Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think I know where I'm going in life now.

Go down

I think I know where I'm going in life now. Empty I think I know where I'm going in life now.

The description is no joke...except for the fact that she said it jokingly. I'll get to that in a minute.

Anyway, like the title says, I finally have a clear picture of my future now. After talking with my family a lot lately, I've finally put some pieces of the puzzle that is my life together, and can now see a clear picture instead of a jumbled up mess.

I was going to post this yesterday when I had my revelation, but it was late, and I wanted to get to bed asap. I don't have much time this morning because we have a few errands to run, but I'll go over things briefly.

I've finally decided that I love working in my store (or any store for that matter), and after hearing from my grandma that a lot of my relatives have made their living working their way up in a store, I feel like this is something that I can easily accomplish. There has even been talk of me possibly being promoted at work to a management position if I can be more assertive, so this is something I plan to strive for. I love this store! It's close by, everyone is friendly, I'm enjoying the work there (even though I end up being tired after coming home (but it wouldn't be work if I wasn't tired :P)), just everything about it feels right! So yeah, I can easily make a living by working my way up in it.

I know I've had other goals in life (like LPing, creating anime/manga/video game stuff, etc.), but I think I just prefer watching/reading/playing other people's work and leave all that up to the experts.

As for any possible romances...well, I know the attraction to my coworker was just simply an attraction, and nothing more. I know there's nothing between us, and that we're not really made for each other, so yeah, I just need to move on.

We did have a funny moment last night though (and here's where the description comes in): When I first got to work, she was working in the deli and asked me if I could get some pizza crust from the back for her (we have a buy one pizza, get one free deal every Tuesday, so pizza is popular that day). I did, and she said thanks. A few minutes later, she calls me back to the deli and told me she had ran out of sausage for the pizzas and if I could get her some. I said sure, and got that for her quickly. She told me I was amazing and thank me again. A few minutes more go by, and I'm walking by the deli. She calls out to me and says, and I quote, "I love you! *insert a brief pause where I probably turned bright red* Can you get me some rolls?" I chuckled (as did one of our coworkers who overheard that) and said I would, so I grabbed a couple of packs from the freezer and brought them to her. She asked if they were frozen, and I said yes. She then asked if I could grab some that were not frozen, to which I respond (jokingly, I might add), and I quote, "Anything for you my love!" The same coworker who was chuckling earlier busted out laughing when I said this (which embarrassed her I think since she told him to shut up :P).

So yeah, funny moment, and also ironic that that was the first time a girl actually said those three words to me, even if it was jokingly.

But like I said, I know there's nothing between us, and I know there never will be. We simply got along at work, and we had fun, but that was it. I need to move on and just forget about her. Last night was her last night working there since she put in her 2 weeks notice a couple of weeks ago, so I probably won't see her much (if at all) anymore (though, I imagine she'll come in to shop still). I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to her before she left because I was busy, but I don't think it matters much. If anything, her not working there will help me move on. And maybe someday, if I'm lucky, I'll meet someone new, get to know them, then, if things are working out between us, fall for her, and hopefully, things will work out great and I'll have someone in my life that I can love.

That was a bit longer than I expected, but there is one more thing I need to add to this.

The other day, I said in the "Gone Fishing" thread that I may be taking time off to help me get my life straightened out. I may have figured things out, but I do feel like I need to spend less time online. I feel like I should be spending more time with my family, then, if there's plenty of extra time in my day, I'll come online for a bit. So yeah, I'll probably be coming on less often, but I will still come online when I have extra time.

Anyway, I better be going now since I'm taking too much time with this and there are those errands we have to run today... Annoyed

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

I think I know where I'm going in life now. :: Comments

Truthseeker4449

Post 7th October 2015, 10:15 am by Truthseeker4449

Clap, Clap For You!

Back to top Go down

Chibster

Post 7th October 2015, 11:06 am by Chibster

I'm sorry you didn't get to say bye to her, but I think it's for the best.

Anyway, I think it's great you have an idea of what you want to do as a career! I hope it all works out for you! You're really lucky to have such a supportive family, too! I think my parents kind of accepted the fact that I don't want to be a doctor, nurse, or a pharmacist, but deep down that's what they wanted. xD

Back to top Go down

Nopon

Post 7th October 2015, 11:48 am by Nopon

Congrats! Sounds like you finished the tutorials and began your main quest Praise feathers!

Hope you reach your dream!

Back to top Go down

Greece

Post 7th October 2015, 3:44 pm by Greece

Yeah!

Back to top Go down

Katuna Makata

Post 9th October 2015, 2:20 am by Katuna Makata

You, my friend, have a much stronger constitution than I.

Part of me thinks this is a bad move because I know people treat those in retail (and fast food and wait staff) like shit, and I hate to think of your future experiences with that as a human being in general and as a friend. But it's not like you're unaware of those problems, especially if you're planning on moving up to a management position which comes with even more struggles. Not only with customers, but with handling employees and becoming more assertive, which is something I also need to work on.

That said, how awesome this is for you!

Speaking from experience, being lost sucks. That state of drifting and depression giving way to hopelessness... it's terrible. So to not only be able to do something you enjoy for a living, but being on the path to financial stability, that's wonderful! And of course having the support of your family behind you is great too.

Maybe you'll want to take a different path down the line due to future experiences or opportunities (or a romance Sailor's Mind ). But if not, and this path continues to make you happy, then I'm happy for you, Joe.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down