Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Presents and Experiences of the 2016 Winter Holidays

+7
returnofmastercrazyhand
Burnin' Bunnies
Meyneth
TheCapsFan
Lief Katano
Caprizant
Truthseeker4449
11 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Presents and Experiences of the 2016 Winter Holidays Empty Presents and Experiences of the 2016 Winter Holidays

Post by Truthseeker4449 12th December 2015, 8:09 pm

So it's that lovely time of year when we start giving and receiving gifts for whatever holiday we choose to celebrate.

I've gotten my first batch of gifts from my grandparents. I got three PS2 games, mostly to replace older games that were broken or destroyed. But I also asked for and got Dawn of the Dragon. They also threw in a memory card for a Game Cube (not sure they noticed, but I don't care) and a book on diagnosing and repairing diesel engines.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Presents and Experiences of the 2016 Winter Holidays Empty Re: Presents and Experiences of the 2016 Winter Holidays

Post by Guest 12th December 2015, 8:31 pm

Truthseeker4449 wrote:But I also asked for and got Dawn of the Dragon.

Dunsparce Approves Best one of the trilogy. I just hope your copy works better than mine.

By the way, I can't remember if you mentioned it or not, but have you finished the other two games?

Anyway, as for me, so far, I've got a 2DS and Mario Kart 7 (from my uncle), Cave Story 3D (from my aunt), Super Street Fighter IV 3D (when I won $50 for Amazon, mom helped pay for this and other things (including Shadow of the Colossus and some Doctor Who stuff for myself, plus some gifts for my family)), Pokémon Omega Ruby (which I bought and wrapped for myself), a Darth Maul 12 inch action figure (that I saw the other day and had to get, then decided to wrap and put under the tree Dreaming), and a $20 Steam Wallet card and $25 Walmart gift card (from my mom in a Christmas card that came earlier today).

The Steam money I'm saving for the Winter Sale, and I might get another wallet card if there's a lot of good deals, and to return some good fortune to a few people. The Walmart money I might use to buy another 3DS game (maybe Smash 3D or Luigi's Mansion), or I might use it on something else (thinking about maybe getting a cell phone).

Back to top Go down

Presents and Experiences of the 2016 Winter Holidays Empty Re: Presents and Experiences of the 2016 Winter Holidays

Post by Caprizant 12th December 2015, 8:48 pm

Currently looking around at laptops, and I think I've settled on an ASUS that's a little bit smaller than my current laptop, but with a much better resolution.

I was debating getting a 2-in-1, but I decided that in my price range and with my normal activities it's not really worth it.

As for the other stuff, here's what I'm currently thinking of getting with money from relatives:

• Undertale
  • Art Angels by Grimes
  • To Pimp a Butterfly by Kendrick Lamar
  • Sound of Silver by LCD Soundsystem
  • Star Wars by Wilco
  • Coexist by The xx

And as for experiences, we got a Christmas tree today, and I got to drive on the road for the first time on the way back. We're putting our tree in a different room this year due to renovations—we have grandma's dining table now in what used to be the family room, so we're putting the tree in the living room instead.

We actually had a small Christmas celebration for relatives on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, because our family is so far spread out that it works best to do Thanksgiving and Christmas together. It helps that there's not usually a lot of snow on the roads at that point. I spent most of the time entertaining my younger cousins and recovering from being sick. :V
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

: Fresh Start! :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 12th December 2015, 10:14 pm

Got Shovel Knight and a $25 Target gift card explicitly for the holidays; got Super Mystery Dungeon and Xenoblade Chronicles X in the timeframe. 

I'm anticipating Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and Tri Force Heroes, along with several amiibo (namely Greninja and the Retro amiibo 3-pack). The games I'm anticipating because I marked them as a buy-two-get-one-free deal at Target with Shovel Knight. The amiibos I'm anticipating because I was there when they were obtained. :P
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCapsFan 12th December 2015, 11:34 pm

So my family isn't getting a tree this year. We always get real trees, at the nursery near my house. I like them. They smell nice.

Why aren't we getting a tree? Well...

My dad's company, HP, split in two earlier this year. Then HP decided that they didn't want the product/software that my dad provides, so another company bought them up. That means that all of my dad's vacation days have to be used before the end of the year. So we decided last week that we're going to go to Universal Studios before Christmas. :D

We're staying on-site at the Hard Rock Hotel. We're flying in after my swim meet next Saturday (we get in at 1 AM) and flying back on Christmas Eve. *praying for no cancellations* It's going to be so much fun!

So, the reason why we're not getting a tree is because it'll die if we do, since no one will be around to water it. My friend Katie offerred to lend us a 3-foot fake tree, and we happily obliged. :P
TheCapsFan
TheCapsFan

: Writing The Future

Myers-Briggs Type : ENFP-T
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Meyneth 13th December 2015, 12:09 am

I got a box.
Meyneth
Meyneth

: Let's Be Heroes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 13th December 2015, 8:16 pm

A box is a very valuable gift. BTW, I'm loving that diesel engine repair book, it's written for both true-heavy duty diesel and for lighter duty stuff.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 13th December 2015, 9:29 pm

Officially Got Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.

...We were picking out a Christmas present early and my brother, being the my brother he is, was taking too long to decide. Eventually me and my sister - after everyone was expressing discontent - went ">_>" and walked out. Which he managed to call us out on. Jeez.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Meyneth 13th December 2015, 9:53 pm

It's a nice box, I'm keeping all my Vanguard Decks in it.
Meyneth
Meyneth

: Let's Be Heroes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 13th December 2015, 11:09 pm

I have no idea why I've got yet, but there are already plenty of presents under the tree, some of which have my name on them, and I've spotted a few birthday gifts as well, including a large bag~! I wonder why it could be, and I'm getting excited just thinking about it!
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

: In your gaze where I'm seen. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 17th December 2015, 9:37 pm

Got another gift today. I could tell you what it is...

But why do that, when you can show it?:
I also got a Mega Man plushie :D (Pictures pending)
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 17th December 2015, 9:40 pm

I also got a villager and a marth.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 17th December 2015, 9:43 pm

The legendary Marth amiibo is yours?! :O
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17th December 2015, 11:49 pm

Lief Katano wrote:Got another gift today. I could tell you what it is...

But why do that, when you can show it?:
me right now:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18th December 2015, 8:25 pm

Highlight of the day: While I was working today, Santa came in to buy milk and cookies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next