Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cage: Season 1 - Episode 1 - The Nonexistent Fight Of The Quinquennium!

+8
Burnin' Bunnies
returnofmastercrazyhand
TheCapsFan
Truthseeker4449
Kaede Akamatsu
Nopon
Lief Katano
Caprizant
12 posters

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

The Cage: Season 1 - Episode 1 - The Nonexistent Fight Of The Quinquennium! - Page 8 Empty Re: The Cage: Season 1 - Episode 1 - The Nonexistent Fight Of The Quinquennium!

Post by Caprizant 8th March 2015, 9:05 pm

I've changed my mind on stats. I like them. :I
I like the Exp system, it'd just be a pain to keep up with.
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

: Fresh Start! :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Good

Back to top Go down

The Cage: Season 1 - Episode 1 - The Nonexistent Fight Of The Quinquennium! - Page 8 Empty Re: The Cage: Season 1 - Episode 1 - The Nonexistent Fight Of The Quinquennium!

Post by Nopon 8th March 2015, 9:10 pm

why not base it somewhat on the lost legends battle system only very very streamlined?

EDIT: Forget that idea as I realized how complicated the lost legends battle system is behind the scenes
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th March 2015, 11:38 pm

Gonna throw this out here:

Spoiler:

To sum this up, Scissors has the default 5000 HP, a limit of only 5 attacks, and 500 points to divide among the attacks, defenses (where defense # - attack # = damage to HP), and evasion percentage (for example, Scissors has 30% as his evasion, so attacks will hit him 70% of the time). There would be limits to the stats. In this example, 50 being a default minimum and 200 the default maximum for everyone's attacks, 50 the default max for defense, 50 max for special defense, and 50% max evasion. These numbers are all examples.

PP numbers can either be determined by others on what they feel is fair, or by another system I can't come up with.... To be honest, I'm actually not to sure about using PP for the more basic attacks (unless we want Struggle as an option :P), but it would be good for the more powerful attacks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 8th March 2015, 11:44 pm

I thought the goal here was to make things less confusing and complicated and yet things have already surpassed the complexity of my proposed image posting rules in Jpegs & Pngs & Gifs, oh my!
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 8th March 2015, 11:52 pm

See, here's the problem: we keep things simple, and everyone's not going to want to fight because it's a pain in the ass to fight, though it won't be complicated. We make things complicated, and we're going to have trouble setting up, and things might be a pain to calculate, but it isn't painful to win against users. We gotta find a balance, and that's hard to do.

Although...hm. Plans, Lief does have.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 8th March 2015, 11:56 pm

Then let's hear them oh Master Yoda Lief of Soda Katano.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 9th March 2015, 12:03 am

...of Soda?

I ended up posting it in the Complaints/Suggestion thread, 'cause it's a bigger plan than just the Cage.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 9th March 2015, 9:44 am

Okay, I think I have an idea:

1) We use these stats for the profiles:
Spoiler:

2) Each person gets 54 points to spread around however they like, with a stat value of 10 considered average

3) Now for the fun part....maths to get the last few important stats

HP: (Will + Constitution)*10(this number doesn't matter too much so I'll let you guys decide on it) and example would be: 5 will + 5 constitution gives 10, then 10*10=100 HP

Defense: the average of Constitution and Dexterity, example: 5 con + 5 dex is 10, then 10/2=5 defense

Magic Def: average of Con, dex, and Magic Defense, example: 5 con + 5 dex + 5 md is 15, then 15/3= 5 magic def

4) The way the fighting would work would be simple, you do your attack and then use rng to decide if your move hits or not. How that'll work will be you decide which of the 3 offensive types your move is (physical would be strength, ranged weapons/tech dex, and magic magic offensive) subtract 10 then add what the rng gives you(you should type 1d10 in the rng so you get a number between 1-10). If that number is higher than the opponent's Def(if using non magic moves) or Magic Def(if using magic) then it hits, if not, miss. For attacks idk Daaahck?

I know its a little complicated since it's a super simple version of what I use for LL but thoughts?
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th March 2015, 10:02 am

Interesting. I like it, but it could be complicated...

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 10th March 2015, 12:07 pm

Not a bad idea though, decent explanation to go along with it.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 13th March 2015, 7:23 pm

I'll take it as so long as allies remain.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13th March 2015, 7:44 pm

Brain spark! Why don't we have a referee for all matches?

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 13th March 2015, 7:48 pm

And what are his/her exact duties?

*is open to that idea and being the ref*
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13th March 2015, 7:55 pm

Once we get a good system set up, whenever we have a match, we have a neutral member who isn't in the match and knows the system well to keep track of hits, damage, and other important stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 13th March 2015, 8:38 pm

So basically a Game Master?
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next