Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommend me ALL of the things!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Recommend me ALL of the things! Empty Recommend me ALL of the things!

Now that I have great Internet connection, I can now nerd out with everyone else to my heart's content. So! Recommend me something. Absolutely anything. A webcomic, anime, live-action TV, cartoons, a movie, anything that I'd need the Internet to enjoy. This includes Netflix.

In your comment, list the name of the work, the bare essentials of the plot, and why you like it. I'll handpick my favorite ones and add them to my personal list. Can't guarantee I'll look into it, I'm still limited by time, but I need somewhere to start.

So GO! Dunspach is Glory!
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

: Fresh Start! :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Good

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Recommend me ALL of the things! :: Comments

Burnin' Bunnies

Post 25th September 2015, 4:23 pm by Burnin' Bunnies

I don't have a whole lot to say right now, but if you haven't read the manga +Anima, I highly suggest it! I guess reading a manga doesn't exactly require unternet, but +Anima won't be that easy to find, being a lesser known and a bit older of a manga.
+Anima is about the adventures of Cooro as he trues to find a home as an Anima, someone (mostly children) who can have the powers of an animal when necessary. (For instance, Cooro can fly because his animal is a black raven. He can have wings.) On his journey to find a home, Cooro meets Husky, Nana, and Senri, other Animas, and beautiful friendships are born! ;v;

I really like +Anima--it is fun and silly, yet there can be (and are) some great feels. It is about friendship and general kindness. It touches on subjects like prejudice and abuse, which can be hard to talk about, but the way +Anima handles them is simple and really adds to the plot. The world +Anima takes place in is very well developed, and though the story is not incredibly long or well known, it is definitely, to me, a must read.

Back to top Go down

Caprizant

Post 25th September 2015, 5:44 pm by Caprizant

I do, indeed, need a good connection to enjoy manga. I don't live close to the library, which doesn't have much to choose from anyway. I don't have a job, and if I did my extra money would go towards music, so buying is out of the question. So I'm stuck with the Internet, which, until this afternoon, was limited to 50GB a month and pretty slow :B

+Anima sounds pretty interesting, thanks for the suggestion! Dunsparce Approves

Back to top Go down

Truthseeker4449

Post 25th September 2015, 6:04 pm by Truthseeker4449

Back to top Go down

Post 25th September 2015, 9:36 pm by Guest

Do you have Steam?

Back to top Go down

Caprizant

Post 25th September 2015, 10:09 pm by Caprizant

I don't have Steam. Despite having good Internet now, I don't think my current laptop could handle most games. Maybe with the next one. :V

I can still add recommendations to my list, though.

Back to top Go down

Truthseeker4449

Post 25th September 2015, 10:16 pm by Truthseeker4449

Even a low end laptop should be able to handle Dueling Network.

Back to top Go down

Post 25th September 2015, 10:22 pm by Guest

That's true. Might be slightly laggy, but you should be able to duel.

Back to top Go down

Lief Katano

Post 25th September 2015, 10:27 pm by Lief Katano

Is Caprizant even a duelist?

Back to top Go down

Chibster

Post 25th September 2015, 10:36 pm by Chibster

Movies: Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky, Life is Beautiful, Lagaan,The Last Samurai, Shrek the Third
or if you need comedy: Kikujiro, Norbit (it has really low ratings, but it's hilarious), Dumb and Dumber, Bruce Almighty
Anime/Manga: Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist, FMA Brotherhood, Kimi ni Todoke, Ginga Nagareboshi Gin, Ginga Densetsu Weed, Princess Jellyfish, B Gata H Kei, Barakamon
Cartoons: I was recently recommended Bob's Burgers
Live-action shows: Parks and Recreation, Everybody Hates Chris, Supernatural

If you decide to watch any of the anime or movies I listed, let me know what you think of them! They happen to be some of my favorites. :)

Back to top Go down

Nopon

Post 25th September 2015, 11:43 pm by Nopon

Steven Universe. Steven is a boy who is half human half magical gem creature who is finding his place among the Crystal Gems, 3 gem creatures who are fighting to protect mankind. Sounds very cliche until this main point: Where most works would focus on the mundane being solved in magical ways, Steven Universe is the opposite, the magical solved in mundane ways. Be it talking it out, a hug, tennis skills, throwing a refrigerator at a giant centipede. The best thing though, is that the characters are fleshed out and have a full spectrum of emotions. They make mistakes, they cry, they hurt each other (actual emotional hurt, not just the 'now I'm mad until the end of the episode >:() but also laugh, play, and love (actual family, lovers, and friendship love, not just the I love you cause plot). If you check it out, the show grows its beard when it reaches the episode So Many Birthdays, everything before then is just character introducing and basic plots. Also the best reason to check it out is that it is at its core, a show about optimism, and seeing the good in everything. After all if every pork chop were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs

Another show to check out is We Bare Bears. If the name didn't get you yet, its about three bear brothers who basically have fun shenanigans. That's why you should watch it. It is just three cartoon bears having fun, being whimsical and happy, and so dang optimistic. The thing that sells it is the characters. Grizz, a fun loving grizzly bear who's goal in life is to make friends. That's it, and he's so dang adorable and optimistic because of it. Panda is a panda and is us. Internet otaku who's two goals are...getting a girl friend, and maintaining his awesome internet rep...and he has a cell phone. Then there's Icebear...who is only explained as Icebear. Basically he is a genius and awesome and stuffs. Also he sleeps in a fridge with an ax. Also it is made by a former Pixar story artist who worked on Inside Out and Cars 2 I think :T

Back to top Go down

Meyneth

Post 25th September 2015, 11:51 pm by Meyneth

I second Parks and Rec, Steven Universe, and Princess Jellyfish!

If you have Netflix and like crime dramas, then Psych is Great!

Back to top Go down

Katuna Makata

Post 26th September 2015, 12:45 am by Katuna Makata

Apologies if you've already seen any of this stuff.

Anime:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Khaki Makoto on 26th September 2015, 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spoilered because I talk a lot)

Back to top Go down

Katuna Makata

Post 26th September 2015, 1:28 am by Katuna Makata

Live Action:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Khaki Makoto on 26th September 2015, 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Katuna Makata

Post 26th September 2015, 1:36 am by Katuna Makata

Movies:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next