Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommend me ALL of the things!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Recommend me ALL of the things! - Page 2 Empty Recommend me ALL of the things!

Now that I have great Internet connection, I can now nerd out with everyone else to my heart's content. So! Recommend me something. Absolutely anything. A webcomic, anime, live-action TV, cartoons, a movie, anything that I'd need the Internet to enjoy. This includes Netflix.

In your comment, list the name of the work, the bare essentials of the plot, and why you like it. I'll handpick my favorite ones and add them to my personal list. Can't guarantee I'll look into it, I'm still limited by time, but I need somewhere to start.

So GO! Dunspach is Glory!
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

: Fresh Start! :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Good

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Recommend me ALL of the things! :: Comments

Katuna Makata

Post 26th September 2015, 1:40 am by Katuna Makata

Western Animation:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Greece

Post 26th September 2015, 10:11 am by Greece

No one has done webcomics

I don't know which ones you read but Cucumber Quest is good.

Back to top Go down

Truthseeker4449

Post 26th September 2015, 1:22 pm by Truthseeker4449

Lief Katano wrote:Is Caprizant even a duelist?
Not right now, I'm saying we are going to make him into one.

Back to top Go down

Burnin' Bunnies

Post 26th September 2015, 2:47 pm by Burnin' Bunnies

Greece wrote:No one has done webcomics

Bunny mans.

That is all.

Buy seriously, Cucumber Quest is wonderful! It really plays against the typical hero story--Cucumber is "the Hero", but doesn't want to be. He wants to go to the school of his dreams to practice magic. Instead, he has to save the world as the reincarnation of the legendary hero.
His sister Almond, on the other hand, wants to be a knight. She is great at sword fighting and is all for the heroic adventure, despite the role of "the Younger Sister".
They meet a wimpy knight, Carrot, who loves the princess, along with other great and lovable characters.

As sweet as the story sounds (and is), there are plenty of tense encounters. Chapter 3 just finished, and boy was it getting dark/deep. Every single character is plotted out in such great ways, and the emotional Rollercoaster both the reader and the characters go through is amazing.

Other webcomics I would recommend are:
Namesake
The Boy Who Fell (more like a manga, actually. Reads right to left and starts out in manga greyscale)
Sakana
Awaken

Namesake: Emma Crewe was an unknown Namesake until the day she accidentally wound up in Oz. With the help of her sister and her closest friends from this world and Oz, she might just wind up saving everyone.
Gets Uber deep and can get a little confusing, but it incorporates tons of fairy tales in a very interesting manner. The authors, Isa and Meg, have really done their research.

The Boy Who Fell revolves around an innocent, softhearted and almost-spineless boy named Ren who suddenly finds himself in Hell after accidentally falling off a school rooftop. He is then forced to partake in a tournament full of powerful and vicious beings in order to attain his only way of going home: an all-powerful wish from the ruler of Hell himself.

As the story progresses, lines between allies and enemies are blurred, dark pasts are revealed, political issues come to light and all the while, Ren slowly realizes that in order to survive this journey, he might have to give up the very things that make him human.

Sakana: A thrilling tale of two socially dysfunctional brothers working at the largest fish market in the world, and the things they must do to get paid, make friends and date ladies.

Awaken:
Image :

Back to top Go down

Caprizant

Post 28th September 2015, 3:46 pm by Caprizant

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions! :D I've added a lot of them to my list.
Khaki Makoto wrote:From the New World (2012)
Spoiler:
Sooooo prettyyyyyy *o*
Khaki Makoto wrote:Orphan Black (2013)
candypolis wrote:
Tatiana wrote:The beautiful and horrific thing about the patent storyline is that, for me, it resonated as a woman—this idea of your body, your personality and your image not being yours. As an actor, I understand that and the more I’m in a public consciousness, the more I understand that role a lot of women are forced to take, which is about giving up a lot of your identity to serve the public. For me, it was really incredibly resonant point in terms of the ownership women have over their bodies.
This is why Orphan Black is so beautiful as a feminist series. In addition to excellent queer representation, and amazing, well rounded, complex female characters, Orphan Black is in essence a metaphor for the fight against patriarchy: the right of women for agency and control over their bodies and lives, free from men who seek to control and objectify them. The act of creating clones is, in itself, a metaphor for men’s objectification and control of women’s bodies. For the Clone Club, then, the process of becoming self-aware, seeking answers, fighting for their lives and freedom, demanding information, finding solidarity in one another, all of this is an act of resistance.
She's incredibly talented, making each role she plays on the show distinct (which is why it's always a blast seeing one clone pretending to be another clone). A Canadian treasure and a joy to watch.
I was on the fence with this series before, but this makes it sound really cool :o
Khaki Makoto wrote:Gravity Falls (2012)
Episodes to date: 36
I figured Gravity Falls had a lot more episodes than that. Now that makes me even more motivated to watch it, because I probably actually have time for it :V
Greece wrote:No one has done webcomics

I HAVE READ THIS IN A SINGLE DAY IT IS AMAZING AND CUTE Y'ALL SHOULD READ IT TOO ;W;
Truthseeker4449 wrote:
Lief Katano wrote:Is Caprizant even a duelist?
Not right now, I'm saying we are going to make him into one.
Sorry, not that much into it. I think I'm fine with Pokémon for now :V

Back to top Go down

Meyneth

Post 28th September 2015, 5:50 pm by Meyneth

pls play Vanguard

Back to top Go down

Katuna Makata

Post 30th September 2015, 12:00 am by Katuna Makata

Cap wrote:Sooooo prettyyyyyy *o*

I was on the fence with this series before, but this makes it sound really cool :o

I figured Gravity Falls had a lot more episodes than that. Now that makes me even more motivated to watch it, because I probably actually have time for it :V
That's a bit misleading on my part since it's the ED, but the animation in the actual show is gorgeous too!

I went in blind because a friend recommended it to me saying it was one of the best shows currently on TV. Did not regret it. We watched the first season and second season premiere together this past June, then I marathoned the rest of it with my sister in roughly a week (because our cable box was nice enough to have it all on demand).
The rest of that tumblr post I linked to contains spoilers for the last couple of episodes of season one, but it does address OB's less-than-stellar handling of PoC characters. That, combined with the aforementioned convoluted plot of season 3, is kind "eh" to say the least, but overall I really enjoy the show. Nothing can top that torturous season one finale; no one could refuse to renew it for another season after seeing that.

It's been three years and we're still in season two. T_T
Alex addressed this in his first AMA (link here, though beware the spoilery images on the right):
Alex Hirsch wrote:
2013:
Again, I think this further emphasizes how the show is a labor of love.
That first hiatus was a killer though, no joke. I rewatched the first 12 episodes at least twice during those long four months.

There's currently 2 DVDs available containing the first 14 episodes. Normally I'd just opt for a season boxset, but I dunno if we're going to ever get that and I wanted to support the show, so I ended up buying those.
Disney is such a huge tease though it has the "commentary does not reflect Disney's positions on anything" spiel pop up when you pop in the DVD but then there's no commentary track on any of the episodes what the shit

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2