How/has the Pit Stop affected you in real life?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How/has the Pit Stop affected you in real life?

Post by Princess on 25th May 2015, 12:09 am

See title. 

Yes, it has. For example, today I heard a song and it reminded me of a song I first heard on the Post A Song thread. Someone mentioned Minecraft and I thought of Truthseeker4449.

but lief me alone
Princess

Myers-Briggs Type : INTJ-A
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How/has the Pit Stop affected you in real life?

Post by Burnin' Bunnies on 25th May 2015, 12:16 am

I think it has. I tend to make jokes with Snazz and Greece about events in the Pit Stop and saying stuff like "oh, we should say that in the Pit Stop!" (we always forget to do whatever we say, though. Boo.) I also make the " :I " face in real life now, and the Pit Stop kinda was what exposed me to that face. :I

Yes. I make faces off of emoticons. Deal with it.

I can't remember what I liked to do online (besides dA) before hanging out on the Pit Stop, and I've only been on here for almost 2 years (!) so I guess that's pretty impact-full.
Burnin' Bunnies

: Holy crap. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Orcapon on 25th May 2015, 12:17 am

Helped me get a step closer towards my goal of being published by sparking my creativity a bunch :T

also got me into LPing
Orcapon

: Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 on 25th May 2015, 1:01 am

I think it has made me a bit more open with the outside world by building my very poor social skills a bit. If nothing else, it has allowed me to build an online identity that I strongly associate myself with even off the internet.

Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jokool on 25th May 2015, 11:08 am

Like Lux, the Pit Stop got me into LPing, and watching LPers. And like Truth, the Pit Stop has also helped me to build up my online identity.

Some other things that have happened to me because of the Pit Stop is the growth of my love of anime/manga. I've been introduced to so many new series from being here! Still need to catch up on them though...

Another thing, which is probably the most important thing: I've met all of you. I don't know how different my life would be if I didn't have you guys to talk to all the time, but I'm sure it would be a lot lonelier.
jokool
Admin

: Get ready for a shock! :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand on 25th May 2015, 11:35 am

I tend to say jokes we make on here out loud by accident A LOT.

I need a life.
theme song
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess on 25th May 2015, 2:29 pm

Here are some ways the Pit Stop has influenced me, in no particular order:

Overall, like jokool, I've had the pleasure of meeting all of you and that in itself is an influence. 
You all encourage me way more than people do in real life. I'm not one to expect encouragement but it is definitely a welcome addition to my life. 
I was introduced to DN through the Pit Stop, which I have enjoyed spending my time on, not to mention the other titles of games/media  some of you have suggested to me that I plan to play/watch/listen soon. 
The Pit Stop inspires me to share my work in whatever medium because although I am posting it on the worldwide web, it is in a way in a contained place where I feel safe experimenting with different techniques and recieveing feedback from the Pit Stop. A recent example of this would be Lief encouraging me to join deviantArt (This goes with what I stated about encouragement). 
The Pit Stop is a place where I unwind and relax as well as a place of nostalgia for me. 

Who knows, I'll probably add to this as time goes on.

but lief me alone
Princess

Myers-Briggs Type : INTJ-A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 on 25th May 2015, 3:00 pm

jokool wrote:Another thing, which is probably the most important thing: I've met all of you. I don't know how different my life would be if I didn't have you guys to talk to all the time, but I'm sure it would be a lot lonelier.
Now that I think about, that's a good one. I've definitely had a lot of fun with you guys and wouldn't have otherwise gotten involved in several games without you guys.

Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies on 25th May 2015, 6:10 pm

Like most of you guys, my online identity, and in extension my physical one, has grown. I've become rather confident in myself in many ways. I also receive more feedback from you guys art wise than I do on dA, but that's just because I don't have many watchers still. :U
I consider you all my friends. I tend to have a difficult time fitting in with kids at school because of how wide my range on interests is. That may seem contradictory, but it really isn't. I can't fit in because I have more than one interest and hobby. I'm both an artist and a musician. A gamer and a writer. But I'm not extraordinary or more inclined to one or another, and that can make it very difficult to find people I want to hang out with. I feel very welcomed here on the Pit Stop, because there is a place for everything and everyone gives input at some point or another.
Burnin' Bunnies

: Holy crap. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top