Truthseeker4449 25th August 2016, 9:33 pm

So in the later seasons of Deadilest Catch they've started putting little funny snippets as commercial bumpers of sorts. One of my favorites is tricking Sig's daughter into thinking there are mail buoys.

One of my least favorite ones now is a prank on the Cape Caution where the guy pretends he let his hand get mangled in the fish grinder. And at first I believed it and I was completely horrified that there was no gore warning at all. I'm not fond of actual blood and guts and a mangled hand and completely severed finger lying in the bait bin. Turns out it's all fake... My squish heart is still hurting....
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6] - Page 3 Empty Re: I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v6]

Post by Truthseeker4449 26th August 2016, 5:25 pm

So much cash flowing out of my pockets ;~;

Spent like $500 today....
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th August 2016, 6:43 pm

Three things to bitch about today.

First, I'm currently sitting in an oven because I can't open my bedroom window due to a thunderstorm outside...

Second, today's delivery truck at work was so screwed up, they had our order mixed up with another store's, so we had stuff we didn't even carry/need, and we didn't get a few things we needed (they had a couple other trucks come to sort things out). A good example is my order of milk: I ordered 15 cases of whole gallons, and 15 cases of 2% gallons. I got 1 case of whole, and 29 cases of 2%..... Good news is that I got credit back for them, so I can sell them at a lower price to get rid of them, but still.... Anger

Third, remember this? Well today, I think she came in herself with her 2 kids....at least, I think it was her. I honestly didn't recognize her.... I mean, she had the same features from what I remember, but it was like I was seeing a total stranger... One of the kids she had with her looked like the same one from the other day, but, who knows? Maybe it wasn't even her and it was a different kid, but....she looked kind of like the girl I knew...I just....honestly don't remember how she looked that well....

Either way, it got me thinking...is it good that she is like a stranger to me now, and that I've clearly moved on from this (I mean, forgetting about things like old crushes is key to moving on, right?)? Or is it bad that I now honestly don't know a person I used to know pretty well in the past, and will everyone else I know/known/had crushes on turn into faded memories and lost times? Am I that anti-social to where I've lost touch with people I used to consider friends, and will I just keep doing this with people I currently consider friends (I mean, the onlysocial interactions I have anymore are at work and on here now, and I haven't spoken with old friends in years.......)?

Again...I hate when I start thinking too much...

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 26th August 2016, 7:13 pm

jokool wrote:Second, today's delivery truck at work was so screwed up, they had our order mixed up with another store's, so we had stuff we didn't even carry/need, and we didn't get a few things we needed (they had a couple other trucks come to sort things out). A good example is my order of milk: I ordered 15 cases of whole gallons, and 15 cases of 2% gallons. I got 1 case of whole, and 29 cases of 2%..... Good news is that I got credit back for them, so I can sell them at a lower price to get rid of them, but still.... Anger
This I can feel for. My shop gets two tire shipments a day from our preferred supplier, plus certain special order stuff through FedEx and UPS.

Tire inventory is a big thing around here, specially when each tire usually runs at least $100, sometimes well in excess. I don't know how many we stock or what precisely what sizes we stock, but it's a lot and we try to keep overstock to a minimum because those are usually tires that don't sell, take up space, and are effectively wasted money because we buy (I think, I don't get told such specific things being a grunt) the tires from our vendor. Fun fact: tires usually only cost a third of their actual sale price to make. Everything else is markup as the tire changes hands. Thankfully our vendor does takes tires back and refunds our money.

My managers have a hard time trying to figure out how overstock happens and I have long since given up trying to figure it out myself, I just reorganize the room and move what they tell me to. Overstock is considered so bad that our system only accepts 20 changes to the inventory per log-in session. Our latest run through of inventory this past week turned up like 40 overstocked tires. At worst it's been 100 and there were tires piled everywhere and anywhere. As a side note, my hard work cleaning the tire room up since I started has not gone unnoticed by my supervisors and they praised me recently for it.

I think the worst instance of overstock period was about a year ago or so when our vendor dropped off 90 tires as a stock order for a store we were opening across town. There was a more recent screw up where they messed everyone's order and we got tires intended for all over our network.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 28th August 2016, 9:31 pm

I'm having serious regrets not catching my first Dunsparce in a Premier Ball.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28th August 2016, 9:32 pm

...come again? Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 28th August 2016, 9:35 pm

Truthseeker4449 wrote:I'm having serious regrets not catching my first Dunsparce in a Premier Ball.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28th August 2016, 9:40 pm

....what is the significance of a premiere ball?

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 28th August 2016, 9:54 pm

A somewhat rare Poké Ball that has been specially made to commemorate an event of some sort.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 28th August 2016, 9:55 pm

I'm pretty sure jo's asking why you needed to catch a Dunsparce in a premier ball.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 28th August 2016, 9:56 pm

Lief Katano wrote:I'm pretty sure jo's asking why you needed to catch a Dunsparce in a premier ball.
Because Dunsparce.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 28th August 2016, 10:03 pm

...I'm certain that this is a really long and convoluted Dunspach-related joke that you're refusing to actually tell us about for some reason, but I'm not sure why you can't, y'know, catch another.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28th August 2016, 10:04 pm

....I'm regretting many posts I've made this weekend...

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 28th August 2016, 10:07 pm

Lief Katano wrote:...I'm certain that this is a really long and convoluted Dunspach-related joke that you're refusing to actually tell us about for some reason, but I'm not sure why you can't, y'know, catch another.
You put too much thought into things Lief, besides this early in the game resources are precious. And there will never be a first one again.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 28th August 2016, 10:21 pm

Putting too much thought into things because I recognized Dunspach as a viable reference, or putting too much thought into things for having the gall to suggest an alternative plan?
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 46 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24 ... 46  Next