Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 17 - Once again, our king is terrible at names

+15
returnofmastercrazyhand
RedCydranth
silence
TheCapsFan
Gravitas
Greece
Critical Sass
Burnin' Bunnies
Nopon
Caprizant
Chibster
Lief Katano
Meyneth
Dragel
Truthseeker4449
19 posters

Page 38 of 67 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 17 - Once again, our king is terrible at names - Page 38 Empty Re: Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 17 - Once again, our king is terrible at names

Post by Guest 20th October 2015, 9:57 pm

Still have no idea what it is, and hasn't bothered to look it up yet.

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 17 - Once again, our king is terrible at names - Page 38 Empty Re: Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 17 - Once again, our king is terrible at names

Post by Guest 20th October 2015, 10:03 pm

jokool wrote:Still have no idea what it is, and hasn't bothered to look it up yet.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/Undertale

In the time it took you to say that, you coulda been looking it up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravitas 20th October 2015, 10:04 pm

I dunno if you want to know, but in the case that you do, I'll tell you anyway.

Undertale is an indie RPG inspired by games such as the Mother franchise with a soundtrack that weaves chiptune and orchestral sounds together flawlessly, witty dialogue, memorable characters, and a story that is extremely dependent on the player's choices. 

One of the main draws of the game is the battle mechanic. On your turn, you can either choose to fight your opponent, which involves timing a strike to get maximum damage, or you can "Act" followed by "Sparing" your opponent -- basically, choosing actions to perform, where the right sequence will result in some funny dialogue boxes and defeating your opponent without harming them. On the opponent's turn, they shoot various bullets in patterns at you, who is represented by a heart, in a manner reminiscent of Bullet Hell Japanese Shoot 'Em Ups. It's extremely fun, and the developer does get creative with his enemies' bullet patterns. You'll feel like you're playing a platformer sometimes, a rhythm game others, and even a quiz game in one fight. It's amazing.

It's an amazing game and I highly recommend that you buy it if you have the money to spare. Also, you'll get all the references that we're making.
Gravitas
Gravitas

: Filled with DETERMINATION. :

Alignment : Chaotic Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20th October 2015, 10:09 pm

*downloads the demo*

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravitas 20th October 2015, 10:10 pm

I promise you, you won't regret it!
Gravitas
Gravitas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20th October 2015, 10:11 pm

I'll check it out after work tomorrow since it's getting slightly late and I have to work early again tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 20th October 2015, 10:12 pm

*goes on another trip*
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20th October 2015, 10:20 pm

It's great, but there's also some really frustrating "guide dang-it" moments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravitas 20th October 2015, 10:28 pm

Yeah, true that. I've felt that a bit when playing but didn't know the word for it. Now that I'm reading the TVTropes article on "Guide Dang It", I realize that's exactly how I felt sometimes.

Also thanks for the TVTropes reference. I needed to go to sleep early tonight, but it looks like that's not happening.
Gravitas
Gravitas

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 20th October 2015, 10:33 pm

Lord Dragelsnart wrote:I'm going to assume Undertale is a pretty good game by all the themes
It might be but I'm forever going to hate it for the No Mercy path.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCapsFan 20th October 2015, 10:38 pm

Burnin' Bunnies wrote:*pokes everyone*

*pokes back harder* :U
TheCapsFan
TheCapsFan

: Writing The Future

Myers-Briggs Type : ENFP-T
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20th October 2015, 10:38 pm

Lief Katano wrote:
Lord Dragelsnart wrote:I'm going to assume Undertale is a pretty good game by all the themes
Just so we're clear, have you played it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 20th October 2015, 10:41 pm

Charles wrote:
Lief Katano wrote:
Just so we're clear, have you played it?
I have not. 

It is entirely based on its deconstruction of RPGs.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravitas 20th October 2015, 11:16 pm

I already posted a link to this in BMGf's Random Messages, but this is too good not to post here:

Spoiler:

Where has this been all my life?
Gravitas
Gravitas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21st October 2015, 12:17 am

*heads for dreamland on a Warp Star*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 67 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 67  Next