Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smash Direct - 6/14/15

Go down

Smash Direct - 6/14/15 Empty Smash Direct - 6/14/15

Get hype for E3! I'm Lief Katano, once again bringing you everything you need to know about Super Smash Bros.! I'll also, of course, be doing a blog post about Nintendo's E3 Digital Event. Today's Smash Direct coincides with Lucas becoming DLC; he'll become available thirty minutes after the event starts. Meaning that the event should only take thirty minutes. But thirty minutes just to talk about Lucas...? Hmmmmm.

(Remember that I started this before the Direct.)

Smash logo opens, aaaand...lag.

Fire Emblem characters open! Then someone asks us to not forget about him. Lag. Who is it? (Considering it lagged when a burst of fire showed up...)

...The lag ends and we get to Sakurai. Through the lag (great!), we see Roy comes back. Hurray Roy! Like Lucas (and I think every other DLC character, I can't remember for Mewtwo), they're $3.99 for one console, and $4.99 for both.

More DLC costumes! Megaman.EXE gunner! This is so awesome guys, really. Also Zero (ZERO? He's the only guy whose name is in all caps.) Swordfighter costume! He may not be able to join the battle directly, but he shall live on through the Miis.

Also Virtua Fighter gets some costumes for Mii Brawlers. I can't tell you more because a) lag and b) I forgot the names. :U

Also Splatoon costumes! And Isabelle costume! All of those are gunners, I believe. Splatoon miis are also creepy Gonk And Squid Hat! Don't forget the squid hat.

Mii Fighter amiibo?! :O

More emphasis that every fighter will be released as amiibo. Maybe re-released? I dunno, the lag is horrible. Mewtwo and Lucas amiibo are also getting released.

Mo' stages mo' fun. Dream Land 64 returns! It, of course, has an Omega version. Why wouldn't it? Oh, Sakurai. The platforms are removed, and I'd presume that Whispy doesn't blow gusts of wind at the fighters. (I had to include "gusts of wind" otherwise it would sound...egh.)

Gah, this lag is so bad I might have to redo this when I get to my mom's house. My dad's house's Wi-Fi sucks. >_>

So I lost it. And found it! Ryu's here. Unique to him, you can enter the original commands for his moves (using the regular attack button) to attack. I dunno if this gives him a bonus or if it's just to ease Street Fighter players into Smash Bros.

Also he has two final smashes! His... Shinku Hadoken? is activated at range, his Shin Shoryuken activates when you're close to an opponent. His sound effects and animations are based off of Street Fighter.

Of course, he has trophies. Trophies for the trophy overlord!

People in the chat are convinced for whatever reason that is OP. Will he be? Maybe!

There's also a Heihachi costume. I want to say he's from Street Fighter...? I dunno.

I want to say they're available now because the bit at the end lumped everything announced in the Direct with Lucas and the Inkling Fighter stuff. But I don't know fo so because lag.

...I'd say yes, they are. Also eShop's breaking down from the hype.

Aaaaaaaaaaand that's it. Suffering from lag, this is Lief Katano, signing out!
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Smash Direct - 6/14/15 :: Comments

TheCapsFan

Post 14th June 2015, 11:33 am by TheCapsFan

Heihachi is from Tekken. ALL the DLC will be availible at 8 Eastern tonight.

Back to top Go down