Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cage: Season 1 - Episode 1 - The Nonexistent Fight Of The Quinquennium!

+8
Burnin' Bunnies
returnofmastercrazyhand
TheCapsFan
Truthseeker4449
Kaede Akamatsu
Nopon
Lief Katano
Caprizant
12 posters

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

The Cage: Season 1 - Episode 1 - The Nonexistent Fight Of The Quinquennium! - Page 7 Empty Re: The Cage: Season 1 - Episode 1 - The Nonexistent Fight Of The Quinquennium!

Post by Guest 8th March 2015, 7:52 pm

Aaaand, if I recall, he was reluctant to admit defeat, even when I had him in a super sonic spinny black hole of doom...or something like that...

Back to top Go down

The Cage: Season 1 - Episode 1 - The Nonexistent Fight Of The Quinquennium! - Page 7 Empty Re: The Cage: Season 1 - Episode 1 - The Nonexistent Fight Of The Quinquennium!

Post by Caprizant 8th March 2015, 7:58 pm

jokool wrote:Suggestion: Toss allies and form changes.
Form changes I've already agreed we should lose.
Allies I'm not picking sides on, don't remember using/facing against one myself.
Alt forms should just be used as a separate profile.
That's what I was going for. :B
cardboard box wrote:let's keep the allies for now.
What's your reasoning for keeping them?
anyway, we have to include a system that makes TS beatable, as TS only lost ONCE and needs to be restrained a bit more fair.
It's not about biasing the rules against Truth, it's about making the thread more open and fair. An important distinction.

But otherwise, yeah, we need to sort things out to deal with certain unfair advantages. I'm not suggesting a total purge of extra-powerful abilities, but anything which cannot be creatively outmaneuvered needs to go.
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

: Fresh Start! :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 8th March 2015, 7:59 pm

The mainest problem with TS is that he made himself only take one point of damage.

To negate problems like that (taking an absurdly low amount of damage, even if the ability used was supposed to be powerful in its own universe), I'd recommend an RPG-esque system, though that might defeat simplicity.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 8th March 2015, 8:03 pm

cardboard box wrote:let's keep the allies for now.
anyway, we have to include a system that makes TS beatable, as TS only lost ONCE and needs to be restrained a bit more fair.
Or I could just not compete as I was planning to do :I
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 8th March 2015, 8:08 pm

I think the simplest solution is to just take a justified amount of damage per hit, and if the opponent doesn't feel it was sufficient, PM me and I'll sort it out.
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 8th March 2015, 8:11 pm

I liked the idea of allies and I used one my own self in the old pit stop.
they make the game more fun with more people to worry about
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 8th March 2015, 8:12 pm

Just throwing this out there, how are we gonna handle summons?
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 8th March 2015, 8:16 pm

In terms of damage done, I was thinking having each move have a specific amount of HP damage it causes.
Say, the move Punch would cause 50 damage. If it was Super Effective, it would cause 80, Not Very Effective, 30. (If we used Pokemon terminology) Just have a set damage for each move. :I

I imagine Summons in the same light--A specific summon would cause a specific set of damage.
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

: In your gaze where I'm seen. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 8th March 2015, 8:22 pm

but then we either need reload time or attack usage limits
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 8th March 2015, 8:24 pm

Truthseeker4449 wrote:Just throwing this out there, how are we gonna handle summons?
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. If you mean something that you summon into battle to fight alongside you, that's an ally. If you mean a being you summon for a quick in-out attack, that can be an attack.
Burnin' Bunnies wrote:In terms of damage done, I was thinking having each move have a specific amount of HP damage it causes.
Say, the move Punch would cause 50 damage. If it was Super Effective, it would cause 80, Not Very Effective, 30. (If we used Pokemon terminology) Just have a set damage for each move. :I
Again, maths. Though that's much less complicated math. :B

However, that can create an imbalance. Presumably users create their own attacks and assign damage, but what if, say, one user's idea of their most powerful attack is 100HP, and another's is 1000HP? It's a bit easy to guess who's going to win.

Last edited by Caprizant on 8th March 2015, 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It reset my text. e-e)
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th March 2015, 8:37 pm

I like Bunny's idea, but should we calculate defences in the number as well? Like, for example, if punch does 50 physical damage, and defense is 10, punch does 50 - 10 = 40 damage. Maybe even have special defense for stuff like magick?

As for how to limit it, how about a simple PP/MP/whatever point system for each move?

One last idea: Evasion. How about we have a set percentage for each person (either the same for all, or different based on profile (but fair)), then use rng to determine whether or not the attack hits.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 8th March 2015, 8:40 pm

I'm still adamant on leaving stats out of the equation (heh), but I'll see what everyone else thinks.
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 8th March 2015, 8:51 pm

Personally I think stats can make things a bit less of a headache power-wise. You don't dispute "hey that should've hurt you more" or whatever.

I drew something up with liberal use of RPG mechanics because the Cage would be in Mission Out-Of-Control and that's the RP section.
RPG Mechanics for the Cage - Profile:
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th March 2015, 8:56 pm

I like some of that (like having a set number to divide among your stats), buuuuuut..... I don't like having an Exp. system... Things could get complicated that way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 8th March 2015, 8:59 pm

I mostly put that in there so that there could be progression, though we could axe it (might want to up the number of stat points, though, if we do do that).
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next