Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Expo 2015 (Day 2)

Go down

Anime Expo 2015 (Day 2) Empty Anime Expo 2015 (Day 2)

As many of you may know (or not know), I went to Anime Expo 2015 on Friday, July 3, at the LA Convention Center. Furthermore, I was cosplaying as Cynthia, the Sinnoh champion.

First of all, I suggest to anyone that may be going to a convention that is as large as Anime Expo to try to schedule going more than one day. I only went on Friday and I definitely did not see/experience perhaps even half of what the convention offered, although it should be known that you will most likely be incredibly tired from walking around, and if you are an introvert like me, you will also get tired of constant interaction with people. Unfortunately, my cosplay required heels...since I don't usually wear heels, I was in constant pain after two hours and even two days later, my muscles were/are still sore.

Onto more exciting facets of the convention.  

My cosplay was very well received. I got lots of compliments on my cosplay and I asked for photographs at least once every 20 minutes, if not more. What often occurred was that one person would ask for a photo, and then a lot of people would see that person taking a picture, and then those people would all ask to take photos of me in succession. I don't know if that is a normal response to a random cosplay, but I was surprised. I also got quite a few nice photos of other excellent cosplays, with most of them being from Pokemon since that is the main fandom I would identify myself with. I also went to a Pokemon meetup and I was ecstatic about seeing a Lucas cosplay since I did not expect to see another fourth generation cosplay. He was an older man, but was very sweet and his cosplay was excellent.

I did not go to any panels or workshops although I heard those were organized terribly. I spent most of my time in the artists' alley, where artists can sign up to sell their prints or carry out commissions during the convention. In the future, I do not think I will go with  the set of friends I went with because they were very slow paced. They also left me waiting for them for two hours at one point and another hour at another point in the day, which kind of sucked because I was only at the convention for one day (whereas they had 4 day passes). I did buy some great stuff, which is listed below:

An espeon plushie:

Two Keychains:

Rosalina Observatory Shirt:

Overall, it was a great day. I had a positive experience and plan to go next year. I already have plans for my cosplay(s?) next year, and I cannot wait to construct it/them.

Until next time,

~ Princess of Lumas

By the way, I plan to post pictures of my cosplay on here when I go the the Pokemon Concert on July 11 (which I will also cosplay for).
Princess
Princess

Myers-Briggs Type : INTJ-A
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Anime Expo 2015 (Day 2) :: Comments

Truthseeker4449

Post 5th July 2015, 10:00 pm by Truthseeker4449

Ooo, I like the plushie.

Back to top Go down

Post 5th July 2015, 10:31 pm by Guest

That's so cool you got to meed LittleKuriboh!

Back to top Go down

Burnin' Bunnies

Post 6th July 2015, 12:43 am by Burnin' Bunnies

My oldest sister, who is very introverted and has depression-induced anxiety, went to a convention for a few days once, and had a great time! I want to go to one someday! I can't wait to see the cosplay!

Back to top Go down

Post 6th July 2015, 4:31 pm by Guest

IGN posted a bunch of cosplay photos from Anime Expo. I'm scrolling through them to see if you're among them, but holy crap there's a ton of them.... And some of them are quite daring....

Back to top Go down

Princess

Post 6th July 2015, 4:44 pm by Princess

The cosplays are/were really impressive there and it amazes me peole will spend so much money on one cosplay....then again, my costume was a little over $100 all in all, although that's a conservative amount of money spent on a cosplay compared to many others.

Back to top Go down

TheCapsFan

Post 6th July 2015, 6:56 pm by TheCapsFan

Those look so cool! I really like the shirt. and sour patch kids too, but y'know

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down