Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Stop News Desk

+14
Gravitas
TheCapsFan
Princess
Meyneth
Burnin' Bunnies
returnofmastercrazyhand
Greece
Zexy
Booster_Gold
Caprizant
Nopon
Lief Katano
Truthseeker4449
Kaede Akamatsu
18 posters

Page 40 of 46 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 46  Next

Go down

Pit Stop News Desk - Page 40 Empty Re: Pit Stop News Desk

Post by Cap'n Jack 8th July 2016, 3:11 pm

The chief of Dallas PD says that the suspect was talking to a hostage negotiator (I haven't anywhere else that there was a hostage situation at any point in this event, but I dunno, 24 hours ago this had never even happened), and the suspect, who was later killed by a bomb the police detonated with a robot, said that his motivation was the he wanted to kill white police officers.

It just fucking sickens me that people are unable to notice their own folly when they make generalizations so huge and harmful. This fucker probably lived in Dallas, I'm assuming, so he just decided to kill white police officers in his own area instead of using some more brain power and thinking that maybe the oogy-boogy white people are not collectively responsible for individual police officers who make horrible mistakes. I even heard the girlfriend of the man who was shot in Minnesota the other (one of the incidents that inspired this rally in Dallas in the first place, and no doubt inspired the shooter) saying that she thought the police officer looked Asian, so maybe it wasn't even a white officer who made that terrible mistake!

Are you noticing something here? People are acting like fucking children, thinking that all their problems will be solved by lumping this entire country into two categories, "white" and "minority", and thinking that's the issue. Maybe police officers subconsciously, or even intentionally, are better at dehumanizing people who are not of their own race, but that doesn't justify murdering white police officers solely because they are white police officers.

This is making my fucking blood boil, it's so fucking obvious to me but apparently there are whole mobs of people in places like Dallas who are willing to come together in a great big crowd and stick their fists up and shout "BLACK POWER" like that's the fucking solution. The real fucking solution would be to deal with police officers who make mistakes individually, instead of thinking that this whole country is a game of chess, as if all of the white pieces are in cahoots when the reality is that they are not.

All I can do is be better than that, and wake up every day and remember that here in reality, I'm not a member of some White World Order rubbing my hands together and conspiring with all of the other oogy-boogy whites thinking, "Oooh, how can be shaft the blacks today?!?!?"

It just astonishes and disgusts me that people are seeing the entire country as a black-and-white issue, literally, without ever realizing that what they are doing is completely, 100% equivalent to the anti-minority hatred that they pretend to be better than, when in fact all they're doing is becoming a mob of anti-white hatred as if that's better. Do you think I suddenly want to kill everybody who was attending that Black Lives Matter rally now that one of them made a mistake? No, because I'm better than that. People act like fucking children sometimes.
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Myers-Briggs Type : Someti

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 14th July 2016, 8:22 pm

*is tuned into 98.7 WMZQ, a local country station and learns of another suspected-terrorist attack, this time in France*

Basically a semi-truck driver barreled down a busy street full of people in Nice, France. For 2 kilometers. At least 75 people are dead, including the driver of the truck.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 14th July 2016, 8:24 pm

Dang...this is getting out of control.
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

: In your gaze where I'm seen. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 14th July 2016, 8:26 pm

You mean we had control of this kind of thing before?
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 15th July 2016, 11:18 am

So is 2016 The Year From Hell, or what? Is this really the world we live in, is this normal, to the point where we're going to slowly forget things like this except when reminded, and I'll be saying the same thing next year, and the next year, and the next year?
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 15th July 2016, 12:32 pm

Perhaps, unless we determine the root causes behind all of this and resolve it. So far the attacks on US soil appear to stem from a rift between police and public, with a unhealthy dose of racism involved. As for this foreign stuff... I'm not sure yet...
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 15th July 2016, 2:17 pm

Thanks for keeping a level head. I know I haven't been. Ever since I heard news of that singer Christina Grimmie being shot, and woke up the next morning to the news of the massacre in that night club Pulse, in the same town... it's just been getting worse. Every time I think it can't get any worse, it gets worse. Just the incidents I can remember off the top of my head are the shooter in Dallas, the bombs in Baghdad, and now this, and I'm probably forgetting others in this sea of bad news. Just this summer has been a spiral of terrible news on a near-daily basis. I'm tired of it.
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 15th July 2016, 2:36 pm

Not sure I can really take that as a compliment considering I've been researching disasters, accidents, and attacks for years. I'm sadly already desensitized to death tolls, though seeing the victims does disturb me
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 15th July 2016, 2:57 pm

yeah, it sucked, and the ironic part is I was just playing forza horizon 2, in the game's version of nice, when it happened. Gonk
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 15th July 2016, 5:49 pm

Soooo, about that Turkish coup...
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 15th July 2016, 5:57 pm

I saw that briefly on Yahoo but nothing else.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 15th July 2016, 6:44 pm

Has it been going on for an hour? I just heard about it a few minutes ago. I have to wonder why these disgruntled sects within the military have chosen July 2016 to do this, considering how terrible this summer has been for a lot of people.
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 15th July 2016, 6:48 pm

They probably didn't specifically choose this day. Apparently tension has been building for some time now, by some time, I mean years. This is not the first military coup in this version of Turkey, apparently there's been three before in 1960, 1971, and 1980. Apparently one nearly happened in 1997 as well.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 15th July 2016, 8:21 pm

From what I've heard the general public is glad that this is happening because they don't like Turkey's current government. I don't know enough to comment, I couldn't even tell you the name of their president/prime minister/whatever even though I've been hearing and seeing it for an hour now. I just hope no fighting breaks out and nobody is hurt. This world is hurting enough already.
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 17th July 2016, 2:09 pm

Apparently it's World Emoji Day. Or so Chrome is claiming on new tab pages. It's also encouraging girls to code themselves an unique emoji.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 46 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 46  Next